Firewood
So the wife has been after me to get some firewood. I had bragged that I could get all we wanted from our logging jobs. I probably could have but the guys that work out there need it worse than we do... and honestly, I am too busy, (or lazy), to do it.

So I resorted to craigslist and searched for firewood. One ad caught my eye. It offered FREE silver madrone, delivered at no charge. The guy claimed to be all about getting firewood to those in need. I figured it was a scam and moved on. The next day I went back to craigslist and saw another ad that looked familiar... only in this case he was selling the firewood. I compared the numbers and they were the same guy.

I decided to call the number and it turns out that both ads are accurate. I offered to buy a cord at full price and last night our wood arrived. BEAUTIFUL seasoned silver madrone. Mostly small rounds, ready to burn. This guy is the real deal. He does try to make some money but he also offers free to those in need.

If you need wood, you should be able to find his ads. I'm not going to link them here. Please don't take advantage of this good man.

If you can't find the ads, PM me and I will get his number to you.
I hope good things come to him.
It's nice to hear about good people doing good deeds. Thumbs Up
Very cool. Big Grin
(11-28-2012, 06:29 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: So the wife has been after me to get some firewood. I had bragged that I could get all we wanted from our logging jobs. I probably could have but the guys that work out there need it worse than we do... and honestly, I am too busy, (or lazy), to do it.

So I resorted to craigslist and searched for firewood. One ad caught my eye. It offered FREE silver madrone, delivered at no charge. The guy claimed to be all about getting firewood to those in need. I figured it was a scam and moved on. The next day I went back to craigslist and saw another ad that looked familiar... only in this case he was selling the firewood. I compared the numbers and they were the same guy.

I decided to call the number and it turns out that both ads are accurate. I offered to buy a cord at full price and last night our wood arrived. BEAUTIFUL seasoned silver madrone. Mostly small rounds, ready to burn. This guy is the real deal. He does try to make some money but he also offers free to those in need.

If you need wood, you should be able to find his ads. I'm not going to link them here. Please don't take advantage of this good man.

Yeah , the "firewood angel" Big Grin I'm surprised that you took this guys lead and refereed to the wood as "silver" madrone.
I don't know who started that but of course there is no such thing. It's just Madrone LOL
Anyway yes I have seen that guys ads, People were picking on him the other day. I'm not sure he isn't a bit shy of a full load.
He said in one post that he gave away "hundreds" of cords a year?
And then a couple of months ago his add was kind of bizarre, It went on and on and rambled about him being a veteran and other stuff I forgot.
(11-28-2012, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-28-2012, 06:29 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: So the wife has been after me to get some firewood. I had bragged that I could get all we wanted from our logging jobs. I probably could have but the guys that work out there need it worse than we do... and honestly, I am too busy, (or lazy), to do it.

Yeah , the "firewood angel" Big Grin I'm surprised that you took this guys lead and refereed to the wood as "silver" madrone.
I don't know who started that but of course there is no such thing. It's just Madrone LOL
Anyway yes I have seen that guys ads, People were picking on him the other day. I'm not sure he isn't a bit shy of a full load.
And then a couple of months ago his add was kind of bizarre, It went on and on and rambled about him being a veteran and other stuff I forgot.

Yeah, that's the guy. For whatever reason, he seems to live for getting firewood to people.

I've never heard of 'silver' madrone either. I think it gets its name from the silvery color that it turns when it dries out.
(11-28-2012, 07:03 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(11-28-2012, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah, that's the guy. For whatever reason, he seems to live for getting firewood to people.

I've never heard of 'silver' madrone either. I think it gets its name from the silvery color that it turns when it dries out.

Yeah usually when it dies standing. It's just that now a lot of others are calling it silver madrone even when it's just split wood.

It sounds like he found his own way to help people outSmiling
Is it possible this is a new form of marketing, and that by offering to give free firewood away if someone really needs it, this actually results in more people who are willing to pay? This might actually be one of the smartest businessmen around, as well as altruistic.
Hey GCG, didn't it make you cringe to pay that much money for a cord of wood?

I hope it heats your house for quite a while.
(11-28-2012, 07:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: Hey GCG, didn't it make you cringe to pay that much money for a cord of wood?

I hope it heats your house for quite a while.

