Shady Cove - Yes or No?
(01-09-2013, 10:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: Compared to renting I don't know how you could go wrong.

When the mobile home park is converted to new, higher paying purposes for that river front property and all the tenants are forced out, just for one example. When you get tired on living in your own long, narrow metal box in a line of long, narrow metal boxes for a potential other. When you wish you didn't live on a gravel driveway with everybody driving by you for a potential other. When new management changes the rules and you no longer can have your pet for a potential other.

I guess being a tenant in a mobile home park bothers me more than some. I've heard a lot of mobile home park horror stories.
I don't know, babe... you'd be out in BFE. A journey just to get to town for dinner out. I don't know.
(01-09-2013, 05:42 PM)tornado Wrote: There aren't any traffic signals, yet. There is heavy drug use, and sales. The dentist has a sign out for walk-ins. http://www.southernoregon.com/shadycove/index.html

Shady cove needs traffic signals??Unsure
(01-09-2013, 10:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't know, babe... you'd be out in BFE. A journey just to get to town for dinner out. I don't know.

There ARE places to go out for dinner.
Shady Cove is really beautiful, at least in the summer.
Hubby and I just had a talk and decided that, sure, Shady Cove could possibly be doable, but we need at least two bedroom.
Right now, we can't have family get togethers here because of limited space.
If we're going to move, and we truly will, it HAS to be a nice place where my kids can come visit in pairs or threes, not just one.

I love talking stuff over with you guys...it's making me see different sides of things and I appreciate the feedback.

When we finally find the place, if you're even interested, we'll host a barbeque for all ya'll. Big Grin
(01-09-2013, 04:52 PM)Clone Wrote: I've seen a couple of very reasonably priced mobile homes up there, very close to the river, even.

I've only been there once, I DID love that part of the Rogue River and the town seemed like a nice enough place.

Do all ya'll Jackson county residents feel it's too far from Medford?

It IS 22 miles and takes 37 minutes, apparently.

That doesn't seem all that far for once a week or so.

Have any of you ever toyed with the idea of living in Shady Cove?

Truth is, lots of people commute and it's not that far out. Eagle Point is close and it has a super Walmart and a Spam festival!
Okay, even I find mobile homes boring and monotonous, but look at this baby in White City! How cool is this???????

[Image: 1978-concord-026.jpg]

http://medford.craigslist.org/reb/3504815017.html

$400 per month space rent, though. Sad
(01-09-2013, 10:07 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 10:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: Compared to renting I don't know how you could go wrong.

When the mobile home park is converted to new, higher paying purposes for that river front property and all the tenants are forced out, just for one example. When you get tired on living in your own long, narrow metal box in a line of long, narrow metal boxes for a potential other. When you wish you didn't live on a gravel driveway with everybody driving by you for a potential other. When new management changes the rules and you no longer can have your pet for a potential other.

I guess being a tenant in a mobile home park bothers me more than some. I've heard a lot of mobile home park horror stories.

You forgot to mention the apocalypse, an asteroid hitting the park or finding out the park was built on a grave yard and poltergeists running amokLaughing
Seriously although your points are valid I think you are mostly a tad paranoid.

The first home I ever purchased was a mobile home.I worked out great for the wife and I. Instead of leaving and probably losing the cleaning deposit like is par for the course we left with 2200 bucks and this was back when that was worth what today would be about 8800.
When I moved to Oregon I had to rent again. For YEARSSad I threw away a boatload of money on rent before I told my wife that we were done renting even if we had to buy land and live under visqueen on the side of a hill.
No kidding those were my exact words. My wife agreed.
What we ended up buying was not much better than visqueen on the side of a hill.
But a thousand times better than renting. That's what I meant by saying Compared to renting I don't know how you could go wrong
Smiling
(01-09-2013, 10:36 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 10:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't know, babe... you'd be out in BFE. A journey just to get to town for dinner out. I don't know.

There ARE places to go out for dinner.
Shady Cove is really beautiful, at least in the summer.
Hubby and I just had a talk and decided that, sure, Shady Cove could possibly be doable, but we need at least two bedroom.
Right now, we can't have family get togethers here because of limited space.
If we're going to move, and we truly will, it HAS to be a nice place where my kids can come visit in pairs or threes, not just one.

I love talking stuff over with you guys...it's making me see different sides of things and I appreciate the feedback.

When we finally find the place, if you're even interested, we'll host a barbeque for all ya'll. Big Grin

Are you sure that unit isn't a two bedroom? It looks like a 12X60 I think they all have two bedrooms.
Ya know for the extra cash you need to purchase a place big enough for guests and the money it would take to heat and cool the extra sq footage.
You could pay for the kids to stay in a motel close by.
Shady Cove is an hour from Huckleberry Gap. That ought to be an important consideration.