Gettin' Exciting
I got out of the Douglas County Jail at 4:30 PM. Then, off to Canyonville on the bus with Cathy? driving. Then standing in the snow, with my thumb out, until I was so cold I had to go into the trucker's lounge to warm up. Then back out again. Then back in again. Then, back out into the snow. At eight AM, I fished some damp long john tops, out of the open locker of drop off stuff at the closed Adventist Church. Then, back to the truck center, for a worthless rain suit that they wouldn't sell, if they knew. Then, over the pass, with my thumb out, all of the way. And, no takers for fourteen miles. But, just a mile up the road, from I-5 Mr Hayden passed me, and stopped and turned around. And took me miles out of his way, and saved me from moonlit walk, until around 2 AM, through a snowy wilderness. And The least I will do is remember him to whatever God we achieve. Because, it was a do or die thing, that could well have gone the wrong way. I had a bad stay, with idiots, in a bad jail where some of the jailers did seem oddly human. And, others, more of the nature I'd have expected. My antagonist was a fifty seven year old she bear, who I thought I'd handle like a toy. But, I had myself a little over rated. I have a tooth in my pocket and a loose one that will go. I hurt all over. But, my broken finger went away, like magic? Some of my wounds were from the wolf of contention. She hadn't been feeding him. I finally figured out the scars and scabs, in all of the wrong places. So, she decided to show me what she could do to the to wolf she had already given me. And, when i pulled him away from her, I got a boot in the tooth, I'll remember. All I want is the poor dog, back. She's in sort of a place of commitment, now. And, I don't know why I worried that she's running out of wood in a blizzard. Other than those poor animals are there too. Maybe Buddy and the cats will eat her? I fed him most of the spoiled meat, and cheese, and butter (She's a food stamp queen). He's better, but he's frightened. And, she gave him to me!
Welcome back
Hey, Illcommandante!
Been missing you 'round these parts.......

Those 54 year old she bears are dangerous.
Watch out!!!!!
(12-18-2012, 09:56 PM)Clone Wrote: Those 54 year old she bears are dangerous.
Watch out!!!!!

Oh Hell yeah... just ask me! Wink I'll tell ya! Eyebrows

Big Grin
I mean, really, where else can one read the adventures of a man fighting a she bear for a wolf???

Keep those cards and letters coming!

All kidding aside, be safe, my friend.
Glad you're still kickin and scratchin Illc. Big Grin
(12-18-2012, 09:37 PM)illcommandante Wrote: <Snip>

And The least I will do is remember him to whatever God we achieve.

<Snip>

One of your better lines.
Lots of digging to find the nuggets, but ain't that the way it goes.
It doesn't make sense. This guy has no money, hitch hiking getting thrown in jail, for what? He's living on the street with a laptop? a couple months ago he lived in a nice home on the Rogue. He certainly gets social security. Where are all of these GP forum friends.
Damn ILC PM these people and get their tel #
It is a narrative, a story. Poetic license. Do you lack any and all sense of imagination?
(12-19-2012, 12:53 PM)bbqboy Wrote: It is a narrative, a story. Poetic license. Do you lack any and all sense of imagination?

So nothing the man ever says is true? He's still home sitting by a fire with the wife and dog?
I'm never sure. That's the beauty of it.
(12-19-2012, 01:43 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I'm never sure. That's the beauty of it.

Douglas county jail has an inmate list and mugshots. I would like to think none of it's true but if it is this guy needs help.If it's all bullshit then I don't see the "beauty".
I could have figured that.
Do you know many she-wolves, besides Wonky's wife?
[Image: 312856_548219788540201_1648977923_n.jpg]
TVg... have you ever stopped to think that things go on behind the scenes?
And with the way you ride Illc... do you think anyone would ever feel you deserved to be privy to those happenings?

Dry
Maybe he works at the jail.
Some folk like to call you crazy...but you shore know your p's and q's when it comes to the English language.

You are SUCH a good writer...and speller. Your grammar is faultless.

You are a survivor, Illcommandante.

Me too!

I've never liked the other options...I want to stay on this side of the daisies. Big Grin
(12-19-2012, 01:43 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I'm never sure. That's the beauty of it.

I agree, "that's the beauty of it". It's prose for the offering only. One can read it or not, see in it value, or not, and sometimes be delighted.

I don't know, or much care, if he is sitting by the fire with his dog or living in a glass condo on the 7th floor in Portland. His internal life is full, his imagination rich, and his writing skills very good.

My one concern is the sometimes racial slurs that shows up from time to time. I suspect this is from the voice of his "characters". It is still abrasive on the page and I'd rather not read it.

Full disclosure: I "read him" maybe 20% of the time. Like bacon, I like it but don't want it every day.
Yeah, well...okay. But, it's not pretty (Well, except to me). This is taken in the jail that Wayne Morse had Charlie Porter snatch me from Pappy Ford's hands in. In, 1966.

[Image: inmate-mugshot-david-eric-ayers-douglas-...121143.jpg]
Where's your hat? Wink
Hey good lookin'
Whatcha got cookin?

Pie, baby. Pie!!!!! Laughing