And... another shooting!
(12-14-2012, 01:17 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 12:47 PM)gapper Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 12:46 PM)BeerMe Wrote: So, you actually believe the criminals will turn in their guns?

If I'm not mistaken drugs are illegal, people still sell and use drugs. Murder is against the law....... yes, making guns illegal to own will solve all of our problems.

Hey, the "war on drugs" has worked so well, why not a "war on guns"???
:wacko::wacko:

The war on guns is such a success in Chicago that Rahm and Barack think the rest of the country should be run the same way.
Screw you and the horse you rode in on.
This has zero to do with our President at this point.
WTF?? Do you blame the fact that you are an ignorant, arrogant and repulsive son of a bitch on Obama too??
(12-14-2012, 01:11 PM)blondemom Wrote: I am sitting here listening to the news report. I know there are going to be many knew jerk reactions. Banning guns, changing the gun laws, rounding up all crazy people and locking them up. I have no idea why any one would want to harm children like this. There was that stuff that happened in China earlier today, and now this. What the hell is going on in this world. Why the fuck do people think this is how the hell to solve problems. I do not give a fuck how fucking bad your bad your life is what the fuck gives you the right to go to a mall a school or any place and kill innocent people and then take the fucking pussy shit way out fucking kill your self you chicken shit bastard, May you rot in hell.

I am so sorry I just was reading the language I used. I am so sorry about it. I try not to talk like that. I am just very angry and hurt right now. I have been crying over this and it has taken a lot of will power not to pull my kids out of school over this today. I am sorry.
A former member of the forum put it so perfectly on Facebook..."We have to do better."
(12-14-2012, 01:22 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 01:11 PM)blondemom Wrote: I am sitting here listening to the news report. I know there are going to be many knew jerk reactions. Banning guns, changing the gun laws, rounding up all crazy people and locking them up. I have no idea why any one would want to harm children like this. There was that stuff that happened in China earlier today, and now this. What the hell is going on in this world. Why the fuck do people think this is how the hell to solve problems. I do not give a fuck how fucking bad your bad your life is what the fuck gives you the right to go to a mall a school or any place and kill innocent people and then take the fucking pussy shit way out fucking kill your self you chicken shit bastard, May you rot in hell.

I am so sorry I just was reading the language I used. I am so sorry about it. I try not to talk like that. I am just very angry and hurt right now. I have been crying over this and it has taken a lot of will power not to pull my kids out of school over this today. I am sorry.

Understandable. Any caring person shares your frustration and hurt.
Of course, for the non-caring, they just use it as another avenue to attack our President.
It's alright, Blondemom. The language you used was in my head. You could edit your response and put in less harsh-sounding substitute words if you want. If not, we understand.
(12-14-2012, 12:42 PM)gapper Wrote: We don't need more "gun control" (however one wants to define that broad brushed, non-defined buzz phrase), we need more nut case control.

I agree!
(12-14-2012, 01:26 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It's alright, Blondemom. The language you used was in my head. You could edit your response and put in less harsh-sounding substitute words if you want. If not, we understand.

My oldest daughter would be so pleased to know that I still had it me that I can cuss like a sailor still. I haven't used words like that in years. Guess it shows my frustration level. I think I will leave it, it shows that I still have my redneck, unladylike like blood that comes out.
How anyone can politicize such a truly heart-breaking event at this of all moments makes me sick and quickly turns my sorrow into disgust.

We should be thinking about America's children today; not spewing inarticulate word vomit.

How utterly pathetic.

Go hug your guns.
Other than that I am truly at a loss for words.
How can we go on like this?
It's not the time to place the blame.
It's time to mourn the loss of such young lives.
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.

Plato
I was standing in line at the bank. An older women asked if I heard about the shooting? She said she cried about it. I said yes I had, she said too many nuts out there, I said too many nuts with guns. She said it isn't about too many guns. I said yes it is and turned around. There you have it.
Before I read the story I was thinking about the entire gun control angle. I have never been in favor of outlawing guns but I have questioned the need for gun shops to be able to sell semi-auto rifles. Two rifles in particular come to mind when I think of semi-auto hunting rifles. One is a 10-22 Ruger, mostly used for plinking stuff and the other is a .223, which is mostly a varmint weapon.

I'm reading that a .223 was used in today's shooting.

I would not be against outlawing semi-autos from being sold over the counter. It just makes it too easy to kill a lot with very little effort.

Having said that, I have little doubt in my mind that this asshole would have found some way to inflict similar damage even if he had no gun available. A bomb maybe? Who knows?

Outlawing guns is not going to stop these things from happening. Outlawing semi- autos might stop these things from devastating so many at a time.
(12-14-2012, 02:20 PM)Crazylace Wrote: How anyone can politicize such a truly heart-breaking event at this of all moments makes me sick and quickly turns my sorrow into disgust.

We should be thinking about America's children today; not spewing inarticulate word vomit.

How utterly pathetic.

Go hug your guns.

Go hug your guns? Really? Who in the hell are you talking to? You say that right after complaining about some making this tragedy political?
(12-14-2012, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 02:20 PM)Crazylace Wrote: How anyone can politicize such a truly heart-breaking event at this of all moments makes me sick and quickly turns my sorrow into disgust.

How utterly pathetic.

Go hug your guns.

Go hug your guns? Really? Who in the hell are you talking to? You say that right after complaining about some making this tragedy political?
I believe she was addressing OL. Are you going to pull your lame knife shit out again and tell us someone could have murdered 20+ people with one?
I'm not sure outlawing guns is the topic. Europeans own guns. We rarely if ever see this out of Europe best I know. There is a need to have the conversation.
Now it is interesting that a bill is on it's way to the governor of Michigan to allow guns on school property.

What we have doesn't work imho.
(12-14-2012, 03:19 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

How utterly pathetic.

Go hug your guns.

I believe she was addressing OL. Are you going to pull your lame knife shit out again and tell us someone could have murdered 20+ people with one?

I think this was the one he was talking about. I know it was the one I was talking about today.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/...chool.html
(12-14-2012, 03:19 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

How utterly pathetic.

Go hug your guns.

People should quote someone if they expect everyone to know who they are talking to.
And I posted the story about a man in China who stabbed or cut 22 children at a school. I posted it to show the same sickness that assholes like Leonard blame on America also happens in other countries.
Now please go fuck yourself.
Did either of you actually read the article?
No deaths. And subdued by security guards.
Who cares about other countries; I live here where I can try to do something about it.
(12-14-2012, 03:40 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Did either of you actually read the article?
Who cares about other countries; I live here where I can try to do something about it.

Yes I did I was talking about the crazy world we are living in, where people are hurting kids. You know I do not know anything about how those schools are, but at my kids schools we have armed Police officers. After this today there were 4 that were at the JR high and at the high school I saw 6 cop cars and there are some walking around.
(12-14-2012, 03:40 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Did either of you actually read the article?

What part of me saying I posted it to show the same sickness that assholes like Leonard blame on America happens in China are you unable to understand?