What Habits Get on Your Spouse's/S.O. Nerves?
With a nod toward Clone's "Sometimes I wonder about marriage" thread, I started to think about what I do that gets on my spouse's nerves. After weeks and weeks of trying to come up with something Cool, it dawned on me.

I never close my dresser drawers all the way. He walks past and shoves them in all the way with his hip, arm or foot and glowers at me.

My daughter's DH never shuts off the lights when he leaves a room. He also doesn't close the kitchen cupboards.

Is it possible that YOU may do something which your spouse/significant other doesn't exactly appreciate? Zipped
She sure didn't appreciate when I unloaded my gun safe on to her yoga room floor. Nowhere to even stand.
(12-31-2012, 03:27 PM)TennisMom Wrote: With a nod toward Clone's "Sometimes I wonder about marriage" thread, I started to think about what I do that gets on my spouse's nerves. After weeks and weeks of trying to come up with something Cool, it dawned on me.

I never close my dresser drawers all the way. He walks past and shoves them in all the way with his hip, arm or foot and glowers at me.

My daughter's DH never shuts off the lights when he leaves a room. He also doesn't close the kitchen cupboards.

Is it possible that YOU may do something which your spouse/significant other doesn't exactly appreciate? Zipped

Things she does:

Waits until the tank is on fumes before buying gas.

Has to have a fan running all night for white noise so she can sleep.

Arranges kitchen stuff in a way that boggles my mind, ie; dishrags in a drawer on wrong side of kitchen.

She is a wood-stove Nazi. No one else is allowed to adjust damper. I mean, we can do it, but we do it wrong.

She is a freak about her pillows. Don't fkin touch them. EVER!

Things I do:

I fart. A lot.

She has it worse than I do.
It's these kind of threads that remind me how lucky I am. LOL! Smiling
I yell at other drivers.

I, for some reason, don't close cupboards OR drawers all the way, either.

Hubby says it appears as though they're getting ready to barf.

Just last night, as I was walking between our car and another car in the Albertsons parking lot, minding my own business, starting to push the unlock button, a guy standing by the other car had just taken a humongeous drag on a cigarette and blew out a cloud right in front of my face.

I yelled: "DAMN! That cigarette smoke STINKS, Dude! FUNKY SHIT!

Dear hubby always cringes, because if someone gets in my face he'd feel obligated to defend me.

I try, I really try to respect him and not do it.

Sometimes I fail.

I apologized to him and, no, no one got beat up. But two young guys wearing hoodies driving an old beat up paint flaking Chrysler Caravan should just be left alone by us old farts. Embarrassed
She slams the refrigerator door. I have it adjusted so it closes perfectly fine on it's own. NO reason whatsoever to do anything with the door but just walk away. K thunk K think K thunk anyway

Quote:GCG Waits until the tank is on fumes before buying gas.

My wife used to actually run out of gas all the time and then call me. And to make it worse she always milked the last drop of gas so you would have to open the hood and prime the carb.
I cured her of that by refusing to ever rescue her again. It's been years and she hasn't run out since. I don't know how though because every time I ever use her car or get back my rig that she used... the tank is on E Sad
Waking up in the morning.
I like to talk about the news while we're watching the news... he would prefer I wait until commercials. Razz

I have a thing for silly reality TV shows... he has a thing for the History Channel. Embarrassed

He puts ketchup on his sandwiches... which makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Neutral Seriously... on meat & cheese sandwiches, on egg salad sandwiches, on tuna sandwiches... ketchup! Bleck! Blink

I eat pizza with a fork and knife... drives him bonkers! Laughing
Forget to put the driver seat back. I am 5'3 hubby is 6'2 so when I drive his truck I have to move the seat up and when I get out I forget to move the seat back, so when he gets in his truck he hits his knee's
(12-31-2012, 06:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: Waking up in the morning.

Breathing? Big Grin

My DH does what you do, Scrapper; he talks during the news. In fact, he talks all the time. I have to shush him when we watch tv. DRIVES ME CRAZY.