When shopping this holiday season.......
Please consider a small donation to those in need at Laurel Hill convalescent home. A donation box has been set up in the Grants Pass JC Penney store, and a donation of slippers and/or a robe for the residents would help keep them warm and be greatly appreciated. Most of the residents have no family to visit them, little funds for extras, and are usually forgotten during the holiday season.
Thank you for your consideration.
What a wonderful idea. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Merry Christmas!
(12-08-2012, 09:08 PM)Smithcat Wrote: Please consider a small donation to those in need at Laurel Hill convalescent home. A donation box has been set up in the Grants Pass JC Penney store, and a donation of slippers and/or a robe for the residents would help keep them warm and be greatly appreciated. Most of the residents have no family to visit them, little funds for extras, and are usually forgotten during the holiday season.
Thank you for your consideration.

I put this on Facebook to spread the word.
Thanks for the info, Smithcat!
An update:
We placed the donation box in JC Penney Friday afternoon at around 3 PM. We went shopping there Sunday afternoon at around 4 PM. The box was full!!!! 8 pairs of slippers and 1 warm fluffy robe!!!!! We emptied it this morning. Cant wait to see what happens next!! Thank you to everyone who donated so far!
(12-10-2012, 12:05 PM)Smithcat Wrote: An update:
We placed the donation box in JC Penney Friday afternoon at around 3 PM. We went shopping there Sunday afternoon at around 4 PM. The box was full!!!! 8 pairs of slippers and 1 warm fluffy robe!!!!! We emptied it this morning. Cant wait to see what happens next!! Thank you to everyone who donated so far!

And, I might add, there's a Toys 4 Tots box there also! Big Grin
And you can also donate to the 'Chuck White Retirement' fund.
Does that pay dividends in geriatric chicken eggs?
(12-10-2012, 12:10 PM)Clone Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 12:05 PM)Smithcat Wrote: An update:

And, I might add, there's a Toys 4 Tots box there also! Big Grin

We saw that, and will be placing 2 toys there this afternoon....one for a girl and one for a boy.
(12-10-2012, 01:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Does that pay dividends in geriatric chicken eggs?

I save the old eggs for balut
[Image: balut-from-the-philippines.jpg]