How Corporate CEO's Want To Tackle The Budget
"They are making the case that the only way to cut the deficit is to severely scale back social safety-net programs -- Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security -- which would disproportionately impact the poor and the elderly.

Yet the CEOs are not offering to forgo federal money or pay a higher tax rate, on their personal income or corporate profits. Instead, council recommendations include cutting "entitlement" programs, as well as what they call "low-priority spending.

Part of what makes the lobbying blitz around the fiscal cliff so complex for CEOs on the Fiscal Leadership Council is that many of them need more than just low tax rates. They also need Congress and the White House to maintain current defense spending levels so they can continue winning enormous contracts.

In 2011, $40 billion of taxpayer money was divided among just nine CFD member companies, led by defense giant Boeing, which raked in $22 billion in federal contracts alone, more than the other eight companies combined. For his efforts as CEO, Boeing's Jim McNerney took home nearly $23 million in compensation last year.

But even as McNerney lends his name to the deficit commission, his company has quietly begun laying off U.S. workers ahead of defense cuts that are expected to be part of a deficit reduction deal. The company denies that federal spending has anything to do with the job cuts, but defense industry analysts aren't convinced.

At least one faction of Boeing's workforce is thriving: Boeing lobbyists in Washington have made $12 million since January fighting proposed cuts to defense and aerospace projects. "

Entire article............. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/25...85585.html
This has been pushed by Bill Clinton and very wealthy Wall Streeter Pete Peterson for a few years now. Of course Rachel would never tell you that, huh clete?
That this country is being run for the benefit of corporations, and not us? That's pretty much common knowledge.
(11-25-2012, 11:10 AM)PonderThis Wrote: That this country is being run for the benefit of corporations, and not us? That's pretty much common knowledge.

Well it doesn't seem to be common knowledge among the more common.
I started to qualify that statement, and then thought better of it. Smiling

I guess I'm just hoping it becomes common knowledge, so we can do something about it.
(11-25-2012, 11:30 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I started to qualify that statement, and then thought better of it. Smiling

I guess I'm just hoping it becomes common knowledge, so we can do something about it.

Well there would go the Republican support.

As my brother told me. "To vote Republican you have to be very very rich or very very stupid."
(11-25-2012, 10:38 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: This has been pushed by Bill Clinton and very wealthy Wall Streeter Pete Peterson for a few years now. Of course Rachel would never tell you that, huh clete?

I will forward this to her and see.
(11-25-2012, 11:38 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-25-2012, 11:30 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I started to qualify that statement, and then thought better of it. Smiling

Well there would go the Republican support.

As my brother told me. "To vote Republican you have to be very very rich or very very stupid."

Republicans are increasingly becoming irrelevant. Democrats maybe too. Smiling