Steven Masone? Never heard of this A-whole
(11-24-2012, 10:37 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 08:46 AM)chuck white Wrote: From what I've read from CSROWEN's post. I would say he is a Christian, Just not a 'saved' one.

I'm completely non-religious.

Yes, but you have Christ values of concern for your fellow man.
You just haven't bought into the magical thinking.
I think that called "humanitarian".
I believe all men of virtue who spend enough time in contemplation eventually come to Christ-like values of concern for our fellow men.
(11-24-2012, 10:47 AM)csrowan Wrote: I think that called "humanitarian".

Yes Christ was a great humanitarian, I not sure why they smothered him with 'magical thinking'
I don't think I'd want Christ-like values. I like to think I'm better than that.

Quote:Jesus did not want you in his club. Unless you were a Jew, Jesus thought you were a filthy animal. Yes, even if you are Christian. It is all in the Bible.

<snip>

In the culture in which Jesus lived, the ultimate insult was to call someone a dog. One of dozens of disparaging verses in the Bible which mentions dogs is Job 30:1, which says, “But now those younger than I mock me, whose fathers I disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.”

That verse is described as the following in “Barnes’ Notes on the Bible”: ”To have set with the dogs of my flock – To have associated with my dogs in guarding my flock. That is, they were held in less esteem than his dogs. This was the lowest conceivable point of debasement. The Orientals (a European term for those from the Middle East) had no language that would express greater contempt of anyone than to call him a dog.”

In Matthew 7:6 Jesus says, “Do not give what is holy to dogs; do not cast your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.”

Jesus is not talking about dogs in the sense of the animal; he is using the term to refer to human beings. In that verse, Jesus is saying to not give what is holy to contemptible, repugnant people.

Of course, that is only one example of Jesus using a particular word or phrase to represent other people or himself. In the Bible, Jesus refers to himself as bread, for example by saying he is the bread of life (John 6:25-59) and to eat bread as his body (Matthew 26:26). And Jesus also used a number of phrases, which he took from the Tanakh (also called the Hebrew Bible or Old Testament) to refer to his fellow Jews, such as the lost sheep of Israel (Matthew 15:24), the children of Israel, etc.

You’re not a Jew? Then you are not a child of Israel.

For the Jesus fans reading this, Gentiles means “white people” and all other non-Jews. You’re not a Jew? Then you are a Gentile. So what did Jesus have to say about a Gentile like you?

Matthew 10:5 “Go not into the way of the Gentiles”
Matthew 15:24 “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
John 4:22 “Salvation is of the Jews.”
In Matthew 15:21-28 (and in Mark 7:25-30) Jesus is in Gentile territory when a distraught mother approaches Jesus and begs him to help her daughter. Jesus ignores the mother, and his disciples (also all Jews, naturally) complain, “Jesus, that woman is getting on our nerves. Get rid of her.”

The Gentile woman persists, begging Jesus to heal her sick child. Jesus eventually responds by insulting the woman for being a Gentile. But rather than getting angry, the Gentile woman uses his slur to talk Jesus into healing her daughter.

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.

22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Jesus turned his back on this mother’s child while his disciples complained the woman was being a pain in the ass. It is not until the mother begs and grovels at his feet after being called the most rotten term of contempt possible is his language that Jesus finally caves in and helps the woman’s poor daughter.

In neither version of the story, which appears in both the gospels of Mark and of Matthew, does Jesus even touch the daughter. Perhaps the daughter was menstruating and was “dirty” according to the religion of Jesus, Judaism? Or perhaps the fact she was a filthy dog was bad enough?

And amazingly, after all that, Jesus making it clear he and his disciples had nothing to do with the Gentiles and Jesus slinging the most degrading, hateful insult of his culture at us non-Jews, Christians will read that and say, “yeah, but he did heal the child.”

That’s nice. Is that how you would react if you came across a wounded little kitten that needed your help? Refuse to do anything until someone managed to beg and grovel at your feet until you relented? How would you honestly feel if you saw a doctor refuse to render help because a child was outside his ethnic or religious group until the child’s mother fed the doctor’s bigoted superiority complex?

<snip>

It was Paul, Luke, and an unknown individual pretending to be Peter who created Christianity, not Jesus. And Jesus clearly did not intend to change his mind either.

In Revelation 3:9 Jesus says, “I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.”

Jesus makes no mention of Christians or anyone else. According to his own words (see Matthew chapter 5, along with other comments such as those above), Jesus never intended to begin a new faith; he came to further his own religion, Judaism.

If you’re not a Jew, you’re not a member of his club. In the words of Jesus, you’re the lowest, most contemptible sort of person on the planet.

The reason you think you can speak to Jesus and feel his love is the same reason you can have a conversation in your head with President Obama. We build models of other individuals in our brains to predict their behavior. [4]

That’s what happens when you neglect to read the book by which you supposedly live your life, when you fail to learn its history and objectively investigate what you think you believe — you end up having a fantasy relationship with a bigoted, dead Jew.
http://ladydifadden.wordpress.com/2012/0...-to-jesus/

Also: http://www.usbible.com/Jesus/jesus_deadly_sins.htm
You're right. I have more Godly values than that too. Smiling
Ok, so Jesus wasn't very Christ like.
Still, the values that Christians claim of love they neighbor, comes across in your post.
Are you sure they aren't the values that Buddhists claim? Or African Traditional, Baha'i, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Native American, Paganism, Scientology, Shintoism, Sikhism, Taoism, Wicca and Zoroastrianism values?

http://www.humanreligions.info/golden.html
I live in America, where I have been bombarded by Christians. So your probably correct. I have often suspected that Jesus got some of his teachings from abroad.

I only made a reference to you being Christian from Steve's question. I felt that indeed you showed more of the 'Idealist' Christian values than he did. He is one of the 'Magical thinker'
I understand. And the only reason I mentioned Christian values in the first place was because Steve not only defines himself as a Christian, but he is also a Christian leader.

Had he defined himself as a Buddhist, I would have pointed out his unbuddhist behavior.
Don't all religions basically teach love and kindness as core principals anyway?
I'm not sure about Scientology?
Excellent point.
(10-30-2012, 10:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-30-2012, 09:10 PM)GoGoGomez Wrote: I was in a restaurant the other night and heard this guy haranging the staff and when they asked him to leave he said he was a 'critic' and blah blah. I saw a post on UrbanSpoon but other than that who is this jerk?

Blogger..... You can be whatever you want to be. Big Grin

http://www.deltanewsandreview.com/
http://www.deltanewsandreview.com/2012/1...rants.html
I guess you're right. I am seeing other posts (verbatim) under the name Ed Stevens. All this over a $2 hot dog. What a dick!