A Thought for Today
My stepdad had a little sheep skin, framed, on the wall. His last year's average, in semi-pro. "640". He was forty six. That was driven by radionuclydes from Hanford. That, and worse. He was murdered, over fears that he would talk, in prison. By local authorities.
(02-28-2013, 11:37 AM)illcommandante Wrote: My stepdad had a little sheep skin, framed, on the wall. His last year's average, in semi-pro. "640". He was forty six. That was driven by radionuclydes from Hanford. That, and worse. He was murdered, over fears that he would talk, in prison. By local authorities.

I had a co-worker who framed and hung every 'sheep skin' he ever got, HS, college, achievement award, training cert ....etc in his cubical.
I made him a:
Neighborly Technician Award
with a picture of Mr Rogers, complete with seals, fancy borders , big signatures and bold authentic wording.

It was his favorite, cause it showed how much bullshit it all was, which is why re hung them all.
I had a nice commendation, from the marines. When Debs Potts retired from the Oregon Senate, they found it stuffed in a hole in the wall, by his desk. Where it had been hid for years. Where he hid it, to keep from reading it into the minutes. Because Pappy didn't want to see a nigger passing for white, recognised as Oregon's hero. Now that I turn out to be a white man, his little boy is trying to kill me. And Gil Gilbertson was his anticipated shooter. Try now Gil. Kill a hero for Allyn.
The thought for today: say what you mean

I am usually a quiet person and let most shit slide by but yesterday: . This person came in the cafe and was placing pamphlets on the tables that were in support of gun control. I grabbed the stupid fucker and told him he could shove the paper up his black ass and tossed him out the door.

My lunch was free. So the thought for today is to say what u mean AND act on it.
My thought for the day is you people are touched in the head.
Sea Kelp.
[Image: knightsquirrel_zpsa5980801.jpg]
(03-03-2013, 01:02 PM)Larry Wrote: [Image: knightsquirrel_zpsa5980801.jpg]

Alone with him in an alley I would kick his ass.

Against 400,000 of them in an alley I'd be dead meat.

So, I guess the thought for the day is don't piss off any country with over a billion people?
(03-03-2013, 01:18 PM)Wonky Wrote:

So, I guess the thought for the day is don't piss off any country with over a billion people?

I aint skeerd a no squirrel wanna be armadillo. I see a design flaw. I don't think he could even reach the knife. Beesides who brings a knife to a pellet gun fight Laughing
It's a genetic modification eons of human predation has brought about, and they're cooperative fighters - each one carries a knife for a buddy to use.
(03-03-2013, 01:18 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Nah, not really a thought for the day, I just didn't find a better, quick place to put the picture. Squirrels and I have a sordid history......
(03-03-2013, 01:51 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's a genetic modification eons of human predation has brought about, and they're cooperative fighters - each one carries a knife for a buddy to use.

Laughing Perhaps the wittiest post of yours I've seen.
"Raising a daughter sometimes feels like being hopped up on expresso. Everything goes in fast motion, then there's the crash, when you realize your precious daughter has blossomed into a woman. Overnight.

Willie Roberson ~~ Duck Dynasty
Because motivation pervades all action, it is important that we have a positive motivation. Whatever we are involved in, whether it's politics, education, medicine, law, engineering, science, business or industry, the nature of our motivation determines the character of our work.

_____ Dalai Lama
(10-22-2018, 11:10 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Because motivation pervades all action, it is important that we have a positive motivation. Whatever we are involved in, whether it's politics, education, medicine, law, engineering, science, business or industry, the nature of our motivation determines the character of our work.

_____ Dalai Lama

Last two posts..A guy from Duck Dynasty and the Dalai Lama Laughing Laughing Blink
(10-22-2018, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 11:10 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Because motivation pervades all action, it is important that we have a positive motivation. Whatever we are involved in, whether it's politics, education, medicine, law, engineering, science, business or industry, the nature of our motivation determines the character of our work.

_____ Dalai Lama

Last two posts..A guy from Duck Dynasty and the Dalai Lama Laughing Laughing Blink

Shadow cannot exist without light.
(10-22-2018, 03:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

_____ Dalai Lama

Shadow cannot exist without light.

Exactly, although it wasn't that deviant religious anti gay racist freak Phil Robertson who said that.
How can you tell the difference between a Russia troll farm meme and one created by an American Trump supporter?

The Russian meme is spelled correctly.
(10-23-2018, 10:43 AM)Valuesize Wrote: How can you tell the difference between a Russia troll farm meme and one created by an American Trump supporter?

I clicked on this thread because it's NOT about Trump, and... Sad
(10-23-2018, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 10:43 AM)Valuesize Wrote: How can you tell the difference between a Russia troll farm meme and one created by an American Trump supporter?

Opps
(10-23-2018, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have that thought in this forum ALL the time. Sad