Are People Truly This Uneducated?
Or did they ask 5 and 6 year olds? Or what????

[Image: 59641_496186000413077_1678017017_n.jpg]

Source: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind12/pdf/c07.pdf
Yes
In defense of the ignorantLaughing

Many people don't care about electrons,clones, lasers or where we came from and how the earth was formed.
When their lives are consumed with trying to stay alive.
If that chart is the percentage giving the correct answer, which it is, than Americans are not as stupid as I thought they were. And Americans are smarter than many of the people in the other countries on the list. Woohoo!Smiling

I bet a random sampling of young Americas will reveal that they know important stuff like who Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry are dating.
No clue. I think they're both singers, right?
How can you prove the earth is millions of years old, or the universe began with a loud explosion? It's impossible! All of you who evolved from another species are welcome to prove it.
Yes, there are people truly this uneducated.
(11-27-2012, 02:42 PM)tornado Wrote: How can you prove the earth is millions of years old, or the universe began with a loud explosion? It's impossible! All of you who evolved from another species are welcome to prove it.

I'll give you credit for one thing. The test seemed to say the big bang theory was a fact when I've always heard it was a theory. But even so I personally find it hard to argue with the brightest most highly educated people on the planet.

Want to take a guess how many educated people who are not religious? And Don't believe carbon dating is accurate.

Prove to me that you did NOT evolve from another species? I guarantee I can show tons of proof that you did. Or even if you don't accept it as proof you certainly should admit that it is indeed evidence.
Show me some, ANY kind of evidence that you did not evolve.
This is too easy. Smiling
Was Harry Chapin a higher or lower life form?
He was a higher form, why do you ask?
(11-27-2012, 03:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Was Harry Chapin a higher or lower life form?

Higher when he lived. Worm food now.
(11-27-2012, 02:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 02:42 PM)tornado Wrote: How can you prove the earth is millions of years old, or the universe began with a loud explosion? It's impossible! All of you who evolved from another species are welcome to prove it.

I'll give you credit for one thing. The test seemed to say the big bang theory was a fact when I've always heard it was a theory. But even so I personally find it hard to argue with the brightest most highly educated people on the planet.

Want to take a guess how many educated people who are not religious? And Don't believe carbon dating is accurate.

Prove to me that you did NOT evolve from another species? I guarantee I can show tons of proof that you did. Or even if you don't accept it as proof you certainly should admit that it is indeed evidence.

Here is one of your, highly educated relatives.
(11-27-2012, 12:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: In defense of the ignorantLaughing

Many people don't care about electrons,clones, lasers or where we came from and how the earth was formed.
When their lives are consumed with trying to stay alive.

That's pretty funny seeing as there aren't any hungry here....however, it's still just basic elementary education and or cultural common knowledge. What might have been more accurate would be to say: Not everyone has had the opportunity to finish their educations. Or even get a good one.
(11-26-2012, 11:51 PM)Clone Wrote: Or did they ask 5 and 6 year olds? Or what????

[Image: 59641_496186000413077_1678017017_n.jpg]

Source: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind12/pdf/c07.pdf

Well.
I hit the link and damned if I didn't go to chapter 7. Without the first 6 chapters I'm not about to make any comments of note.

I can tell ya this however: Good thing they didn't ask me and my cousins about this stuff. We know stuff like how far a flame shoots when you light a fart, how to ride a least 1,000 feet on a motorcycle, blindfolded, and how many Slim Jim's you can eat before you puke.

That other stuff is for pointy headed, long haired intellectuals who drink imported tea and listen to music you can't dance to.

Now put on some Willie Nelson, cool down a case of Bud, get a big bag of pork rinds and get out on the floor and do some dirty dancin'.
(11-27-2012, 04:47 PM)tornado Wrote:

Here is one of your, highly educated relatives.

Neither of the individuals speaking is a scientist, 'the brightest, most highly educated people on the planet'.

[Image: your_argument_is_irrelephant-148696.jpg]
(11-27-2012, 06:41 PM)csrowan Wrote: Neither of the individuals speaking is a scientist, 'the brightest, most highly educated people on the planet'.

[Image: your_argument_is_irrelephant-148696.jpg]

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Some my have not evolved at all .. I give Mark Seligman as an example.

Well I have a board that I scratch a mark on every year.
There are billions of marks on it.

The big bang was so load that my ears rang for months afterwards..
If I had been warned I would have put on ear protection.