Leonard's Many Thread Topics
I think maybe Len hires a staff to help with choosing Topic titles. I expect one day to see him post "The beauty of posting Topics,, and you can do it too".

Then maybe Comedy Central.

The U.S Senate.

Queen for a day.

This is your life.

And to think it all started here, right on our little RVF!

We are blessed.
He's posting new topics, I give him that! While I disagree with many of them, he does his part to keep this place from dying, that's for sure.
(01-16-2013, 09:48 AM)BeerMe Wrote: He's posting new topics, I give him that! While I disagree with many of them, he does his part to keep this place from dying, that's for sure.

That he does.
I was having a bit of fun at his expense, but agree with your comments.
It seems to me that there is a lot of hate inside of him that needs an outlet. I ignore MOST of it.
Are you encouraging the rest of us to post more topics? Sometimes I try to post in an existing topic when what I have to say is related, if only a little to an existing topic, but I can start new topics too especially if we are going to have a contest. Smiling
(01-16-2013, 10:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Are you encouraging the rest of us to post more topics? Sometimes I try to post in an existing topic when what I have to say is related, if only a little to an existing topic, but I can start new topics too especially if we are going to have a contest. Smiling

Sure! Post away!! You will win 1 count towards your 'post count' for each topic started!Razz
(01-16-2013, 10:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Are you encouraging the rest of us to post more topics? Sometimes I try to post in an existing topic when what I have to say is related, if only a little to an existing topic, but I can start new topics too especially if we are going to have a contest. Smiling

I'm guessing this is directed at me, and not Larry although it follows Larry's post.

My view: No, I'm not suggesting we post more topics. I agree that remarks within an existing topic works best. (Assuming it is relevant of course). While I don't see any harm in posting new Topics by the hundreds, it does clutter the place up a bit. Still, not that hard to sift through the muck.

I was just trying to have a bit of fun with someone who does post a lot of different topics, most of which are in the same vein. But, no harm, no foul.
(01-16-2013, 10:29 AM)BeerMe Wrote:

Sure! Post away!! You will win 1 count towards your 'post count' for each topic started!Razz

If the owner of this site gave the number one topic starter a gift certificate for lunch, I would start a lot of new topics. Post counts don't do much for me. Smiling
(01-16-2013, 10:33 AM)Wonky Wrote: I was just trying to have a bit of fun with someone who does post a lot of different topics, most of which are in the same vein. But, no harm, no foul.

I don't see that. Sure, they may point out problems or issues that are going on in America, often in politics, but that's about the only 'same vein' that I see.

He posts news and commentary articles, which each delve into a specific subject, topic, person or event. Sometimes I learn something I didn't know. Sometimes I'm reminded of something I've half forgotten. Often I find it intellectually stimulating whether I agree with it or not.

In my opinion, the main reason people here think there's a theme to his posts is because tvguy can't stop bashing Leonard for posting anything that possibly suggests that the US isn't perfect. And Leonard likes to post things that talk about myriad issues happening in the US.
(01-16-2013, 10:44 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 10:33 AM)Wonky Wrote: I was just trying to have a bit of fun with someone who does post a lot of different topics, most of which are in the same vein. But, no harm, no foul.

I don't see that. Sure, they may point out problems or issues that are going on in America, often in politics, but that's about the only 'same vein' that I see.

He posts news and commentary articles, which each delve into a specific subject, topic, person or event. Sometimes I learn something I didn't know. Sometimes I'm reminded of something I've half forgotten. Often I find it intellectually stimulating whether I agree with it or not.

In my opinion, the main reason people here think there's a theme to his posts is because tvguy can't stop bashing Leonard for posting anything that possibly suggests that the US isn't perfect. And Leonard likes to post things that talk about myriad issues happening in the US.

Good points, all.
Even more to the point, we (I) don't have to read and respond. Good to have the choice.
I meant no malice. I happened to notice at a particular moment that most of the posts when I used the View New Posts feature were from Leonard.
I wish now I had resisted the impulse. Wink
Well Wonky I will be taking a vacation from RVF as there seems to be more interest in personalities than the topics presented.

