Shopping on Thanksgiving
(11-23-2012, 11:26 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Toshiba makes most of their TV's with everything you could need.

[Image: toshiba46sv670urearconnect-600.jpg]

That's what I'm looking for, but I don't find that on the 40" models less than $300
Like this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+40...&cp=1&lp=1
(11-23-2012, 02:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Like this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+40...&cp=1&lp=1

Such a tease

Quote:Find it at a Best Buy store
In Store Only
I called they don't have anymore...

The other one
New! Insignia - 39" Class (38-1/2" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV

is
Sale: $249.99
Reg. Price: $399.99
You Save:$150.00

$69.99 Home Network Setup: Find Out How
Free Shipping
6-Month Financing

Sold Out on line

How can something be sold out online.
(11-23-2012, 03:23 PM)chuck white Wrote: How can something be sold out online.

I'd guess that the warehouse is out of stock, but individual stores may still have some.
I hear Costco sells their demos really cheap all the time, you might call them.
Do you really want a new TV that's already been "on" for 10+ hours a day and 3,000,000 snotty people have rubbed their germs on it? Smiling
(11-23-2012, 06:56 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Do you really want a new TV that's already been "on" for 10+ hours a day and 3,000,000 snotty people have rubbed their germs on it? Smiling

Depends on the cost, besides don't new ones have 3.000,000 Chinese germs?
LEDs do get dimmer over time, about half their brightness in one to two years.
(11-23-2012, 07:21 PM)chuck white Wrote: LEDs do get dimmer over time, about half their brightness in one to two years.

All LED's??

My TV is is almost 5 years old. We just got new receivers so last month was the first time I ever saw it work in HD.
Before that I was thinking it's life was starting to fade. But now with HD it's crystal freaking clear.

What about all these LED brake lights or even traffic signals? are you saying they will all only be half as bright in 2 years?? That's a hard one to believe CW
The EPA reports that between Thanksgiving and New Years Day, families increase their household waste by 25% and add an extra million tons of waste per week to landfills. Gift wrap and shopping bags add four million tons of waste annually, much of which is produced and discarded in the coming months.
(11-23-2012, 07:21 PM)chuck white Wrote: LEDs do get dimmer over time, about half their brightness in one to two years.

I've heard that said about LCDs, but not LEDs.
And I'd never own a Plasma! You can get those pretty cheap now.
(11-23-2012, 07:31 PM)Clone Wrote: The EPA reports that between Thanksgiving and New Years Day, families increase their household waste by 25% and add an extra million tons of waste per week to landfills. Gift wrap and shopping bags add four million tons of waste annually, much of which is produced and discarded in the coming months.

Thank goodness garbage collection creates good, family wage jobs. Smiling
(11-23-2012, 07:31 PM)Clone Wrote: The EPA reports that between Thanksgiving and New Years Day, families increase their household waste by 25% and add an extra million tons of waste per week to landfills. Gift wrap and shopping bags add four million tons of waste annually, much of which is produced and discarded in the coming months.

That's why I never wrap my gifts.

(Seriously, I'm not too lazy to wrap them...)
(11-23-2012, 07:43 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

What the heck are they supposed to put in landfills if everyone was like you?
(11-23-2012, 08:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What the heck are they supposed to put in landfills if everyone was like you?

I guess all the dead bodies of the children I am killing with my drones in other countries????
We all are, as American citizens.

I never wrapped Santa gifts for my kids. I loved hiding them away and putting them under the tree after they went to bed on Christmas Eve. It was especially eventful when it included large bright things such as bicycles or big wheels. Laughing

But, yeah, wrapping gifts is stupid, really. At large family gatherings I've seen a literal pile of gift wrap and ribbons...then you have to carefully go through it in case a treasure is misplaced in there.
(11-23-2012, 08:16 PM)Clone Wrote:

I never wrapped Santa gifts for my kids. I loved hiding them away and putting them under the tree after they went to bed on Christmas Eve. It was especially eventful when it included large bright things such as bicycles or big wheels. Laughing

But, yeah, wrapping gifts is stupid, really. At large family gatherings I've seen a literal pile of gift wrap and ribbons...then you have to carefully go through it in case a treasure is misplaced in there.

Exactly!Smiling
...and then of course when they were wee ones, they got distracted by the wrapping, ribbons and boxes...not noticing the nice toy that was wrapped in them. LOL!
My mother has sewn a number of cloth bags that she uses to wrap the presents. If we really like a bag, we keep it, otherwise she uses them all again the next year.