Chemtrails debunked.
For anyone who believes that the government is using airplanes to spray stuff into our skies in an attempt to kill people, prevent global warming, test biological weapons, create a worldwide projection screen, or otherwise do bad things...

Also, for anyone who thinks that's nuts, and wants to be able to explain to the more rational conspiracy theorists why they're wrong...

-----BEGIN QUOTING-----

What a contrail is, as defined by Encyclopedia Britannica [ref]:
It forms upon condensation of the water vapor produced by the combustion of fuel in the airplane engines. When the ambient relative humidity is high, the resulting ice-crystal plume may last for several hours. The trail may be distorted by the winds, and sometimes it spreads outwards to form a layer of cirrus cloud. On rare occasions, when the air is nearly saturated with water vapor, air circulation at the wing tips of an airplane may cause sufficient pressure and temperature.

Or to simply those white lines in the sky that jets leave behind, but not the ones on Eric Clapton's mirror.

What a chemtrail is
A chemtrail behaves like a persistent contrail, only its not water vapor. Its something else being "sprayed" for nefarious purposes., be it mind control, population control, or global warming. In other words, the government is spraying the skies with chemicals in order to accomplish a top secret plan.

[snip]

[Image: popscicontrails-full.jpg]

Contrails fade away in a couple of minutes, whereas "chemtrails" remain in the air for hours.

This is the biggest claim that the "chemtrailers" get wrong. Contrails may persist in the sky for hours, and they have done so since the inventions of jets. Various photographs, newspaper clippings and scientific articles[1][2][2b] from and before the 1970's are good evidence that this is true. Two photographic example can be seen below, but there are dozens more[3].

A scientific article from 1970, both explains and illustrates how and why persistent contrails form[4]:

Quote:"The spreading of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent contrails exist from 25,000 to 40,000 ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.
[....]
Contrail development and spreading begins in the morning hours with the start of heavy jet traffic and may extend from horizon to horizon as the air traffic peaks. Fig. 1 is a typical example of midmorning contrails that occured [sic] on 17 December 1969 northwest of Boulder. By midafternoon, sky conditions had developed into those shown in Fig. 2 an almost solid contrail sheet reported to average 500 m in depth."

[snip]

Many people on the net assert that chemtrails are making people sick. Not just in the United States, but they are making people sick all over the globe! Here are some headlines to a couple chemtrail articles:[5]

"Did Olympic Athletes get Chemtrailed?- Many sick with 'flu-like symptoms?"
"Chemtrails continue to sicken many-International Uproar brewing"
"A doctor observes that chemtrails are making people sick"[6]

I think the more rational explanation for the first article is that these Olympic athletes just got the flu! Occam's razor at its finest. Let's skip to the third article, for a more lengthy rebuttal:[6]

Quote:I am noticing my patients are coming in with frequent headaches, sinus congestion, asthma and ear infections in recent days/weeks. I attribute this to the allergic reactions to the chemicals which our government is spraying in OUR air! I have noticed that the "hair analysis" labs which I run on some of my patients all are indicating HIGH levels of Barium.

How does this doctor know that all of these illnesses were caused by "chemtrails." He seems to imply that the discovery of barium in his patient's hair analysis proves a link. We don't get any figures for these "high levels" so that claim is at the moment unverified. The doctor's name is Michael Pece, who lives in Phoenix, Arizona. Is there something else in or near Phoenix that may explain the "high barium levels"?

Phoenix is the 5th most populated city. Big cities often contain large factories and thousands of cars. Both of which give off lots of pollutants, notably barium. Its also documented in several environmental studies that Phoenix's air quality is very poor. I do realize that "chemtrails", if they did exist, would show the same symptoms as pollutants (respiratory problems, ear infections, chest problems). But this isn't the point. It is implied that there is no other explanation that can account these symptoms. I would argue pollution probably has a role in these illnesses. But don't forget those germs!

Quote:Since the early 1990s, residents of the Valley of the Sun have been looking for some relief of their own. The "Brown Cloud", as it has come to be known, shrouds the Phoenix area in pollutants nearly year-round resulting in the American Lung Association giving Maricopa County its lowest grade for air quality in both ozone and particulates in 2005.

For the most part, the Brown Cloud consists of tiny particles of carbon and nitrogen dioxide gas. These substances are deposited into the air mostly from burning fossil fuels. Cars, construction-related dust, power plants, gas powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and more contribute to the cloud daily.

-----END QUOTING-----

More at: http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/a...chemtrails
But not really, truly debunked. Just because you publish an article doesn't prove anything against "the truth"! (Insert dramatic music)

If it's really bunk then it don't need debunked. I think Rowmeister must be bored.
I wanted to beat the crowd.

There's a politician in Sweden claiming that the CIA, NSA, and Swedish government are behind chemtrails in Sweden, and that there is a government document approving it.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2012/1...61524.html
So why is there an increase in Barium oxide?
LaughingLaughing
Chuck, I don't know if you have noticed but if you take the last digit off of your post count, well, let's just say it looks like the mark of the beast to me.
(12-03-2012, 09:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Chuck, I don't know if you have noticed but if you take the last digit off of your post count, well, let's just say it looks like the mark of the beast to me.

In honor of post 6666

Big Grin
(12-03-2012, 08:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: I wanted to beat the crowd.

There's a politician in Sweden claiming that the CIA, NSA, and Swedish government are behind chemtrails in Sweden, and that there is a government document approving it.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2012/1...61524.html

[Image: 424915_311356775644436_1171105807_n.jpg]