Attachments
How do you add a PDF attachment to a thread? It is a book that is quite large.
(11-23-2012, 11:27 AM)rainylady Wrote: How do you add a PDF attachment to a thread? It is a book that is quite large.

I think you just copy the link. If you right click on your mouse it might say "email link"
Or on your browser toolbar it might say "email link"
Is the PDF on your computer or on line?

To put in a link, it has to be on line.
You could open up a dropbox account and save it there. Then it would be on line and you could post a link.

To open a dropbox account see the following thread.
http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...t=drop+box

click on the red link "create a dropbox account"
Print it.
Glue it to the screen of our computer.
Hold down ALT, CRTL, F-9, CAP LOCKS, DELETE, and SHIFT all at the same time. Count to 103. Toss salt over your right shoulder. Call 9-1-1.

If that does not work, PM Chuck and tell him you are horny and see if he will come fix the problem. Then hope he does not kill himself while driving 100 MPH getting there.
(11-23-2012, 04:35 PM)Wonky Wrote: Print it.
Hold down ALT, CRTL, F-9, CAP LOCKS, DELETE, and SHIFT all at the same time. Count to 103. Toss salt over your right shoulder. Call 9-1-1.

If that does not work, PM Chuck and tell him you are horny and see if he will come fix the problem. Then hope he does not kill himself while driving 100 MPH getting there.

I tried it. I held down all those keys so I had to try and throw the salt with my mouth and the whole shaker went. That will make it work faster won't it?
The glue is a little hard to get off my screen but fourt, foortoo, luckily I have some acetone somewhere.
(11-23-2012, 06:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I tried it. I held down all those keys so I had to try and throw the salt with my mouth and the whole shaker went. That will make it work faster won't it?
The glue is a little hard to get off my screen but fourt, foortoo, luckily I have some acetone somewhere.

Only one of the many things I admire about you. You are that guy that "Just gets 'er done".
Glad you have some acetone. I drank all mine. And trust me, you want to cut that crap with OJ.

I'm still waiting for the PM
(11-23-2012, 08:42 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Reconsider: I've met Rainlady. It's my guess she would wear you down to about 100 pounds before she was through with you. Laughing
(Please understand this is only an IMPRESSION and I know nothing of the reality of things. I had lunch with her and others, and she was very much the lady)
Geebus!
The woman asks a perfectly sincere question but gets nothing but grief from the Johnny Carson/Ed McMahan wannabes.

Then it gets turned into an estimate of her redeeming or not so redeeming attributes.

Insensitive and uncaring at the least; priggish buffoonery at the worst.

This is in the Community Help Desk section, for crying out loud.
(11-23-2012, 08:57 PM)Clone Wrote: Geebus!
The woman asks a perfectly sincere question but gets nothing but grief from the Johnny Carson/Ed McMahan wannabes.

Then it gets turned into an estimate of her redeeming or not so redeeming attributes.

Insensitive and uncaring at the least; priggish buffoonery at the worst.

This is in the Community Help Desk section, for crying out loud.

I tried my best to answer her question.
(11-23-2012, 08:51 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(11-23-2012, 08:42 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Reconsider: I've met Rainlady. It's my guess she would wear you down to about 100 pounds before she was through with you. Laughing
(Please understand this is only an IMPRESSION and I know nothing of the reality of things. I had lunch with her and others, and she was very much the lady)

I meant from TV_GUY
(11-23-2012, 11:27 AM)rainylady Wrote: How do you add a PDF attachment to a thread? It is a book that is quite large.

Rainy in the case of a large PDF, you don't attach it to the post, you link the post to the site of the PDF by highlighting the address bar or hyperlink of your pDF, copying it, (cntrl C) and then clicking on the link icon (the chain) and pasting (cntrl V) into the given address bar when it drops down. Preview your post to check if it works and then post.
For PDF's, best bet is to upload it to a service like Scribd (http://www.scribd.com/). Once uploaded to a sharing service, you can copy/paste the link here to share it.
(11-24-2012, 12:20 AM)kgasso Wrote: For PDF's, best bet is to upload it to a service like Scribd (http://www.scribd.com/). Once uploaded to a sharing service, you can copy/paste the link here to share it.

Thank You