statement. “Unfortunately,
Hannah’s closed its doors …
due to non-support for this
family-owned and operated
business. We had banked on
the support of our community
(and) surrounding communities
for growth and success.

Had their food quality matched their prices, they would have succeeded. However, the two times we ate there, we didn't enjoy the service OR the food for what we paid. Their drinks were ridiculously priced too. Oh, well. They've obviously seen this coming and have opened a drive through in Medford back in August.

Quote:The family opened a drivethru-
style restaurant, Hannah’s
BBQ and Catfish, in
Medford in August. Gift certificates
can be redeemed at
that business at 1924 Elm St.,
Hannah said.
we discussed this previously. Seems like Southern cooking and Grants Pass politics would be a match made in heaven.
I missed it. Sorry for the duplicate post. Just read it today in the Discourager.
It was in the RV food thread, but mainly discussed the new location, which also sucks.
Perfectly fine with me to discuss it here. They sound sorta bitchy in that quote from the DC.
With as many places as there are to eat in GP, seems like folks would go the extra mile. As I stated in the other thread, they should have moved to Ashland or Talent to grab the tourist trade. A drive through former coffee place with catfish sounds just as displaced as the original.
The food was not good and the prices were too high. I know Clone liked them and I tried to like them, but I am not into paying 14 dollars for mediocre to bad food. My friend has an interview for a job with the owners of new place that plans to open there and I will check them out when they open and try to support them.
I think even Clone came to not like them. I went there with her a couple or three times and it just was not very good or worth it either one. The best experience was a Sunday brunch one time, and even that wasn't especially wonderful for the price.
BUT THE COMMUNITY WAS SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT THEM!!!! They had banked on it. (where's that roll eyes emoticon)
That's an arrogant assumption for any business owner to make.
I enjoyed it a time or two when they first opened, but the quality of the food and service spiraled rapidly, it seemed to me.
Too high priced on food and drinks both, for the quality.
You can't get anything you want, at Hannah's Restaurant.
This woman had a fairly successful catering company and sold absolutely FABULOUS baked goods.

The fabulous baked good selection kept getting narrower and narrower in the restaurant's big glass case.

I don't think she has ever looked at herself and her family and asked: "What can we do to make it better?"

When a patron comes to dinner to have fried okra, she should have fried okra.

My hairdresser took a friend there TWICE to get alligator and they came up zero on both occasions.

Instead, she blames the community.

I hope a good restaurant moves in...it's a wonderful location.
(01-17-2013, 04:55 PM)Clone Wrote: ...it's a wonderful location.

But, but, but... I thought someone said it was in Grants Pass. Confused
(01-17-2013, 04:55 PM)Clone Wrote: This woman had a fairly successful catering company and sold absolutely FABULOUS baked goods.

The fabulous baked good selection kept getting narrower and narrower in the restaurant's big glass case.

I don't think she has ever looked at herself and her family and asked: "What can we do to make it better?"

When a patron comes to dinner to have fried okra, she should have fried okra.

My hairdresser took a friend there TWICE to get alligator and they came up zero on both occasions.

Instead, she blames the community.

I hope a good restaurant moves in...it's a wonderful location.

I'm not so sure it's in a wonderful location. It's tricky to navigate into the lot.
I think Clone is talking about their old Grants Pass location, and you are talking about their Medford location.
(01-17-2013, 07:25 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: But, but, but... I thought someone said it was in Grants Pass. Confused

Ha!
Sometimes the folks in Grants Pass can get on your last nerve, but it
has some very nice scenery. Smiling

Taprock, Rivers Edge and R Haus having the best views, but, please don't eat at R Haus, you'll really hate Grants Pass. The brunch is 'okay'.

Hannahs Steam Laundry is just a beautiful building! The dark wood bar and the glass room being particularly appealing. Big Grin

Of course, who knows what these people took when they left.
(01-17-2013, 04:55 PM)tornado Wrote: You can't get anything you want, at Hannah's Restaurant.

Yea, but can you sing it?
(01-17-2013, 07:50 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I'm not so sure it's in a wonderful location. It's tricky to navigate into the lot.

I meant the old location.
The historic brick building is called 'The Steam Laundry'.
These folks spent a fortune doing the inside.
It was absolutely stunning.