Guns Guns Guns and more Guns... Everything that's Guns!
(07-11-2019, 09:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 06:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 02:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 10:19 PM)Juniper Wrote: I was on a different forum and this post was made. It said it was from "gunpowder magazine" and was part of the culture war on guns.

Quote:Have you had the experience of going to your doctor for a particular problem, let’s say headaches, and been surprised by the doctor asking you about a completely unrelated subject — whether you have a gun in your home?

It’s no accident that doctors’ or health plans’ questions about guns in your home have become routine. In the 1980s and 1990s medical professional organizations declared a culture war on gun ownership in America. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) developed an official policy urging pediatricians to probe their young patients’ parents about guns in their homes.

Claiming only to be concerned about “gun safety”, the latest code term for gun control, the AAP pushed its member doctors to advise families to get rid of their guns. One of the authors of the original AAP anti-gun policy, Dr. Katherine Christoffel, was quoted in an AMA journal as saying “Guns are a virus that must be eradicated.”

Sounds kind a BS to  me, but in general, I am adverse to giving too much personal information to anyone who is seeking it, including doctors unless it is necessary.  I don't feel that everything I do, including how many drinks I may have in a week or whether or not I smoke MJ needs to be shared.

It's possible there is some truth to it. I wonder how many pediatricians have asked families to get rid of their swimming pools? More children drown than are killed by guns.
And a swimming pool will never protect a family from harm where as a gun possibly will.

Shit... we raised three kids (and half the neighborhood kids) with a pool and lots of guns at our house. No one died.

I just don't like the data collecting. Because everything is so connected now...it shows up years later.  I can't think of a specific example but I know it's happened to me before, so now, no matter what the question is, I usually just give the one I think is the most "appropriate" one. The one they want to hear.

Who is asking? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guns Guns Guns and more Guns... Everything that's Guns! - by tvguy - 07-11-2019, 09:43 PM