Smoking Marijuana Is Good For Your Lungs
Quote:a study was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association which found that smoking a moderate amount of pot can actually help your lung capacity.

Researchers at University of California-San Francisco and University of Alabama at Birmingham examined 5,000 people ages 18 to 30 over a 20 year period and then collected information about each persons tobacco and marijuana smoking habits. Researchers then took measurements of a users lung capacity, specifically forced expiratory volume (FEV) which measures how much volume of air the lungs can hold along with forced vital capacity (FVC), or the speed at which a person can blow air out) at several key points during the studies entire period.

Researchers as expected found that tobacco smoking reduced lung capacity while marijuana smoking in moderate marijuana smokers improved lung capacity for both FVC and FEV levels. However the authors note that very heavy marijuana smoking still appears to decrease lung capacity.

http://www.inquisitr.com/179549/smoking-...ent-study/
Four out of five Doctors prefer Kent .
From the article:
Quote:In investigating why marijuana smokers increase their lung capacity the researchers believe that the way marijuana is smoked players a part. Pot smokers tend to draw smoke deep into their lungs while expanding their chest walls to accommodate for their “deep smoking” which in turn might actually strengthen lungs.

I wonder what a study would find with a control group that did some breathing exercises every day. 'Breathe in deeply... now hold it for a count of 10... now exhale. Again. Good.'
Where deep breathing may help your lungs, pot is also a bronchial dailator.
(12-01-2012, 09:30 AM)chuck white Wrote: Where deep breathing may help your lungs, pot is also a bronchial dailator.

bronchial dailator.

Are we allowed to post words like that?
(12-01-2012, 11:58 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 09:30 AM)chuck white Wrote: Where deep breathing may help your lungs, pot is also a bronchial dailator.

bronchial dailator.

Are we allowed to post words like that?

[Image: asth_600.jpg]
(12-01-2012, 07:24 AM)csrowan Wrote: From the article:
Quote:In investigating why marijuana smokers increase their lung capacity the researchers believe that the way marijuana is smoked players a part. Pot smokers tend to draw smoke deep into their lungs while expanding their chest walls to accommodate for their “deep smoking” which in turn might actually strengthen lungs.

I wonder what a study would find with a control group that did some breathing exercises every day. 'Breathe in deeply... now hold it for a count of 10... now exhale. Again. Good.'

Or a control group of anyone who regularly did any kind of exercise?
For this study did they go out and find 5000 couch potatoes? It's hard for me to believe that inhaling smoke, ANY kind of smoke, is good for your lungs.
Many things are hard for you to believe.
(12-01-2012, 12:50 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Many things are hard for you to believe.

Most people with out an ax to grind would think.... "yes it's hard to believe that drying and burning a weed and then inhaling the smoke would be good for you.

But not an asshole like you.
Look what's coming out of those inhalers. Looks like smoke to me.
(12-01-2012, 01:03 PM)chuck white Wrote: Look what's coming out of those inhalers. Looks like smoke to me.
And a Cubic zirconia looks like a diamond.
Weed smoking isn't to good for asthma since the smoke and carbon dioxide are more negative than the bronchial dialator benefits. If it's benefits for your lungs you want do meth. It has some of the same active ingredients as asthma meds.
I'll be awaiting your scientific study on that one before I take it too seriously.
What is smoke?
Smoke is a suspension of microscope liquids (typically organic oils). (CO2 is colorless)
Typically produced by thermal extraction from an organic source. The oils are evaporated with heat and condensed in to a fog as the temperature falls below the dew point. (dew point for the organic oil).

Inhalers use pressurized gas to propel the liquid oil through a small orifice at a critical speed ,causing the surface tension of the oil to disappear, leading to small droplets of oil. Typically larger than the thermal process.

BUT you thought smoke was bad for you.
Well what kind of smoke have you been breathing?

Oils from madrone, oak, and pine. Oils from tobacco,
Oils from paper, Oils from car exhaust, salts from gunpowder (evaporated salts can make smoke too)

I understand why you would think smoke is not healthy
(12-01-2012, 01:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 12:50 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Many things are hard for you to believe.

Most people with out an ax to grind would think.... "yes it's hard to believe that drying and burning a weed and then inhaling the smoke would be good for you.

