Tina Turner Turns in U.S. Passport
There really are folks who think there are better, more suitable countries in which to reside Surprised Laughing

Quote:What's Switzerland got to do with it? Everything, says American pop star Tina Turner, who loves her adopted home on the shores of Lake Zurich so much, she's decided to give up her U.S. citizenship and go full Swiss. "I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here...I cannot imagine a better place to live," Turner told a German language paper. The singer is still waiting on federal authorities to approve her application for a Swiss passport but plans to give up her American one once she gets it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2013...sport.html
I think it's awesome that she has found the place that is home to her. And can afford the move.
Many Americans find homes elsewhere. And many 'others' find homes here.
America, the US, is an awesome place, IMO, and I'm happy here.
I have lived in other countries and was content, but they were never home.
I must say, I would love to visit Switzerland.
She's lived there for over 15 years with her a loved one. She didn't just decide to jump and move there last year. Bet she did it because of taxes though.
(01-26-2013, 09:33 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: She's lived there for over 15 years with her a loved one. She didn't just decide to jump and move there last year. Bet she did it because of taxes though.

Hogwash, she like Josephine Baker before her prefer to live in a country where half the population does not think of them as ''niggers'' and where they are accepted without reservations.

Changing citizenship is a very serious thing to do and says something, more than words can describe about the county they've abandon.

More than a few Americans chose to live abroad, especially those with children because there is less violence, a complex society and a more sophisticated* people.

The world is getting smaller and smaller and though I chose to live in Williams, Oregon I can understand why they left.

* Aware of and able to interpret complex issues; subtle.
(01-26-2013, 10:29 AM)Leonard Wrote:
(01-26-2013, 09:33 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: She's lived there for over 15 years with her a loved one. She didn't just decide to jump and move there last year. Bet she did it because of taxes though.

Hogwash, she like Josephine Baker before her prefer to live in a country where half the population does not think of them as ''niggers'' and where they are accepted without reservations.

Changing citizenship is a very serious thing to do and says something, more than words can describe about the county they've abandon.

More than a few Americans chose to live abroad, especially those with children because there is less violence, a complex society and a more sophisticated* people.

The world is getting smaller and smaller and though I chose to live in Williams, Oregon I can understand why they left.

Her long term german lover was transferred there over 15 years ago, she moved there with him then. If it was so great, why didn't she do it sooner? Taxes

Never fails. What makes you half of our population thinks of them as "niggers"? Always with the darkest most bleak outlook towards this country?
I wonder what your REAL problem is?

Name another country of mostly whites with a black president.

It's funny how you decide like you really know that Tina Turner a super rich BLACK women who made a fortune in this country with a black president.....
Moved away to escape violence". From whom? Could it possibly be the 13% of black Americans who make up nearly half of our prison population?

Nahhh go ahead and blame any and every problem on ALL Americans. According to you I guess you're the exception. The rest of us are fat stupid ignorant greedy war mongers violent racists.
(01-26-2013, 10:47 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Her long term german lover was transferred there over 15 years ago, she moved there with him then. If it was so great, why didn't she do it sooner? Taxes

Nonsense, her taxes would be like Romney, less that 15% if she stayed in the US. Her decision to give up her US citizenship after living 15 years abroad was obviously based on where she felt the most comfortable and that is not the USA.

And Switzerland is not only heaven on earth; Cyprus, Greneda, Vanuatu, Belize, Gibraltar, Andorra, British Virgin Islands, Lichtenstein, Dubai to name a few and Gerard Depardieu gave up his French citizenship, over taxes for Russia.
(01-26-2013, 11:18 AM)Leonard Wrote: Her decision to give up her US citizenship after living 15 years abroad was obviously based on where she felt the most comfortable and that is not the USA.

"Most comfortable", Ya think?? But in your last post it was because of violence and racism and not enough "sophisticated people" in this vile country.
Got it.:wacko: