DOT's New Plan for 'Green' Drivers.
(11-13-2012, 08:33 PM)csrowan Wrote: Wait a minute. Hybrids that get 55mpg are already paying gas tax. This is regressive on hybrid owners. Regular cars and electric cars only get taxed once under this plan. Hybrids get taxed twice.

I believe the plan is sell them gas without the tax.

But hey to be fair, we all should pay both the gas tax and the mileage tax.

I better write a letter to my representative.
(11-13-2012, 08:33 PM)csrowan Wrote: Wait a minute. Hybrids that get 55mpg are already paying gas tax. This is regressive on hybrid owners. Regular cars and electric cars only get taxed once under this plan. Hybrids get taxed twice.

Do hybrids get over 55 mpg?
I was thinking this could be especially rewarding for those who buy conventional cars and convert them to electric. Smiling
(11-13-2012, 08:42 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I was thinking this could be especially rewarding for those who buy conventional cars and convert them to electric. Smiling

I bought one without an engine. I hire out of work Republican pundits to push it around.
(11-13-2012, 08:42 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I was thinking this could be especially rewarding for those who buy conventional cars and convert them to electric. Smiling

As long as they don't tell anyone.

They might install a sound system so it makes a engine sounds, to fool the cops.

(I hope Gil doesn't see this)
(11-13-2012, 08:47 PM)chuck white Wrote: They might install a sound system so it makes a engine sounds, to fool the cops.

(I hope Gil doesn't see this)

Oh no, we especially hope Gil doesn't see this. Laughing
I'm not mentioning my unversal 35 mph idea, to Ponder.
Good. Smiling
I have enjoyed a little setback. But I have a motorhome, with a 454 Chevy V8. And, once I get my welders back from my running wife, and her new sheriff buddy?, the work will proceed. I follow Wayne Keith's website, and just need my tools, to hit the road burning nothing, but wood. I'm gonna battle a tax rebate out of them, for burning hydrogen. They'll fight me. I'll pay the road tax. Hell, I'll be running free.