Pet Peeves
Have we done this here before?

Here is a partial list of mine:

Bicycle riders that don't use the available bike lane.

Crosswalk laws, (peds should have to wait until it is safe or find a crossing with a light).

Bicycle riders that use winding rural roads with no shoulders.

Text messages, (texting should only be used when a phone call is impractical).

Bicycle riders that travel two-abreast

Little squares of toilet paper that many public rest rooms have

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

People that ride bicycles
People that chew their gum like a cow chewing their cud,

People snapping their gum.

People talking during a movie at a theater

People that speed through the school zones

people that let their dog crap in my front yard

slurping when eating

eating with your mouth open

people that leave empty toilet paper rolls on the holder (when there is more toilet paper in the cabinet above the toilet)

When people are at the standing at the check out counter at the grocery store and then have to search for 5 minutes for their card (like they didn't know they had to pay when the belt was full)

When people let their kids run around the grocery store

When people let their kids scream (I am not talking about once in a while, I am taking about the high pitched scream that hurts the neck) in the grocery store, over and over.

And people that steal

And people that blame others for their problems all the time

joggers that run on the street when there is a path or a sidewalk right there beside them.

People that litter

bicyclist that think the rules of the road do not apply to them
Stupidity and self centred, uncaring people vested only in themselves.
Truck drivers that try to pass another truck going up a hill, blocking both lanes for miles.

Truck drivers that won't use the left shoulder going up hill and are only doing 35.

Truck drivers who pee in a bottle and throw it out the window.
People who bring their dogs into grocery stores and claim they are service animals.

If this continues I'm going to bring in my service rooster.
(11-24-2012, 09:30 AM)chuck white Wrote: People who bring their dogs into grocery stores and claim they are service animals.

If this continues I'm going to bring in my service rooster.

While I've heard of people being serviced by a rooster I'm not sure a grocery store is the appropriate place for this to happen.
(11-24-2012, 07:09 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Have we done this here before?

Crosswalk laws, (peds should have to wait until it is safe or find a crossing with a light).

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

Uh-oh...you aren't really Dr. Dempsey are you???? Wink
I have a similar list about bicycles, it got me off jury duty once in a case involving a bicycle crash.
(11-24-2012, 09:50 AM)broadzilla Wrote:

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

Uh-oh...you aren't really Dr. Dempsey are you???? Wink

Not too sure who that is. Is he in prison for smacking a bike rider with his door?

I would echo blondemom's thing about waiting until the cashier tells you what you owe before you start fishing around for your wallet or credit card.

I even echo chuck's thing about truckers passing each other, except I don't expect them to use the LEFT shoulder to do so.

I would add these fine folks:

People that merge onto the freeway without looking or trying to fit into an opening.

Those same people then having a fit when you do not or can not move over for them.

After recognizing those idiots, and slowing down to allow them to merge, they check their mirror at the last second, and then slam on their brakes even though they are now far enough ahead to merge safely.
Woops, I meant the right shoulder.
I'm sick this morning and not thinking straight.
Pet Peeves?
I don't get the Pet part.
Peeves? I'm not bothered by peeves. I'm bothered by hostile people who are dangerous and have so many ways of inflicting pain and suffering.

Peeves I can handle.
Dangerous hostel people need to be taught to only do things that peeve us. Frontal lobotomies might be an option.

Is this kind of post one of your "pet peeves"? Deal with it. Better than someone pointing a large caliber handgun at your face just starting to pull the trigger.

PS: If we go over this "fiscal cliff" it will be more than a pet peeve.

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

Ah! You are one of those! One of those: Bicylist don't have the same rights to roads as vehicles. I see.

I agree with the Harley complaint and others though I like texting. It's so much easier to just say "K" when someone sends you a text to remind you to pick up milk, instead of two minutes of senseless talk.
I believe Spandex has something to do with the cyclists.

It's as though a chemical change happens in their brain as soon as they don those spandex pants, neon windbreaker and the helmet with the rear-view mirror.

It's akin to Superman changing in the phone booth...they somehow think they become Super Cyclist and try to take over the road.

Watch out for the groups on Sundays, especially.

They find strength in numbers.
Bicycle riders and old people should have to drive on their own set of roads at the same time, narrow, two lane roads with lines half the normal width. The rest of us get the normal roads.
(12-01-2012, 11:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

Ah! You are one of those! One of those: Bicylist don't have the same rights to roads as vehicles. I see.

I agree with the Harley complaint and others though I like texting. It's so much easier to just say "K" when someone sends you a text to remind you to pick up milk, instead of two minutes of senseless talk.

I was being somewhat rhetorical with the bicycle stuff. However, I have a big problem with bike riders that create unnecessarily dangerous situations. Three of the above scenarios do just that.

Picture this: You are driving out in the middle of nowhere... a winding mountain road. You come around a corner and right in front of you is a bicycle rider right in the road. No shoulder. Nowhere safe to ride. Add in an oncoming truck and someone is going to get hurt.

Does the bicyclist have the right to be there? Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that it is an unnecessarily dangerous situation. There are plenty of places to ride for pleasure. Pick a safe one... or at least one that the only danger is to yourself.
1. Idiots
2. See item one
People who drive with their fog lights on all the time.
When somebody contaminates the jelly with peanut butter.
When I put four sharpened pencils in the cup on the desk in the staff office and they all disappear within 24 hours.
When my cat throws up on the only important piece of paper on the table.
When my other cat's been sleeping on the keys I've spent the last twenty minutes searching for.
(12-02-2012, 05:35 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 11:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

I was being somewhat rhetorical with the bicycle stuff. However, I have a big problem with bike riders that create unnecessarily dangerous situations. Three of the above scenarios do just that.

Picture this: You are driving out in the middle of nowhere... a winding mountain road. You come around a corner and right in front of you is a bicycle rider right in the road. No shoulder. Nowhere safe to ride. Add in an oncoming truck and someone is going to get hurt.

Does the bicyclist have the right to be there? Sure. But that doesn't change the fact that it is an unnecessarily dangerous situation. There are plenty of places to ride for pleasure. Pick a safe one... or at least one that the only danger is to yourself.

or at least one that the only danger is to yourself.

When some bicycle rider is is on some mountain road how is that danger to anyone other than himself?

This is not toward you GCG.
One of My pet peeves is automobile drivers who get bent out of shape because they have to slow down for a bike rider.
OR that pass a bike rider too closely with out the common sense or decency to give them a wide berth.
Or people who complain because they run stop signs, who cares?

(12-02-2012, 05:35 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Bicycle riders that travel two-abreast

You normally can't safely pass a SINGLE biker if there is traffic in the oncoming lane anyway. The law says that you must pass clearing them by 6 ft. So you have to wait until the oncoming lane lane is clear anyway and then pass even if it's only one rider.

Unless you mean when there is a bike lane, then i assume they are required to use it.

Bicycle riders

Harleys with loud pipes

WOW GCG, I had not read this when I posted. Bike riders are a pet peeve? People that ride bicycles? sheesh, that's like saying people who drive cars or trucks are a pet peeve.
Well, people who drive hummers around town or giant pickup trucks with no load in the bed are a pet peeve of mine.