How Does Your State Excel/Not Excel
A fairly irrelevant map for your lightweight Sunday perusal Smiling
===========================

How Does Your State Excel?

[Image: Enviro_Good_Map.jpg]

How Does Your State Not Excel?

[Image: Enviro_Bad_Map.jpg]

https://upworthy-production.s3.amazonaws...ad_Map.jpg

(of course, Alaska has the most airports...much of the state has no connecting roads! Duh!)
(01-27-2013, 11:08 AM)Clone Wrote: A fairly irrelevant map for your lightweight Sunday perusal Smiling

[Image: Enviro_Good_Map.jpg]

How Does Your State Not Excel?

[Image: Enviro_Bad_Map.jpg]

https://upworthy-production.s3.amazonaws...ad_Map.jpg

(of course, Alaska has the most airports...much of the state has no connecting roads! Duh!)

Seems to me The most airports is an odd thing to use to illustrate why Alaska does not excel.
IMO they might have stated the sad fact that the Alaskan natives have some of the highest suicide rates in the world.
(01-27-2013, 11:15 AM)tvguy Wrote: Seems to me The most airports is an odd thing to use to illustrate why Alaska does not excel.
IMO they might have stated the sad fact that the Alaskan natives have some of the highest suicide rates in the world.

I know...they find airports particularly polluting?
Or they've never seen rush hour at the Anchorage seaplane airport?
Many people live out on lakes with no roads to their homes...they fly in
to work every morning...it'a fun to watch them all coming in to work or going
home. Smiling
(01-27-2013, 11:08 AM)Clone Wrote: A fairly irrelevant map for your lightweight Sunday perusal Smiling

<Snip Maps>

I find it curious that Florida has more boat accidents than Nebraska. Most people in Florida are way to old to get on a boat. People in Nebraska remain tough and mobile way into their later years, and go to to lakes to fish for Crappie, from boats.

But you did say that this is "A fairly irrelevant map for your lightweight Sunday perusal Smiling". With that in mind, I will now catch my flight to Nebraska to do a little Crappie fishing.
(01-27-2013, 11:31 AM)Wonky Wrote:

<Snip Maps>

I find it curious that Florida has more boat accidents than Nebraska. Most people in Florida are way to old to get on a boat. People in Nebraska remain tough and mobile way into their later years, and go to to lakes to fish for Crappie, from boats.

But you did say that this is "A fairly irrelevant map for your lightweight Sunday perusal Smiling". With that in mind, I will now catch my flight to Nebraska to do a little Crappie fishing.

I'm with you I seriously doubt the accuracy of some of these claims. Like Colorado having the most avalanche deaths. Helloo! maybe that's because more people drive an Avalanche in Colorardo.
(01-27-2013, 11:58 AM)tvguy Wrote: I'm with you I seriously doubt the accuracy of some of these claims. Like Colorado having the most avalanche deaths. Helloo! maybe that's because more people drive an Avalanche in Colorardo.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
(01-27-2013, 12:02 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 11:58 AM)tvguy Wrote: I'm with you I seriously doubt the accuracy of some of these claims. Like Colorado having the most avalanche deaths. Helloo! maybe that's because more people drive an Avalanche in Colorardo.

We gotta admit he gets off a good 'un now and then.
(01-27-2013, 12:05 PM)Wonky Wrote:

I admit it, I admit it. Ninja
(01-27-2013, 12:10 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 12:05 PM)Wonky Wrote:

I admit it, I admit it. Ninja

Still, I think his wife feeds him these lines. Razz
(01-27-2013, 11:31 AM)Wonky Wrote:

<Snip Maps>

According to Crappie.com, you're full of crap(pie)
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crap...shing.html
I love many parts of Pennsylvania...but most dams in need of repair is not a comforting thought.
(01-27-2013, 12:45 PM)Clone Wrote: I love many parts of Pennsylvania...but most dams in need of repair is not a comforting thought.

History should teach us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnstown_Flood
Boy, are you nostalgic today, wonky.