This Medford Mail Tribune carrier should be fired!
This note was written to a 98 year young lady from her Medford (Oregon) Mail Tribune Paper Carrier.

[Image: 37093_4944083370730_1689546837_n.jpg]
(12-14-2012, 08:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote: This note was written to a 98 year young lady from her Medford (Oregon) Mail Tribune Paper Carrier.

Bring on the folks at the MT talking about how their carriers are independent contractors. Yeah, right.

And learn to spell! Smiling

It makes perfect sense when traditional print news is under its greatest threat of all-time.

"... equivelent there of." FTW!!!
A pretty blatant shakedown for gratuities.
His union doesn't require him to do any more work than his job detail describes.
I've had our Mail Tribune carrier back in to and damage my gate, back in to and knock over my garbage can spilling the contents in to a water filled ditch.
Neither time did they admit they did it.
Our paper has not been delivered numerous times, the same with it being late.
Now the new carrier won't or can't tie the plastic bag so we keep getting papers that are soaking wet and useless.
We are just about to give up. But then our dog would be out of a jobSmiling
You know if I received a note like that I would be cancelling my paper subscription.
(12-14-2012, 08:24 AM)Sarge Milkman Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 08:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote: This note was written to a 98 year young lady from her Medford (Oregon) Mail Tribune Paper Carrier.

Bring on the folks at the MT talking about how their carriers are independent contractors. Yeah, right.

And learn to spell! Smiling

It makes perfect sense when traditional print news is under its greatest threat of all-time.

"... equivelent there of." FTW!!!

In defense of this guy... These people are not not paid very much at all. If they were there wouldn't always be delivery jobs available. And I don't know how many people EXPECT the delivery guy to get out of his car and walk up to someones porch.
The letter is poorly written but if someone expects someone else to do extra work for them every day They should pay for it.
And why do we care if they can't spell?

From a handwriting analysis perspective on this, a couple things stand right out. How much energy of themselves someone is willing to exert is revealed by how they form their "t" crossings - it takes more energy to raise the pen higher and cross the "t" at a higher location, and a "long" crossing stroke takes more energy than a short one. This guy can barely make the effort to make much of a "t" crossing stroke at all, and it's quite low as well - in simple terms, this guy doesn't exert himself much at much of anything. Now look at the size of his letters when he writes "mail tribune", as opposed to the sizes of letters in his other words. When something is important to someone, they write those letters larger. The words "mail tribune" aren't very important to this writer at all, they're practically the smallest letters on the page (he can't be bothered to capitalize them, either). His own name is more important, his emphasis on ANY, even "gratuity" is written larger, and "Thank you" he's pretty proud of, but not the company he works for. I wouldn't want to hire this guy, based on his handwriting alone.
(12-14-2012, 09:13 AM)BeerMe Wrote: His union doesn't require him to do any more work than his job detail describes.
Eh? He's most likely an independent contractor. That's all part of the game. Sorry, go elsewhere to look for union boogiemen to blame. (And now the thread goes sideways.)
(12-14-2012, 09:31 AM)tvguy Wrote: And why do we care if they can't spell?

He works for a company that profits from writing? Smiling
(12-14-2012, 09:41 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

From a handwriting analysis perspective on this, a couple things stand right out. How much energy of themselves someone is willing to exert is revealed by how they form their "t" crossings - it takes more energy to raise the pen higher and cross the "t" at a higher location, and a "long" crossing stroke takes more energy than a short one. This guy can barely make the effort to make much of a "t" crossing stroke at all, and it's quite low as well - in simple terms, this guy doesn't exert himself much at much of anything. Now look at the size of his letters when he writes "mail tribune", as opposed to the sizes of letters in his other words. When something is important to someone, they write those letters larger. The words "mail tribune" aren't very important to this writer at all, they're practically the smallest letters on the page (he can't be bothered to capitalize them, either). His own name is more important, his emphasis on ANY, even "gratuity" is written larger, and "Thank you" he's pretty proud of, but not the company he works for. I wouldn't want to hire this guy, based on his handwriting alone.

Most of what you deduced could have been assumed anyway simply by the nature of the jobSmiling I'm a little skeptical of your skill at this but you are probably right with some or even most of your thoughts using known handwriting clues.

(12-14-2012, 09:41 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Now look at the size of his letters when he writes "mail tribune", as opposed to the sizes of letters in his other words. When something is important to someone, they write those letters larger. The words "mail tribune" aren't very important to this writer at all, they're practically the smallest letters on the page

The word "driveways" directly below is as small or smaller so I'm' thinking in this case size doesn't matterRazz
The whole idea of learning and trying to analyze handwriting interests me.

Also as far as the importance of the customer being 98 years old. It's very possible this carrier has no idea of their age.
(12-14-2012, 09:44 AM)Sarge Milkman Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 09:13 AM)BeerMe Wrote: His union doesn't require him to do any more work than his job detail describes.
Eh? He's most likely an independent contractor. That's all part of the game. Sorry, go elsewhere to look for union boogiemen to blame. (And now the thread goes sideways.)

That's because the man is trying to keep them down. If they were paid a living wage he wouldn't need the tips.

Quote:October 28, 2005
NLRB Strips Newspaper Carriers of Right to Form Unions

Following recent decisions stripping graduate student employees and many disabled workers of union rights, the National Labor Relations Board ruled that newspaper carriers could be fired at will if they tried to organize a union:

Concerned with their meager earnings and a lack of health benefits, the newspaper carriers who haul and deliver the St. Joseph News-Press of St. Joseph, MO, sought to form a union. In October 1999, the carriers contacted the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) to help them obtain union representation. Soon after the effort began, the St. Joseph News-Press fired two pro-union carriers and cut back the work of two others, leading the IBT to file unfair labor practice charges with the NLRB.

The local NLRB administrative judge ruled in the workers' favor back in 2001, but four years later, the national labor board reversed the decision, declaring the carriers "independent contractors" and therefore outside the protections of labor law.

As the dissenting member of the board pointed out, carriers are completely economically dependent on the newspaper companies that employ them, so the legal fiction of them "running their own businesses" is just a loophole to undermine labor rights.

Just one more brick in the wall of workers being denied legal rights on any pretext rightwing courts or this NLRB can find
power to the people!Rolling Eyes
(12-14-2012, 10:00 AM)BeerMe Wrote: [quote='Sarge Milkman' pid='250342' dateline='1355503484']
[quote='BeerMe' pid='250329' dateline='1355501610']

You're much angrier on here than in real life.Eek!
(12-14-2012, 10:17 AM)Asquared44 Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 10:00 AM)BeerMe Wrote: [quote='Sarge Milkman' pid='250342' dateline='1355503484']

Maybe THIS is real and what you thought was real... isn'tUnsure
(12-14-2012, 10:19 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Maybe THIS is real and what you thought was real... isn'tUnsure

Asquared is my bro. I think he knows me by now.Big Grin

BTW, call my cell either during my lunch hour or tonight.
(12-14-2012, 10:53 AM)BeerMe Wrote: Asquared is my bro. I think he knows me by now.Big Grin

Ooohhhh... I know who you are! Razz
Could have been worded differently, to be more compassionate and explain things better, but I understand the sentiment. And he left his phone number along with a request to call with any questions or comments.

On the subject of handwriting analysis: bunkum.
The FBI and other criminologists will beg to differ this one with you. I myself can generally pick lies out of a written statement, just for example. It's not all that hard to do, either.
Gee, I wonder which one of Santa's reindeer peed in this guy's cornflakes? Talk about not being in the holiday spirit. I see a lump of coal in his future.