Firewood
(12-05-2012, 01:53 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 01:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: The Craigslist poster did, in essence.

The CL poster basically just said be careful and most certainly did not say the firewood angel or anyone who is different "must be dangerous".

"I know I wouldn't want him near my wife or family,
especially if I weren't around. He sounds too much of a potential "GONE POSTAL" type to me."

Sounds a little more than just be careful to me.

I don't care what it sounds like to YOU. You made the comment that this person said he must be dangerous. Then you said "in essence" he said that

The poster just stated in his opinion that HE sounds too much of a potential "GONE POSTAL" type

He is telling people that in HIS OPINION what "it sounds like" He doesn't say anything for sure.
Plus you don't even know what this firewood angel guy said to elicit this response.
No, I only imagined you could have been the one that posted this CL post in the first place. It's the sort of thing you seem to me like you would say.
(12-05-2012, 02:20 PM)PonderThis Wrote: No, I only imagined you could have been the one that posted this CL post in the first place. It's the sort of thing you seem to me like you would say.

Yeah, you already said that. I thought the guy was weird but I haven't heard him say anything to make me think he was a danger to anyone.

I think you are thinking about what I have said about ILC. And yes indeed as looney as he is and considering that he truly believes so many people are out to get him and have murdered his family...... You're damn right I think he could be a danger.
Right. While, I know for a fact that Illc, while perhaps different, is one of the kindest people around and wouldn't hurt a flea personally. Which leads back to the beginning, which is, people who are "different" are often considered dangerous by others when in fact, they are only different. That's often because they're a little brighter or more intuitive than others, too.

This firewood guy is a perfect example. Here he wants to help others for free, meaning he has the best interests for all of society at heart rather than being selfish like most of us are, and his reward for that is to be considered (my words here) dangerous by people that have more of the typical selfish considerations at heart. They just can't relate, so we must be warned about this different person. If someone is so altruistic, they must be dangerous.

I'm not going to argue the fine points with you, when you've made it clear you at least somewhat agree anyway.
(12-05-2012, 02:51 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Right. While, I know for a fact that Illc, while perhaps different, is one of the kindest people around and wouldn't hurt a flea personally.

No you don't You don't know for a fact. You have an opinion based on him being a nice guy. You sure as hell don't know "for a fact" what he may or may not be capable of doing.

(12-05-2012, 02:51 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Which leads back to the beginning, which is, people who are "different" are often considered dangerous by others when in fact, they are only different. That's often because they're a little brighter or more intuitive than others, too.
I agree but there are different degrees of what you call different. Also I'm sure that sometimes people who are deemed dangerous because they are "different are indeed dangerous.

The truth is that in your opinion YOU don't think ILC is a danger. That's fine you may be correct but it's just as opinion and while it may be true I don't think you or anyone else really knows what he is capable of.

(12-05-2012, 02:51 PM)PonderThis Wrote: This firewood guy is a perfect example. Here he wants to help others for free, meaning he has the best interests for all of society at heart rather than being selfish like most of us are, and his reward for that is to be considered (my words here) dangerous by people that have more of the typical selfish considerations at heart. They just can't relate, so we must be warned about this different person. If someone is so altruistic, they must be dangerous.

I don't know how you can say the personwho posted what I consider a warning about firewood angel has any "typical selfish considerations at heart" .Especially considering the fact that you don't even know what was said that made this poster wary.