Guns Guns Guns and more Guns... Everything that's Guns!
(08-07-2019, 12:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Mass shootings prompt foreign countries to issue US travel warnings

https://www.kron4.com/news/world/mass-sh...-warnings/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's just stupid. 102 People die in automobile crashes every single day
 So far this year there have been 131 people killed in mass shootings. There are 366,000,000  people in the USA.

So what are the odds someone only visiting will be shot?? Off the charts. People might just as well worry about a meteorite landing on their dome.
Actually... this is from a personal friend of mine who absolutely knows what she's taking about.

"Regarding the title of this article: If the shoe fits.... These numbers will floor you. If they don’t, I can’t even respond to you.
From 1982-2016, there were 31 mass shootings in the United States. 31. Remember that number.
Under Trump admin, in 2017 alone, there were 273 mass shootings. Including 4 schools, various churches, and events where gays, religious groups and ethnic people gathered according to the Gun Violence Archive. They define a “mass shooting” as “four or more” gunshot victims, not including the shooter.
In the first month of 2018, there were 11 school shootings, and overall mass shootings number 346.
Thus far, in 2019, there have been 251 as of today, Aug 4th.
All available data shows that these instances of violence happen regularly and remain largely absent in national media under the present administration unless the numbers of people/students warrants coverage. Much of the coverage is locale related. Not National.
This amount of mass shootings in our country is beyond abhorrent! Trump and our Senate continue to offer their ‘thoughts and prayers’ while skirting, or rejecting, any action to delve into gun oversight. The majority of U.S. citizens want action to do more to curb gun violence in the United States. Instead, he loosened laws for mentally ill."

https://www.moneypowergreed.com/2551/mas...ent-trump/

(08-07-2019, 05:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Mass shootings prompt foreign countries to issue US travel warnings

https://www.kron4.com/news/world/mass-sh...-warnings/

That's just stupid. 102 People die in automobile crashes every single day
 So far this year there have been 131 people killed in mass shootings. There are 366,000,000  people in the USA.

So what are the odds someone only visiting will be shot?? Off the charts. People might just as well worry about a meteorite landing on their dome.

Do the math, there are  366,000,000-131= 365,999,869 people in the USA.
(08-07-2019, 05:09 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Actually... this is from a personal friend of mine who absolutely knows what she's taking about.

"Regarding the title of this article: If the shoe fits....  These numbers will floor you. If they don’t, I can’t even respond to you.
From 1982-2016, there were 31 mass shootings in the United States. 31. Remember that number.
Under Trump admin, in 2017 alone, there were 273 mass shootings. Including 4 schools, various churches, and events where gays, religious groups and ethnic people gathered according to the Gun Violence Archive. They define a “mass shooting” as “four or more” gunshot victims, not including the shooter.
In the first month of 2018, there were 11 school shootings, and overall mass shootings number 346.
Thus far, in 2019, there have been 251 as of today, Aug 4th.
All available data shows that these instances of violence happen regularly and remain largely absent in national media under the present administration unless the numbers of people/students warrants coverage. Much of the coverage is locale related. Not National.
This amount of mass shootings in our country is beyond abhorrent! Trump and our Senate continue to offer their ‘thoughts and prayers’ while skirting, or rejecting, any action to delve into gun oversight.  The majority of U.S. citizens want action to do more to curb gun violence in the United States. Instead, he loosened laws for mentally ill."

https://www.moneypowergreed.com/2551/mas...ent-trump/

They define a “mass shooting” as “four or more” gunshot victims, not including the shooter.
  . That means billy bob pulls a gun and shoots at Joe blow and his three buddies when they try and steal his heroin. They all live and that's a mass shooting?

Or some gang banger sees 4 other bangers in his territory so he throws lead in their direction . One dead, three injured and it's a mass shooting?

A man kills his wife and three kids and that's mass shooting.

I think there should be some kind of name for a "mass shooting" when some nut trues to kill as many people as he can.
Because when people hear the word mass shooting that is what they think of. And anti gun people have zero problem trying to make it seem like there are more nuts randomly shooting people then there actually are.