Loving dog needs new home.
A friend of mine in Ashland sent me an email. I thought I would share it here, since I know we have some dog lovers. If you're interested, let me know.

Quote:[Image: fjlsab.jpg]

We rescued BOB a couple years ago from the Shelter. He is a beautiful, brindle, Mastiff. He had been stranded at age 1 and we took him in. However, after two years with him, we are unable to keep him due to our heavy work and family schedules.

He is a loving dog. Fully potty-trained and can take directions well: sit, lay down, out, no - all that good stuff. He is great with other animals including cats. Loves children and anyone that will show him attention. He's as loyal as can be. He really doesn't eat that much either - the normal bowl in the morning and one at night.

His shots are all up to date. We are not looking to sell Bob. We only want to find him a loving family that can appreciate him as the big, friendly, giant that he is. He is a show stopper when you walk him down the street. Doesn't bark much at all. Is not spooked easily by anything. Basically just the prefect big dog that wants to please you and be showered with affection.

Please let us know if you are the family that Bob so deserves!!!!
(12-04-2012, 02:20 PM)csrowan Wrote: A friend of mine in Ashland sent me an email. I thought I would share it here, since I know we have some dog lovers. If you're interested, let me know.

Quote:[Image: fjlsab.jpg]

We rescued BOB a couple years ago from the Shelter. He is a beautiful, brindle, Mastiff. He had been stranded at age 1 and we took him in. However, after two years with him, we are unable to keep him due to our heavy work and family schedules.

He is a loving dog. Fully potty-trained and can take directions well: sit, lay down, out, no - all that good stuff. He is great with other animals including cats. Loves children and anyone that will show him attention. He's as loyal as can be. He really doesn't eat that much either - the normal bowl in the morning and one at night.

His shots are all up to date. We are not looking to sell Bob. We only want to find him a loving family that can appreciate him as the big, friendly, giant that he is. He is a show stopper when you walk him down the street. Doesn't bark much at all. Is not spooked easily by anything. Basically just the prefect big dog that wants to please you and be showered with affection.

Please let us know if you are the family that Bob so deserves!!!!

He's beautiful. I wonder what kind of mastiff he is? He looks like an English mastiff I think? There are many kinds of Mastiff's.
Your friend has an ad On craigslist I assume?
My friend sent this to her entire contact list, and she knows a LOT of people. I don't know if she's tried Craigslist. I don't think she'll need to.
(12-04-2012, 02:32 PM)csrowan Wrote: My friend sent this to her entire contact list, and she knows a LOT of people. I don't know if she's tried Craigslist. I don't think she'll need to.

Well maybe not with that particular dog. But I see people trying to off their dogs on CL every single day. I'm just saying there seems to be a hell of a lot more dogs that need homes then the other way around.
My apologies...Embarrassed
The one on the left is in middle school.
(12-04-2012, 04:37 PM)csrowan Wrote: The one on the left is in middle school.

My apologies. Embarrassed
Speaking of big guys...just in case any of you know or have seen this guy:

Do you recognize this big guy? According to his microchip his name is Diablo, and he once lived in Medford. The phone number is no longer valid and he was not licensed in Jackson or Josephine Counties under the owner name on the chip. We have run out of leads so now we are asking for a little more help. Please contact the shelter at 541-474-5458 with any information, Thank You!!

[Image: 154606_501162643248574_1642995585_n.jpg]
(12-04-2012, 06:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 04:37 PM)csrowan Wrote: The one on the left is in middle school.

My apologies. Embarrassed

I'm the kind of guy who will let a dog sleep on the bed. But I don't think I want a dog who tells me to get off the bed so he can go to sleep.
I'd love to have this guy. Just can't. Just can't. Sad

Edit: Sorry, posted to wrong place. Please mentally paste to correct place. Thank you.
He seems like a great dog and I hope a home is found for him. Even if I wanted to have more pets, my little poodle wouldn't tolerate another pet in the house; be it cat, dog or hedgehog.

When she shuffles off to the Big Fire Hydrant in the Sky, I am done with pets.
OMG that dog is gorgeous!