Book Recommendation
I actually cried in a couple places in this human story.
The story reveals a lot of information about Iranian lives and culture, but most importantly,
it reveals the resiliency of the human spirit and familial love.
I highly recommend this book. I will never forget this story.

[Image: 51Nml%2BcoDEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-st..._OU01_.jpg]

A country in chaos and a family torn asunder... In the midst of the upheaval and violence of Iran's 1979 revolution, a young girl struggles to make sense of a complex swirl of mystery and change.

In the novel, The Rose Hotel, Dr. Rahimeh Andalibian tells the true-life story of her Iranian Muslim family and two brutal crimes - one that her father solved and another of which her brother is accused.

The Iranian-born author takes us first into the early intimacy of her pious family as they lived in prosperity in their luxury hotel in Mashhad, Iran. Their life of beauty and tranquility is ruptured by revolution, followed by a fall from grace, as her homeland is forever altered and her family uprooted, first to London, and finally to California, where they suffer a different kind of revolution. Struggling to acculturate and adjust to a new host culture in America, they soon discover that although they escaped Iran, they were not free from their own lies and hidden truths.

Heartbreaking and intimately told, The Rose Hotel is a story of healing, rebirth after tragedy, and hard-won redemption.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Rose-Hotel-ebo...dalibian#_
Perhaps the the best aid, I ever worked with, was a lady from Afghanistan. Who came from wealth. And, saw her entire family killed. And, in her seventies, was a minimum wage nurses's aid, in a new land. She read from The Koran at each break. And, those in her care, were the most fortunate of patients. Allah was always right over her shoulder. Her constant companion.
(01-07-2013, 11:43 PM)Clone Wrote: I actually cried in a couple places in this human story.
The story reveals a lot of information about Iranian lives and culture, but most importantly,
it reveals the resiliency of the human spirit and familial love.
I highly recommend this book. I will never forget this story.

[Image: 51Nml%2BcoDEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-st..._OU01_.jpg]

A country in chaos and a family torn asunder... In the midst of the upheaval and violence of Iran's 1979 revolution, a young girl struggles to make sense of a complex swirl of mystery and change.

In the novel, The Rose Hotel, Dr. Rahimeh Andalibian tells the true-life story of her Iranian Muslim family and two brutal crimes - one that her father solved and another of which her brother is accused.

The Iranian-born author takes us first into the early intimacy of her pious family as they lived in prosperity in their luxury hotel in Mashhad, Iran. Their life of beauty and tranquility is ruptured by revolution, followed by a fall from grace, as her homeland is forever altered and her family uprooted, first to London, and finally to California, where they suffer a different kind of revolution. Struggling to acculturate and adjust to a new host culture in America, they soon discover that although they escaped Iran, they were not free from their own lies and hidden truths.

Heartbreaking and intimately told, The Rose Hotel is a story of healing, rebirth after tragedy, and hard-won redemption.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Rose-Hotel-ebo...dalibian#_

Glad you posted the review.
I recently read a blip about this and it looked interesting, if a bit dark. I've been reading too much police/detective/murder junk and need a change. (Just that trash reading is SO easy to escape in). Bye the by, recently watched "A Separation" the Iranian (Persian) film that got a lot of attention. Well done, I thought.