The LEARNING Channel???
[Image: 317897_400019440083666_1853849922_n.jpg]
Did I mention, that their three biggest shows, are bikers gone legit? I think I did. And, did I mention, that it'd be good if brokers, did the same?
I don't like to use the term trash, white or otherwise, but I must admit we tuned into Honey Boo-boo once and sat in amazement for about five minutes; mouths hanging open in disbelief.
Thankfully there were subtitles because I couldn't make out a word Honey Boo-boo was sayin'. The show didn't make any sense to me. All they did was build an outdoor pool and sit around eating chicken.
That's about all we could handle..
I'd rather watch my laundry dry.
I have to agree that these reality shows have little to do with white trash. My wife and granddaughter watch the Sister wives thing. There's nothing white trashy about the people on that show, Same with the Tiara show and 19 kids.

I suppose people could call the Honey boo boo family white trash but the father works hard and they are the happiest bunch you ever want to see.

My wife says Walmart sells giant bags of cheeses balls and someone has to buy themLaughingLaughing
(01-07-2013, 04:42 PM)Crazylace Wrote: I don't like to use the term trash, white or otherwise, but I must admit we tuned into Honey Boo-boo once and sat in amazement for about five minutes; mouths hanging open in disbelief.
Thankfully there were subtitles because I couldn't make out a word Honey Boo-boo was sayin'. The show didn't make any sense to me. All they did was build an outdoor pool and sit around eating chicken.

You're right, white trash is a pejorative that I shouldn't use.
My only excuse is, being from an Appalachian culture, I have a full grasp of what the term implies.
I remember our family driving through a coal mining town...people were living in houses that we could see light through cracks in the walls, yet there was a bright, new shiny Cadillac in front of the shanty.
I guess I should find another term for this particular culture.
(01-07-2013, 04:51 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-07-2013, 04:42 PM)Crazylace Wrote: I don't like to use the term trash, white or otherwise, but I must admit we tuned into Honey Boo-boo once and sat in amazement for about five minutes; mouths hanging open in disbelief.

You're right, white trash is a pejorative that I shouldn't use.
My only excuse is, being from an Appalachian culture, I have a full grasp of what the term implies.
I remember our family driving through a coal mining town...people were living in houses that we could see light through cracks in the walls, yet there was a bright, new shiny Cadillac in front of the shanty.
I guess I should find another term for this particular culture.

The same family upgraded could be trailer trashRazz OK maybe that's not funny. I think that being poor is not at all what makes people trashy.
I've been in a lot of peoples houses who were very poor but were not trashy at all. Mexican Americans are a good example.
To me trashy is all about peoples behavior. Such as spending all their money on a new car and living in squalor.
I used to have so friends that I swear if they lived next to me I would have moved. They were always screaming at each other and they always had dogs that barked incessantly.
Well..they're out of the McMansions. But, not back in the old single wide. Because it went for scrap. We really do have a bad situation here. And, whether they made it easy, or not, they are used victims. America is a crime, in progress.
Perhaps the powers that be at TLC would consider this guy for a mini series.....
"Man of Mace" maybe? And at a Cracker Barrel, no less....
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index...er_default
[Image: 12085998-small.jpg]

An Oregon City man is accused of spraying bear repellent towards a group of bicyclists during an argument in the parking lot of a store on Sauvie Island over the weekend.

Kenneth Lyle Tester, 68, was in his Ford F150 truck when he got into the alleged altercation with the group as they arrived about 12:30 p.m. Sunday into the lot of the Cracker Barrel store, 15005 N.W. Sauvie Island Rd., said Lt. Steve Alexander, a Multnomah County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Tester allegedly sprayed the repellent towards one male rider and then drove away.

Alexander said the spray may have hit other members of the bike group and the man who took the brunt of the repellent told deputies Tester bumped him with his truck as he was leaving. Authorities were called after the alleged incident took place.

Tester flagged down a deputy heading to the scene and he returned to the parking lot, Alexander said.

Tester was eventually arrested, booked into jail and later released. He pleaded not guilty in Multnomah County Circuit Court Monday to unlawful use of Mace and reckless endangerment.

He also faced an unlawful use of mace charge from a Sept. 2011 incident in Troutdale, according to court records. He pleaded guilty in November 2011, but the charge was dismissed a month later.
I got excited, because I thought Cracker Barrel had opened restaurants in Oregon! It took me a while to figure out there is a Cracker Barrel Grocery Store in Portland. That could be a reason the Cracker Barrel Store & Restaurant chain haven't come here, eh?

http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/e...RTNER_MENU
The Duggars are white trash?Unsure News to me.
(01-07-2013, 08:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote: The Duggars are white trash?Unsure News to me.

It's debatable if one is sticking to typical 'white trash' standards...
It could be easily exchanged for 'Hoarders'.
IMO, though, it's a funny thought.
Just a little humour for a Monday.
I like the Pawn Star guy. I get some insight, from a corner, where I'd least expect it. And, he's surprsingly human. Same as Mike Tyson.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCa0qrBRsgcPP8Eo7xoQz...bqi1-9FGbJ]

Watch the movie....
(01-07-2013, 02:11 PM)Clone Wrote: [Image: 317897_400019440083666_1853849922_n.jpg]

works good to detract from the real problem. muddy stuff even for sharks.