Pet Peeves
(12-03-2012, 10:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Yeah, for a person with a boat or trailer, the rest of you use that big truck to make up for your lack of social skills. Still, once a year you actually get to haul a refrigerator to your new ladyfriend's house, don't get laid, but feel it was worth a try so you keep the truck to try again.

Laughing

Most of the pet peeves so far have to do with driving. That amuses me because although I dislike driving in general, it is a piece of cake in this part of the world. I drove in NY and SoCal and LEMME TELL YOUZE that was complete aggro. I've learned to be patient here and not be in a hurry. My blood pressure has gone down a bit.

MY PET PEEVE is when I am in a parking lot behind someone who gets the last space close to the store. Since that person is very aged, we both get to the front door at the same time, despite the fact that my car is in Siberia. The older person goes to the same window as I do to pick up a prescription. As I wait behind her, it turns out she does not have insurance and must pay cash. The manager must come to approve something else, mysterious. The line grows behind me. The lady rummages in her purse for a credit card and does request the pharmacist to explain her medications to her. We all wait for the pharmacist to arrive. At that point, another clerk notices the line, which is now snaking out the door and into the Siberia part of the parking lot where my car is. As I rush to the window, sweating in my heavy coat, the little old lady is done and the person behind me gets to that window. I finish up, lickety-split, and get to the exit door just AS THE SAME OLD LADY DOES! I have to wait for her to maneuver herself out the door. After trekking to my car and am leaving the lot, guess who I have to wait behind at the light.
No amount of eggnog with rum can dissipate the acute aggravation which ensues.

There. I feel better now. Neutral
(12-13-2012, 02:15 PM)TennisMom Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 10:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Yeah, for a person with a boat or trailer, the rest of you use that big truck to make up for your lack of social skills. Still, once a year you actually get to haul a refrigerator to your new ladyfriend's house, don't get laid, but feel it was worth a try so you keep the truck to try again.

Laughing

Most of the pet peeves so far have to do with driving. That amuses me because although I dislike driving in general, it is a piece of cake in this part of the world. I drove in NY and SoCal and LEMME TELL YOUZE that was complete aggro. I've learned to be patient here and not be in a hurry. My blood pressure has gone down a bit.

MY PET PEEVE is when I am in a parking lot behind someone who gets the last space close to the store. Since that person is very aged, we both get to the front door at the same time, despite the fact that my car is in Siberia. The older person goes to the same window as I do to pick up a prescription. As I wait behind her, it turns out she does not have insurance and must pay cash. The manager must come to approve something else, mysterious. The line grows behind me. The lady rummages in her purse for a credit card and does request the pharmacist to explain her medications to her. We all wait for the pharmacist to arrive. At that point, another clerk notices the line, which is now snaking out the door and into the Siberia part of the parking lot where my car is. As I rush to the window, sweating in my heavy coat, the little old lady is done and the person behind me gets to that window. I finish up, lickety-split, and get to the exit door just AS THE SAME OLD LADY DOES! I have to wait for her to maneuver herself out the door. After trekking to my car and am leaving the lot, guess who I have to wait behind at the light.

That was a good story, I can see it happeningBig Grin
(12-13-2012, 02:15 PM)TennisMom Wrote:

Laughing

I have to agree with you but then I also have to remember that might be me some day. I doubt it but you never know.
I do think about that, SnowyL. Someday that will be me and I should have more patience. If I had been second or third in line behind her, it might not have been so irritating. She beat me to the head of the line by a nano-second, though, which is why I was aggravated.
My latest pet peeve.  I use Facebook. I have a FB messenger app on my phone that is the one I use for texting to others.  What really bothers me is when FB 'friends', people who aren't really my friends, use the messenger app to send chain letters, chain prayers, or propaganda.  I end up unfriending those people.  Someone who is a 'friend' on FB used it last week to send some propaganda about soldiers on Memorial Day. I politely posted back that I like my messenger to be for messaging and not chain stuff like this. He was quite offended.  Another person unfriended.  If you want to send me propaganda, just tag me in it, don't message it to me.  I mean, don't tag me either, but really, really don't message me with it.  Blink
(06-06-2019, 09:27 AM)Juniper Wrote: My latest pet peeve.  I use Facebook. I have a FB messenger app on my phone that is the one I use for texting to others.  What really bothers me is when FB 'friends', people who aren't really my friends, use the messenger app to send chain letters, chain prayers, or propaganda.  I end up unfriending those people.  Someone who is a 'friend' on FB used it last week to send some propaganda about soldiers on Memorial Day. I politely posted back that I like my messenger to be for messaging and not chain stuff like this. He was quite offended.  Another person unfriended.  If you want to send me propaganda, just tag me in it, don't message it to me.  I mean, don't tag me either, but really, really don't message me with it.  Blink

Absolutely agree 100%! ?
(06-06-2019, 09:27 AM)Juniper Wrote: My latest pet peeve.  I use Facebook. I have a FB messenger app on my phone that is the one I use for texting to others.  What really bothers me is when FB 'friends', people who aren't really my friends, use the messenger app to send chain letters, chain prayers, or propaganda.  I end up unfriending those people.  Someone who is a 'friend' on FB used it last week to send some propaganda about soldiers on Memorial Day. I politely posted back that I like my messenger to be for messaging and not chain stuff like this. He was quite offended.  Another person unfriended.  If you want to send me propaganda, just tag me in it, don't message it to me.  I mean, don't tag me either, but really, really don't message me with it.  Blink

Ditch facebook, problem solved Razz Wink

I happily enjoy life with zero social media accounts.
(06-06-2019, 09:43 AM)GPnative Wrote:

It would be problem solved, except I like social media and use it a lot. Especially after this place died.
(06-06-2019, 10:01 AM)Juniper Wrote:

It would be problem solved, except I like social media and use it a lot. Especially after this place died.