It's not having an axe to grind, it's having actually read the article.
(12-01-2012, 02:14 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 01:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's not having an axe to grind, it's having actually read the article.

The articles has NOTHING to do with what I said. I did read it.

And then I simply expressed my feelings and said it's hard to believe that drying and burning a weed and then inhaling the smoke would be good for you.

And your dumbass snide remark Many things are hard for you to believe Is exactly what I said, you having a problem with me.
Wow, mello out.
Here have some of this it's good for your lungs.
(12-01-2012, 02:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: What is smoke?
Smoke is a suspension of microscope liquids (typically organic oils). (CO2 is colorless)
Typically produced by thermal extraction from an organic source. The oils are evaporated with heat and condensed in to a fog as the temperature falls below the dew point. (dew point for the organic oil).

Inhalers use pressurized gas to propel the liquid oil through a small orifice at a critical speed ,causing the surface tension of the oil to disappear, leading to small droplets of oil. Typically larger than the thermal process.

BUT you thought smoke was bad for you.
Well what kind of smoke have you been breathing?

Oils from madrone, oak, and pine. Oils from tobacco,
Oils from paper, Oils from car exhaust, salts from gunpowder (evaporated salts can make smoke too)

I understand why you would think smoke is not healthy

Well thanks for understanding why I or anyone else might think smoke is harmful.

But where did you get your definition of smoke? From info about inhalers? ...
Smoke is a suspension of microscope liquids Just liquids are in YOUR smoke?
I think there are more than liquids in smoke from burning plants for instance trees or leaves.

The Health Effects of Wood Smoke

Although wood smoke conjures up fond memories of sitting by a cozy fire, it is important to know that the components of wood smoke and cigarette smoke are quite similar, and that many components of both are carcinogenic. Wood smoke contains fine particulate matter, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, sulfur dioxide and various irritant gases such as nitrogen oxides that can scar the lungs. Wood smoke also contains chemicals known or suspected to be carcinogens, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and dioxin.
Wood smoke interferes with normal lung development in infants and children. It also increases children’s risk of lower respiratory infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
Wood smoke exposure can depress the immune system and damage the layer of cells in the lungs that protect and cleanse the airways.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), toxic air pollutants are components of wood smoke. Wood smoke can cause coughs, headaches, eye, and throat irritation in otherwise healthy people.
For vulnerable populations, such as people with asthma, chronic respiratory disease and those with cardiovascular disease, wood smoke is particularly harmful— even short exposures can prove dangerous.
The particles of wood smoke are extremely small and therefore are not filtered out by the nose or the upper respiratory system. Instead, these small particles end up deep in the lungs where they remain for months, causing structural damage and chemical changes. Wood smoke’s carcinogenic chemicals adhere to these tiny particles, which enter deep into the lungs.
Recent studies show that fine particles that go deep into the lungs increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes. EPA warns that for people with heart disease, short- term exposures have been linked to heart attacks and arrhythmias. If you have heart disease, these tiny particles may cause you to experience chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, and fatigue.

Residential Leaf Burning

An Unhealthy Solution to Leaf Disposal
Q: Why should I be concerned about leaf burning?

A: leaf burning leads to air pollution, health problems, and fire hazards. Each autumn, homeowners across the United States rake up fallen leaves from their lawns. In the past, people routinely took leaves and other yard trimmings to landfills or relied on waste pick-up services for disposal of the leaves. Because of increasingly scarce landfill space, many State and local governments now ban leaves and other yard trimmings from landfills. With this option removed, there is a growing concern that homeowners may be tempted to burn the leaves in their yards.

Q: What types of air pollutants are emitted from burning leaf piles?

A: The open burning of leaves produces particulate matter and hydrocarbons, which contain a number of toxic, irritant, and carcinogenic (cancer-causing) compounds. Leaf smoke also contains carbon monoxide.
Well I suggest that you don't put wood or leaves and other yard trimmings in a pipe and smoke it.

I say that you need to choose which type of plant you inhale oils from.
None of which refutes the fact peoples lung capacities got better when they smoked moderate amounts of marijuana. Whether TV thinks that's possible or not, it's in the article.