How the U.S. planned to blow up the MOON with a nuclear bomb
Things that make you go hmmm: Smiling http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ealed.html

[Image: article-2238242-16355F81000005DC-263_634x370.jpg]
Plot: The U.S. was planning to launch an atomic bomb, like Fat Man, pictured above, that would be launched into space in a scrapped plan to blow up the moon

Excerpt: "It may sound like a plot straight out of a science fiction novel, but a U.S. mission to blow up the moon with a nuke was very real in the 1950s.

At the height of the space race, the U.S. considered detonating an atom bomb on the moon as a display of America's Cold War muscle.

The secret project, innocuously titled 'A Study of Lunar Research Flights' and nicknamed 'Project A119,' was never carried out.

However, its planning included calculations by astronomer Carl Sagan, then a young graduate student, of the behavior of dust and gas generated by the blast.

Viewing the nuclear flash from Earth might have intimidated the Soviet Union and boosted U.S. confidence after the launch of Sputnik, physicist Leonard Reiffel told the AP in a 2000 interview.

Reiffel, now 85, directed the inquiry at the former Armour Research Foundation, now part of the Illinois Institute of Technology. He later served as a deputy director at NASA.

The author of one of Sagan's biographies suggested that he may have committed a security breach in 1959 after revealing the classified project in an academic fellowship application. Reiffel concurred.

Under the scenario, a missile carrying a small nuclear device was to be launched from an undisclosed location and travel 238,000 miles to the moon, where it would be detonated upon impact.

The planners decided it would have to be an atom bomb because a hydrogen bomb would have been too heavy for the missile.

Reiffel said the nation’s young space program probably could have carried out the mission by 1959, when the Air Force deployed inter-continental ballistic missiles.

Military officials apparently abandoned the idea because of the danger to people on Earth in case the mission failed.

The scientists also registered concerns about contaminating the moon with radioactive material, Reiffel said.

When contacted by the AP, the U.S. Air Force declined to comment on the project."
Makes you wonder what the plans are these days eh?
Seems to me a little more like making an explosion on the moon. Blowing it up implies that it would be nothing but asteroids (or meteors, whichever).
I wondered that same thing, but it was an excerpt from the original title.
I remember when they justified spending money on the nuke program to enhance delivery systems. I proposed at that time that we put all our atomic bombs on the moon and if the Russians fucked with us we detonated them and sent the moon spiriting down on Moscow.
People would say that was crazy, it would kill us too.
I pointed out that if we sent the bombs directly to Russia, it would kill us too, only about a month later and we would all suffer in the mean time.
(11-26-2012, 10:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: [Image: article-2238242-16355F81000005DC-263_634x370.jpg]

I want me one of those!
(11-26-2012, 08:35 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 10:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: [Image: article-2238242-16355F81000005DC-263_634x370.jpg]

I want me one of those!

It looks like something out of a Buster Crabb Flash Gordon flick.
Dr. Strangelove
Actually, upon further research, that looks exactly like the photo of Fat Man, the bomb dropped on Nagasaki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man

EDIT: Actually looked at the article. The caption of the photo said "Plot: The U.S. was planning to launch an atomic bomb, like Fat Man, pictured above, that would be launched into space in a scrapped plan to blow up the moon"

My bad.
(11-26-2012, 10:19 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Makes you wonder what the plans are these days eh?

It sometimes seems as though 'they' want to do stuff just because they can.
Hey! Let's bomb the moon!
I'm glad someone stopped the plan.
(11-26-2012, 09:54 PM)Clone Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 10:19 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Makes you wonder what the plans are these days eh?

It sometimes seems as though 'they' want to do stuff just because they can.
Hey! Let's bomb the moon!
I'm glad someone stopped the plan.

Can you imagine what plans they didn't stop?

DARPA
No shit.
I keep reading about this huge water maker moving in on Wednesday with more fronts behind it and just heppened to notice 6 or 8 chemtrails going across the sky this afternoon.

I know, I know, they mean nothing. Confused
I been contemplating chem-trails for awhile.
My best guess is that they are related to the HARPP transmitter.
Because of the Barium Oxide content in the aerial spray, the lines become high impedance conductors and act like big antenna arrays.
The antenna array is modulated by the energy in the HARPP transmitter.

For what purpose?
They are using this global size antenna to broadcast into space.
So far I have decipher only a small portion of the message being broadcasted.

....."Help, I'm stuck on a planet with a bunch of turkeys, have taken over, send in the meat extractors.
(11-26-2012, 10:24 PM)chuck white Wrote: I been contemplating chem-trails for awhile.
Because of the Barium Oxide content in the aerial spray, the lines become high impedance conductors and act like big antenna arrays.

For what purpose?

....."Help, I'm stuck on a planet with a bunch of turkeys, have taken over, send in the meat extractors.

I think you're headed in the correct direction, Mr. White.
Keep up the good work!
(11-26-2012, 10:24 PM)chuck white Wrote: I been contemplating chem-trails for awhile.

I think they are a feeble attempt to slow the global warming. Big Grin
(11-26-2012, 10:37 PM)Clone Wrote:

For what purpose?

I think you're headed in the correct direction, Mr. White.

Keep up the good work!

I've have come up with a plan to counter act them.
We need to hang vertical conductors in the sky, to ground them out.
I propose we release helium balloons with long thin copper wires hanging underneath them.
Does this sound correct TV_GUY ?
It's sad but as population grows and grows and there is no work and as people will be more crowded in together, anxiety will become the norm. Who is to say that countries will just on a whim start blowing stuff up?Eyebrows
Too bad they didn't do it. I never cared much for low tide.