Pet Peeves
(12-03-2012, 01:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You must spend a lot of time in public toilets. Smiling

No, but they are almost all so equipped these days. Every grocery store and restaurant
seems to have fallen for this under the idea that it saves them money.
(12-03-2012, 01:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 01:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You must spend a lot of time in public toilets. Smiling

No, but they are almost all so equipped these days. Every grocery store and restaurant

I would think it does. Besides I'm glad the toilets are flushed when I arrive. But yeah the auto paper towel things are annoying.
(12-03-2012, 06:51 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Car doors that lock themselves. If I want to lock the door, I will do it myself, tyvm.

I never heard of that, it's nuts
Public restrooms (especially in restaurants!) that don't have ass gaskets! Mad Gross! Thumbs Down
I never knew the technical term for those Big Grin
What diseases do those toilet seats carry?
(12-03-2012, 02:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote: What diseases do those toilet seats carry?

All I can think of are cooties.
(12-03-2012, 06:51 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Car doors that lock themselves. If I want to lock the door, I will do it myself, tyvm.
The doors on my car lock automatically. When I first drove the car and it locked on me I admit I had a bit of a Christine moment.
(12-03-2012, 03:24 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
The doors on my car lock automatically. When I first drove the car and it locked on me I admit I had a bit of a Christine moment.

What kind of cars are these?? Will it lock the door if a key is in the ignition?
I have mine set up to lock the doors when I shift out of park and unlock the driver's door when I take turn the engine off. If you read the manual, there's probably a way to program it. That's what I did with mine.

Though I did have a female passenger once tell me that I should inform people ahead of time that the doors will lock, so as to not to give the impression that I may be sinisterly locking them in the car.
(12-03-2012, 03:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: I have mine set up to lock the doors when I shift out of park and unlock the driver's door when I take turn the engine off.
So you you won't get car Jacked? In Ashland? Nobody wants your green Subaru wagonLaughing

So what if you get in a wreck, you are unconsciousness and no one call pull you out of your burning car because the key is on ?Razz

(12-03-2012, 03:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: If you read the manual, there's probably a way to program it. That's what I did with mine.
I bet you are right, I was thinking the same thing. I had a 97 Volvo and with out the owners manual and specific instructions you could never figure out how to open the trunk.
(12-03-2012, 03:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 02:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote: What diseases do those toilet seats carry?

All I can think of are cooties.

Just say no to other people's butt cooties!
(12-03-2012, 03:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 03:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: I have mine set up to lock the doors when I shift out of park and unlock the driver's door when I take turn the engine off.
So you you won't get car Jacked? In Ashland? Nobody wants your green Subaru wagonLaughing

So what if you get in a wreck, you are unconsciousness and no one call pull you out of your burning car because the key is on ?Razz

(12-03-2012, 03:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: If you read the manual, there's probably a way to program it. That's what I did with mine.
I bet you are right, I was thinking the same thing. I had a 97 Volvo and with out the owners manual and specific instructions you could never figure out how to open the trunk.
Thanks! Looked it up in the manual.
(12-03-2012, 01:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 01:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

I would think it does. Besides I'm glad the toilets are flushed when I arrive. But yeah the auto paper towel things are annoying.

We have those at work. I usually wave my hand before I wash them so that I don't get water running down my arms.

(12-03-2012, 03:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 03:24 PM)Crazylace Wrote:

What kind of cars are these?? Will it lock the door if a key is in the ignition?

My 2002 Dakota does this. Once you reach about 5 or 10 miles an hour, all doors lock automatically.
I don't have a pet peeve.

Please send donations to:

Wonky
Main St. Bridge over Bear Creek
Western end, cardboard on left
Medford, OR 97504

(Cash only please. Last time, TVg sent S&H Green Stamps. But, better than the WW2 ration card Clete sent, and not quite as good as the French post cards Ponder sent)

PS: Please be generous. I want to buy a really good pet peeve.
(12-03-2012, 03:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: I have mine set up to lock the doors when I shift out of park and unlock the driver's door when I take turn the engine off. If you read the manual, there's probably a way to program it. That's what I did with mine.

Though I did have a female passenger once tell me that I should inform people ahead of time that the doors will lock, so as to not to give the impression that I may be sinisterly locking them in the car.

I checked the manual months ago. There is a way to change the setting by using the remote... but it didn't work for me. I am certain that I followed the directions correctly. I might try it again though.

BTW, I want mine to remain unlocked unless I lock them. THAT should be the default setting.
I may get a dog.
I'll name him/her "Peeve".
I was thinking of something similar to that myself.

[Image: t01.jpg]
(12-03-2012, 07:37 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I was thinking of something similar to that myself.

[Image: t01.jpg]

I hope that is only a strange kind of humor. Otherwise, sick.
(12-03-2012, 07:20 PM)Wonky Wrote: I may get a dog.
I'll name him/her "Peeve".

Until it bumps your leg, then it's Perve.