We're dead??   Blink 

Seems like I'm always the last to know!   Mad Laughing
(06-06-2019, 10:17 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

We're dead??   Blink 

Well, much as I enjoy your company, this place is a bit on the slow side for conversation and debate. Smiling

OK why do you nee the FB messenger app? What good does it do? The reason I ask is FB has been hounding me forever to use there fucking app. IMO the less apps the better. My friends message me and also anyone can message me. No one has ever sent me a chain letter.
Also do you have to UN friend these people? Can't you just unfollow?

OK and so what? That's like saying you enjoy life without owning a boat to someone who does.
(06-06-2019, 10:48 AM)Juniper Wrote:

We're dead??   Blink 

Well, much as I enjoy your company, this place is a bit on the slow side for conversation and debate. Smiling

A bit? Laughing Laughing  Most days I'm here like 2 minutes if that.
(06-06-2019, 11:13 AM)tvguy Wrote:

OK and so what? That's like saying you enjoy life without owning a boat to someone who does.

That's a bit of a stretch, I've never been on a boat that sends chain letters, prayers and propaganda.
(06-06-2019, 11:23 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 11:13 AM)tvguy Wrote:

That's a bit of a stretch, I've never been on a boat that sends chain letters, prayers and propaganda.
It simply means that people enjoy different things and dislike different things.

I don't get chain letters on FB or prayers. There is propaganda people post on different groups but unless some "friend" posts it I ignore it. Most of the time when one of my "friends" posts something that is not true I tell them so.
Some of them don't like that at all. Too bad for them.
Anyway I have two nephews in Columbus Ohio My wife and I actually raised for a time. A son in North Carolina and a son I Washington state. I enjoy seeing their posts and photos they post.
There are people from this forum I'm friends with and I like to see their posts. I've also started to have good luck selling and buying off of FB for sale groups.

FB is pretty much what you make of it and is not much different than this Forum was when there were a lot or people posting about a lot of things.

We're dead??   Blink 

Perhaps you're right. Most days though it about satisfies my needs for social interaction. Different strokes I guess.
(06-06-2019, 12:04 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 09:43 AM)GPnative Wrote: Ditch facebook, problem solved Razz Wink

We're dead??   Blink 

Perhaps you're right. Most days though it about satisfies my needs for social interaction. Different strokes I guess.

Most days though it about satisfies my needs for social interaction

OK then I guess 5 minutes is all you need. Or less. Some days there is nothing here whatsoever. Except SFL and that's nothing as far as I'm concerned.

(06-06-2019, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 10:01 AM)Juniper Wrote: It would be problem solved, except I like social media and use it a lot. Especially after this place died.

We're dead??   Blink 

OK then I guess 5 minutes is all you need. Or less. Some days there is nothing here whatsoever. Except SFL and that's nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I've loved the internet for years.  I use it for a lot of different things. It's such a great tool for learning and expanding knowledge and understanding. The social aspect is a big piece of it too.  And now more than ever since I rarely get out or even see people, so, for me, yes, it's a form of social interaction. But I don't understand AT ALL, why people I only know tangentially are using it to convey chain mails.  Why not just tag me?  The result will be the same, but I'll be slightly less annoyed.. I'll unfriend you.
(06-06-2019, 02:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 10:17 AM)Cuzz Wrote: We're dead??   Blink 

Well, I've loved the internet for years.  I use it for a lot of different things. It's such a great tool for learning and expanding knowledge and understanding. The social aspect is a big piece of it too.  And now more than ever since I rarely get out or even see people, so, for me, yes, it's a form of social interaction. But I don't understand AT ALL, why people I only know tangentially are using it to convey chain mails.  Why not just tag me?  The result will be the same, but I'll be slightly less annoyed.. I'll unfriend you.

I responded to your earlier post. I think maybe it git buried and you missed it?

Again.....
OK why do you nee the FB messenger app? What good does it do? The reason I ask is FB has been hounding me forever to use there fucking app. IMO the less apps the better. My friends message me and also anyone can message me. No one has ever sent me a chain letter.
(06-06-2019, 03:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 02:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 10:48 AM)Juniper Wrote: Well, much as I enjoy your company, this place is a bit on the slow side for conversation and debate. Smiling

I responded to your earlier post. I think maybe it git buried and you missed it?

Again.....
I don't think I need it per se, but it doesn't matter, if I have it or not, even if I only had FB on my computer and not on my phone, I still don't need to see chain crap in my messenger box.