Would YOU Support This?
There's a bigger bottom line here at stake. Smiling
(01-12-2013, 03:31 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 03:27 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 03:24 PM)PonderThis Wrote: No group that pushes religious beliefs on impressionable young minds is ethical.

But it works to stop violence and death. Something all your fantasies about gun control has never achieved. They even promote a healthy family lifestyle.

So do secular programs.

What the other side forgets is that the Constitutions separation of church and state forbids funding programs, no matter how good that are religiously based.

It is bad enough that churches are not taxed and are now, against tax exemption laws politically active but to demand children listen to, what most think of as bullshit in order to be helped is downright evil.
(01-13-2013, 01:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: I would support any existing group with a proven track record of stopping gang violence and or stopping kids from joining gangs.

And I don't give a damn if they push religion while they do this. Silly me I look at the bottom line which is saving lives.
You anti Christians Zealots apparently don't care about the bottom line and much as you care about the horror of spreading Christianity?

Because not wanting the federal government to fund or endorse a religious institution is the same as being an anti-Christian zealot...

Did you completely and totally miss the part where I never, ever said that I was against this group, only that I would rather see tax dollars go to another group that does the exact same thing but without religion?
I'm not a big fan Of AA and their branches. But, I'm a big supporter. They have about as good a track record as any. They advise you accept that the power of a higher being, can help. And, no two suited hustlers are sent to us, by them, with their hands out.