If Only........
The leftists narration of the LA gun buyback program was true. Think that your leftists talking heads will want to tell you guys they are full of shit? NAHHHH, they just keep feeding you more.Laughing

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/...hat-Wasn-t

Quote:Fake News: LAPD, Media Tout Rocket Launcher Seizure That Wasn't
[Image: 24d543p.jpg]
Quote:The L.A. Police Department had big news on December 27. They had seized a pair of rocket launchers! This, of course, would have been shocking news if only they really had found "rocket launchers" in the City of Angels.

As the LAPD's "gun buyback program" came to a close, Chief Charlie Beck had frightening news for his city. A pair of "rocket launchers" had been turned in.

Chief Beck proudly paraded the pair of launcher tubes at a press conference and gravely told those assembled, "Those are weapons of war, weapons of death. These are not hunting guns. These are not target guns...they have no place in our great city."

The media, of course, dutifully ran to press with the "news" of the dangerous weapons of war found on the streets of L.A.

Such outlets as NBC News pounced on the story. Unsurprisingly, so did the L.A. Times. Wire service UPI did, too. So did the New York Daily News.

L.A. Weekly was really in high dudgeon with writer Dennis Romero expressing his outrage.

"Cops picked up two--count 'em two--rocket launchers (!) (and not one, as other outlets are reporting), an LAPD official with close knowledge of the program told us. Holy hell why do people on our streets have military grade rocket launchers?"

That might seem like a good question.

Only one problem. The story is pure puffery. These so-called “rocket launchers” the LAPD recovered weren't a danger to anyone. In fact, at least one of them was never a danger to anyone.

It turns out both were one-use, AT-4 grenade launchers used by the U.S. Army in anti-tank operations. Yes they are grenade launchers (not really "rocket" launchers proper) but these tubes are pre-packaged weapons that can be fired only one time and cannot be reloaded. They are one-shot only weapons. So, yes, that means the tubes the police had were completely and permanently harmless.

But even more absurdly, at least one of the tubes was a training piece and never fired a grenade and never could have. It was a device used only for showing young soldiers what such a weapon looks like. It is a hands-on training tool that is 100% inert, un-fireable, safe as a plastic kid's toy gun.

As Paul Szoldra explains, "It is, quite literally, a long, green fiberglass tube that does nothing."

Further, these hunks of plastic can be bought at many military surplus stores and have even turned up on on eBay in the past.

What we really have here is the LAPD making a big story out of nothing and a gaggle of Old Media lapdogs lapping up the fake story because they haven't a clue about the topic.

Instead of the media giving us scary stories of rocket launchers infesting the streets of L.A., this story should have been reported as the LAPD trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the citizenry and the media alike.
Is the LAPD a leftist organization now?
I got to know The LAPD, playing Southern Oregon's golf courses. I was courted by The Country Club, when they thought I looked good for The Medal Of Honor. I could have been in, FOR FREE!!! and not troubled by assessments. That was the talk. I don't know if they gave retired cops out of California, that good an offer. But, the links here are sub stations, manned by the thieves, who looted California. The rich like having like minded thugs, close. I beat the crap out of them. Sometimes, with nothing but a five iron. And, cheated them, with impunity. They way they cheated their own commmunities. One day, and soon, I suspect, they will go to their pension funds, and find just what they deserve. (Jerry Brown can't carry these guys, forever). And, there'll be a little less trash on the course.
(01-06-2013, 10:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Is the LAPD a leftist organization now?

See that weasel standing next to the police chief? He's a leftist.
The whole police department must be leftist, according to your logic.
Dave Daniels, has that same kind of face. Steroids?
(01-06-2013, 10:44 AM)PonderThis Wrote: The whole police department must be leftist, according to your logic.

No, but the chief is. Even some of his officers want him out.

Look at the picture again. It's from May, 2012 during another gun buyback program. Looks like the leftists hacks forgot to edit out the word "TRAINER" on the tube.
How do you know it wasn't a rightie hack pulling one over on the LAPD?

And, what boss is universally loved?

It certainly is tedious to see you divide the world into lefty/righty all the time, you should know that.
Here's the problem. What did we pay for a throw away zip gun? That weapon is a crime committed against us by our own security establishment. This is the insanity that impoverishes so many of us. And, leaves a few, pretty well set. And, our children, dead in the sand.
Semantics. You guys think its a victory because it shot grenades and not stinger missiles.
It still woulda blowed stuff up real good. As I recall, the ones we shot were called LAWS and the shells had little fins on them. Too bad Simon's suspended or he could regale us with tales of all the ragheads whose blood he spilt.
(01-06-2013, 06:18 PM)bbqboy Wrote: It still woulda blowed stuff up real good.

How do you figure? Thet were empty shells that would never be harmful in any way. Thats not what was reported, but that is the fact pointed out in the OP.
(01-06-2013, 05:15 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It certainly is tedious to see you divide the world into lefty/righty all the time, you should know that.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Coming from YOU?????!!!!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
(01-06-2013, 06:34 PM)Larry Wrote:

How do you figure? Thet were empty shells that would never be harmful in any way. Thats not what was reported, but that is the fact pointed out in the OP.

When I first posted the buyback story, OL immediately posted a link on where to get the shells. You think they are anymore unavailable than other ammunition?
(01-06-2013, 06:40 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 06:34 PM)Larry Wrote:

When I first posted the buyback story, OL immediately posted a link on where to get the shells. You think they are anymore unavailable than other ammunition?

They are single use. That means they only work once. The link I posted then was for more USED launchers. Look at the one in the picture, it says TRAINER on it. It never worked.
How do you know a clever person couldn't have fabricated his own shell anyway, or used the working one as inspiration for his own line of rocket launchers? And, how do you know he couldn't have used the TRAINER one to practice for the real thing, same as the military does? For such a closet insurrectionist you don't seem very open to the possibilities here, irregardless of left/right issues.
(01-06-2013, 05:13 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 10:44 AM)PonderThis Wrote: The whole police department must be leftist, according to your logic.

Look at the picture again. It's from May, 2012 during another gun buyback program. Looks like the leftists hacks forgot to edit out the word "TRAINER" on the tube.

It also has the word, safe, on the tube. Obviously the chief never learned to read.
Well, then it's obvious. He must be a righty.
(01-06-2013, 07:51 PM)tornado Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 05:13 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

It also has the word, safe, on the tube. Obviously the chief never learned to read.

These guys eat that shit up, like flies to light.
(01-06-2013, 08:02 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, then it's obvious. He must be a righty.

It's obvious he's a leftists. He keeps parading the same launchers and lying about it, and expecting different results.
I've never heard of any such thing as leftist law enforcement before. Laughing