RIP Huell Howser
Quote:His platform was traditional and unflashy -- highlighting familiar and off-the-beaten-track spots all around California in public television series with titles such as "California's Gold," "Visiting," "Road Trip" and "Downtown." But though his shows were focused on points and people of interest, it was Howser who turned into the main attraction, tackling his subjects with an awestruck curiosity and relentless enthusiasm.
Topping it all off was a molasses-smooth Tennessee twang that gave an irresistibly folksy flavor to his frequent exclamations of "Oh my gosh" and "Isn't that amazing."

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/l...1100.story

Thank you, Mr. Howser. You'll always be part of California's gold. Smiling
He was fun to watch. I didn't catch him often, but I enjoyed what I watched.
(01-07-2013, 08:51 PM)Tiamat Wrote: He was fun to watch. I didn't catch him often, but I enjoyed what I watched.

I watched him through the years and was always entertained by his enthusiasm. Very cool video. Thanks for sharing Tia.
I was going to ask if he needed a driver. Crap. This changes everything. Was he gay? I guess, I'll never know. Or care. I loved the guy. From Bodie, to all points everywhere.