Pet Peeves
(12-03-2012, 07:20 PM)Wonky Wrote: I may get a dog.
I'll name him/her "Peeve".

Until it humps your leg, then it's Perve.
(12-03-2012, 07:40 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 07:37 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I was thinking of something similar to that myself.

[Image: t01.jpg]

I hope that is only a strange kind of humor. Otherwise, sick.

You don't like my pet peeve?
WE used to go down by the river and shoot feral peeves. They tear up the banks and such.
They are an invasive species, nasty bastards. I think they came here in the 80's on cargo ships from Peevestonia.
(12-03-2012, 07:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: WE used to go down by the river and shoot feral peeves. They tear up the banks and such.
They are an invasive species, nasty bastards. I think they came here in the 80's on cargo ships from Peevestonia.

So you never tried to just pet peeves?
(12-03-2012, 02:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote: What diseases do those toilet seats carry?

You can get pregnant on a toilet seat.

(but a soft bed is more comfortable)
(12-02-2012, 03:02 PM)csrowan Wrote: Well, people who drive hummers around town or giant pickup trucks with no load in the bed are a pet peeve of mine.

Some people only want to have one vehicle. Why pay double insurance, double upkeep and maintenance? Now, if ONE of their needs requires power, the one vehicle they need to own might be a full size truck. Would you agree?
(12-03-2012, 09:03 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 02:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote: What diseases do those toilet seats carry?

You can get pregnant on a toilet seat.

(but a soft bed is more comfortable)

If I become pregnant it will be quite a miracle. Smiling
(12-03-2012, 09:17 PM)Larry Wrote:
(12-02-2012, 03:02 PM)csrowan Wrote: Well, people who drive hummers around town or giant pickup trucks with no load in the bed are a pet peeve of mine.

Some people only want to have one vehicle. Why pay double insurance, double upkeep and maintenance? Now, if ONE of their needs requires power, the one vehicle they need to own might be a full size truck. Would you agree?

Good point Larry, At one time I wanted to get rid of everything and only drive one nice pickup.But It all depends on lots of things. I need a truck but not often. I need a rice burner...OFTEN. And my minivan I must admit, not too often but it is handy

But as far as double the insurance? That not the way the rates work. We insure 5 cars and I think it's $120 a month.

One huge drawback is the cost to get new stickers every two years.

Yeah, for a person with a boat or trailer, the rest of you use that big truck to make up for your lack of social skills. Still, once a year you actually get to haul a refrigerator to your new ladyfriend's house, don't get laid, but feel it was worth a try so you keep the truck to try again.
What's the difference in "upkeep" and "maintenance"?
(12-03-2012, 10:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: What's the difference in "upkeep" and "maintenance"?

5 letters
up·keep [uhp-keep]
noun

1. the process or activity of providing an establishment, machine, person, etc., with necessary or proper maintenance, repairs, support, or the like: The machine's faulty operation shows that no one has attended to its upkeep.
2. the total sum of the costs or expenses for this.

main·te·nance [meyn-tuh-nuh?ns]
noun

1. the act of maintaining.
2. the state of being maintained: the maintenance of friendly relations with England.
3. care or upkeep, as of machinery or property: With proper maintenance the car will last for many years.
4. means of upkeep, support, or subsistence; livelihood: to provide a comfortable maintenance.
5. alimony or child support.

main·tain [meyn-teyn]
verb (used with object)

1. to keep in existence or continuance; preserve; retain: to maintain good relations with neighboring countries.
2. to keep in an appropriate condition, operation, or force; keep unimpaired: to maintain order; to maintain public highways.
3. to keep in a specified state, position, etc.: to maintain a correct posture; to maintain good health.
4. to affirm; assert; declare: He maintained that the country was going downhill.
5. to support in speech or argument, as a statement or proposition.

So, to answer, not much.
(12-03-2012, 10:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Yeah, for a person with a boat or trailer, the rest of you use that big truck to make up for your lack of social skills. Still, once a year you actually get to haul a refrigerator to your new ladyfriend's house, don't get laid, but feel it was worth a try so you keep the truck to try again.
Tia got a new icebox?
(12-03-2012, 10:36 PM)csrowan Wrote: up·keep [uhp-keep]
noun

1. the process or activity of providing an establishment, machine, person, etc., with necessary or proper maintenance, repairs, support, or the like: The machine's faulty operation shows that no one has attended to its upkeep.
2. the total sum of the costs or expenses for this.

main·te·nance [meyn-tuh-nuh?ns]
noun

1. the act of maintaining.
2. the state of being maintained: the maintenance of friendly relations with England.
3. care or upkeep, as of machinery or property: With proper maintenance the car will last for many years.
4. means of upkeep, support, or subsistence; livelihood: to provide a comfortable maintenance.
5. alimony or child support.

main·tain [meyn-teyn]
verb (used with object)

1. to keep in existence or continuance; preserve; retain: to maintain good relations with neighboring countries.
2. to keep in an appropriate condition, operation, or force; keep unimpaired: to maintain order; to maintain public highways.
3. to keep in a specified state, position, etc.: to maintain a correct posture; to maintain good health.
4. to affirm; assert; declare: He maintained that the country was going downhill.
5. to support in speech or argument, as a statement or proposition.

So, to answer, not much.

I thought I covered that in my post right before yours. 5 letters
That things like kim kardashian, grieving her dead cat, are all o ver the headlines.
Why? Does anyone really care? What does this woman do, anyway?

Why is the national news just like the national Enquirer anymore? And what do they (tabloids) do for news now?
Turning on the morning news/talk shows and having to hear/see Kate Middleton.
What she does, who she sees, what she wears, her hair style, the wedding, the pregnancy... I. Don't. Care. Dry
Who's Kate Middleton and Kim Kardashian?
Never heard of them.
(12-09-2012, 09:22 AM)chuck white Wrote: Who's Kate Middleton and Kim Kardashian?
Never heard of them.

I know who Kim Kardashian is and I still don't know why.
I hate it when that happens.
exactly!
(12-09-2012, 09:19 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Turning on the morning news/talk shows and having to hear/see Kate Middleton.
What she does, who she sees, what she wears, her hair style, the wedding, the pregnancy... I. Don't. Care. Dry

LaughingLaughing