Guns Guns Guns and more Guns... Everything that's Guns!
(05-25-2018, 05:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 08:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Detectives told 21 News the man placed a revolver in the broiler section of the oven to keep it safe.
A woman who lives at the home then started using the oven to cook when the gun went off, according to police.
Detectives said the man was in the basement at the time and did not know the woman was cooking.
When he heard the first shot, he ran upstairs and tried to get the gun out of the oven, but it was too hot.
It fired again, striking him twice, according to police.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/38253171/warre...n-his-oven

That story is impossible. I guess the gun could have fired once when the bullet fired because of the heat.
But it's a revolver. The second time it fired the bullet would not be in line with the barrel. It would just be in the cylinder.
Most likely the bullets exploded and the guy was hit with parts of the bullets or something.

I suspected that the bullets on the side exploded first.  The one in the barrel would take longer to heat up.

[Image: revolver-myths-2.jpg]
Yeah that makes sense. But it still doesn't make sense that when he tried to get it out of the oven "It fired again, striking him twice, according to police."

But I guess a bullet exploded and he was hit with two fragments.

I always thought it was funny that people assume if you throw rounds of ammunition in a fire the bullets would shoot out.
Seems to me according to the laws of physics the heavier lead bullet would stay and the lighter shell would be the one taking off. Laughing

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guns Guns Guns and more Guns... Everything that's Guns! - by tvguy - 05-25-2018, 06:29 PM