Besides it is the same excruciatingly dull, mind numbing personal attacks day after day, week after week and month after month that is most probably the reason the place has dwindled down to a precious few.

And no amount of monitoring by the owners will raise the level of discourse when you have people that just come here to take a dump.
Don't let the door....oh, nevermind.

Come back soon! Smiling
(01-16-2013, 11:12 AM)Leonard Wrote: Well Wonky I will be taking a vacation from RVF as there seems to be more interest in personalities than the topics presented.

Besides it is the same excruciatingly dull, mind numbing personal attacks day after day, week after week and month after month that is most probably the reason the place has dwindled down to a precious few.

And no amount of monitoring by the owners will raise the level of discourse when you have people that just come here to take a dump.

Hey Leonard, we can take vacations from the RVF at the same time. I plan to start mine a few days after the Presidential inauguration. Lets say we give this place two weeks to miss us.SmilingWink
(01-16-2013, 11:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 11:12 AM)Leonard Wrote: Well Wonky I will be taking a vacation from RVF as there seems to be more interest in personalities than the topics presented.

Hey Leonard, we can take vacations from the RVF at the same time. I plan to start mine a few days after the Presidential inauguration. Lets say we give this place two weeks to miss us.SmilingWink
Why do we have to spend millions on another big shin dig inauguration for someone that is already in office? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me. (and if Obama decided to tone it down a bit, it sure would make him look good.)
(01-16-2013, 11:31 AM)broadzilla Wrote:

Why do we have to spend millions on another big shin dig inauguration for someone that is already in office? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me.
Tradition my dear. Both Republican and Democrats get to Inaugurate their president every four years. Bush got to do it in style twice too.
(01-16-2013, 11:35 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 11:31 AM)broadzilla Wrote:

Why do we have to spend millions on another big shin dig inauguration for someone that is already in office? Seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me.
Tradition my dear. Both Republican and Democrats get to Inaugurate their president every four years. Bush got to do it in style twice too.

...and that was a waste of money too!Wink

I, for one, will miss you both. Even when I'm talking about something we may not agree on.
(01-16-2013, 11:39 AM)csrowan Wrote:

I, for one, will miss you both. Even when I'm talking about something we may not agree on.

May I please add my sincere like feelings to the above. Leonard, I've been a burr under your saddle forever, but I never meant it to be personal. You are attentive to the social and political offerings going on in in the world around us, and that has been valuable. It's my problem that I simply can't keep up. I hope you will take a holiday and return to us refreshed and willing to post with both hands.

Clete, you are a gentleman and a scholar, and we would never survive more than a month without you. So, fly to the sun if you must, eat fish that has no name, ogle the native girls, and drink funny drinks with umbrellas in the glass. Return to us, go on a diet, get to know your dog again, and post pictures.

Is it going to be a small vacation or a permanent one. To be honest you and I do not see eye to eye, but I hope you do not think I have attacked you. You seem like a ok person. Don't let people run you off stick around you never know you might be able to change someones mind.
(01-16-2013, 04:37 PM)blondemom Wrote:

Is it going to be a small vacation or a permanent one. To be honest you and I do not see eye to eye, but I hope you do not think I have attacked you. You seem like a ok person. Don't let people run you off stick around you never know you might be able to change someones mind.

Your left handed comment; "You seem like a ok* person" is an insult that is disguised as a compliment and very typical of half the people that inhabit this forum.

So lest anyone think this vacation is due to personal attacks, let me assure you that is not the case.

I decided to drop RVF because it offers little in the way of dialogue on topics I find interesting and want to discuss, so am moving on to an international forum where these serious issues facing mankind are not treated with disdain, triteness and where personal attacks on forum members will get you removed faster than you can say fuck you.

Life is too short to waste any of it on frivolous name calling and mean spirited jocularity, something that is all too common on this site and certainly why it is dwindled down to about 13 people; and now there is one less.

*Satisfactory but not exceptionally or especially good: "the flight was OK".