It was a little more than I would normally pay. I would rather do that than pay less for a partial cord and feel like I got screwed because they claimed it was full. This guy brought a full long bed pickup loaded above the sides and a another full long bed trailer also loaded above the sides. All small rounds. We will only have to split some for kindling. Women's work! WinkRazz

In any event, I was happy with the outcome.

Yes, I've heard of this person.
posted today about the firewood angel...Twitch

RE; F-I-R-E-W-O-O-D--- A-N-G-E-L ---BEWARE !!-L
Date: 2012-12-05, 6:52AM PST
zjz9t-3456805917@sale.craigslist.org[?]
Please be VERY CAREFUL before giving this "Firewood Angel" guy any information about yourself !
Especially your phone # and/ or address. He may be somewhat normal, but his ads,
rants and rages of his self proclaimed wonderfulness certainly do sound like a guy with
some real loose screws in his skull. I know I wouldn't want him near my wife or family,
especially if I weren't around. He sounds too much of a potential "GONE POSTAL" type to me.
Please- - JUST BE CAREFUL- - -BE SAFE !! (No, I am not a "competitor" nor do I have
any connection to him. I just don't want to hear about you on the radio police reports.
MERRY CHRIST MAS
Is that what you posted? I can imagine you posting that. Smiling
(12-05-2012, 10:54 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Is that what you posted? I can imagine you posting that. Smiling

No I didn't post that and I seriously doubt this guy is a danger. But he is obviously eccentric if not something more.
There has been quite a few back and forth comments about this fellow but I missed most of them, they were flagged for removal.
I think this poster is sincere and just concerned.
(12-05-2012, 09:22 AM)tvguy Wrote: posted today about the firewood angel...Twitch

Please be VERY CAREFUL before giving this "Firewood Angel" guy any information about yourself !
Especially your phone # and/ or address. He may be somewhat normal, but his ads,
rants and rages of his self proclaimed wonderfulness certainly do sound like a guy with
some real loose screws in his skull. I know I wouldn't want him near my wife or family,
especially if I weren't around. He sounds too much of a potential "GONE POSTAL" type to me.
Please- - JUST BE CAREFUL- - -BE SAFE !! (No, I am not a "competitor" nor do I have
any connection to him. I just don't want to hear about you on the radio police reports.
MERRY CHRIST MAS

Well, no one has chopped us up into little pieces.... YET!

Seriously, I had my doubts about this guy when I first read his ad. And there is no doubt that he is a little different. But the ad above looks like pure speculation from someone that did no more than read his ad.

He told me about how he was able to do what he does and I pretty much believe him.

If someone comes around here and murders me, I will let you all know! Wink

It appears that he has been doing this for awhile. If there had been any weird stuff that happened, I would think that someone would have made the connection by now.
If someone is different they must be dangerous.
(12-05-2012, 11:36 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 09:22 AM)tvguy Wrote: posted today about the firewood angel...Twitch

MERRY CHRIST MAS

Well, no one has chopped us up into little pieces.... YET!

Seriously, I had my doubts about this guy when I first read his ad. And there is no doubt that he is a little different. But the ad above looks like pure speculation from someone that did no more than read his ad.

He told me about how he was able to do what he does and I pretty much believe him.

If someone comes around here and murders me, I will let you all know! Wink

It appears that he has been doing this for awhile. If there had been any weird stuff that happened, I would think that someone would have made the connection by now.

But the ad above looks like pure speculation from someone that did no more than read his ad.

Yes it is "speculation" I don't think the poster tried to claim otherwise.They may have read several posts from this guy and not just read one ad.
Like I said before I have read some stuff this guy wrote and my impression was also that he was a little off kilter.
Plus there was some kind of problem with him according to someone because I kept seeing flagged posts.
I think he's just eccentric and a little odd but I don't know what the person who posted has read to make them think it was necessary to post.
(12-05-2012, 12:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If someone is different they must be dangerous.

No one said that but you.
The Craigslist poster did, in essence.
(12-05-2012, 01:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: The Craigslist poster did, in essence.

The CL poster basically just said be careful and most certainly did not say the firewood angel or anyone who is different "must be dangerous".
(12-05-2012, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 01:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: The Craigslist poster did, in essence.

The CL poster basically just said be careful and most certainly did not say the firewood angel or anyone who is different "must be dangerous".

"I know I wouldn't want him near my wife or family,
especially if I weren't around. He sounds too much of a potential "GONE POSTAL" type to me."

Sounds a little more than just be careful to me.