Shady Cove - Yes or No?
I've seen a couple of very reasonably priced mobile homes up there, very close to the river, even.

I've only been there once, I DID love that part of the Rogue River and the town seemed like a nice enough place.

Do all ya'll Jackson county residents feel it's too far from Medford?

It IS 22 miles and takes 37 minutes, apparently.

That doesn't seem all that far for once a week or so.

Have any of you ever toyed with the idea of living in Shady Cove?
I would do it. Smiling
I've always liked it up there.
(01-09-2013, 05:32 PM)tealeaf Wrote: I would do it. Smiling
I've always liked it up there.

Thanks, tealeaf
So many options....I realize there are very nice places to relocate to, then I remember my doctor and pharmacist, walking through Fred Meyer being greeted by name by employees....(sigh)
There aren't any traffic signals, yet. There is heavy drug use, and sales. The dentist has a sign out for walk-ins. http://www.southernoregon.com/shadycove/index.html
I have several friends that live out there and they seem to like it. Smiling
I had better let my friends out there know. They always like to know what riff raff might be coming their way.
(01-09-2013, 05:46 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: I had better let my friends out there know. They always like to know what riff raff might be coming their way.

This is solid gold riff raff, baby.Razz
(01-09-2013, 05:48 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 05:46 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: I had better let my friends out there know. They always like to know what riff raff might be coming their way.

This is solid gold riff raff, baby.Razz

Well, you're looking for a trailer. Honey Boo Boo doesn't even live in a trailer.
It vaguely seems like there's some water and sewage problems in Shady Cove. I'm hazy on the details though.
(01-09-2013, 06:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It vaguely seems like there's some water and sewage problems in Shady Cove. I'm hazy on the details though.
Yep. W/o water you got nothin..
(01-09-2013, 06:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It vaguely seems like there's some water and sewage problems in Shady Cove. I'm hazy on the details though.
(01-09-2013, 09:22 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:
I didn't have to say it twice..oops
I think it's nice up there Clone. You are very close to lots of nice areas. All the parks on the river. Lost creek lake. Union creek, prospect etc.

I have a friend who lives there and his water is too salty for his garden. Amazingly he has the same exact problem where he previously lived Sam's valley.:wacko:

And he bought both houses and didn't rent. Beats me How he doesn't seem to get his water tested, or doesn't read the test results.

Quote:Do all ya'll Jackson county residents feel it's too far from Medford?

It IS 22 miles and takes 37 minutes, apparently.

That doesn't seem all that far for once a week or so.

It is a dangerous section of highway. But once a week or so is no big deal.

You can if you want to stay off of 62 and take lower river road right out of S.C. to Dodge bridge and then either go left to agate road or right to Modoc or Antioch (whatever).
These are great cruising or motorcycle roads.Big Grin
I mean, it's nothing to look at...and it's small, but the tree is nice.
And if this guy has really done all this work, it's a steal!!
Check it out....don't laugh! Big Grin

http://medford.craigslist.org/reo/3476917369.html
$6,900 + $305/month + utilities.

Better than Ashland rental prices, I suppose. Not worth it for me, personally. But if it's worth it to you, it sounds fairly nice.
Where would your dog go potty?
It looks great to me. Compared to renting I don't know how you could go wrong.
Well, you still have to rent the space. And you don't have a landlord to pay for crap that goes wrong.
(01-09-2013, 09:59 PM)csrowan Wrote: $6,900 + $305/month + utilities.

Better than Ashland rental prices, I suppose. Not worth it for me, personally. But if it's worth it to you, it sounds fairly nice.

We pay $600 a month rent now...for ease in calculations, lets just say the space rent it an even $300. We already pay our own ulitilies...so...just by savings in rent alone, we would recoup our investment in less that two years.

This is funny, in a way. My sons would have a hissy fit.
Every time we've moved, the first question is how from the hospital is it?
On the other hand, don't tell them I said this, but sometimes a person needs that long ambulance ride to finish dying before they start hooking up the machines.
I see a dog crapping paradise right behind the little shedBig Grin

[Image: 3I43Nd3H15X05M65J3ccd076ce437db361cfd.jpg]