Television Shows!
My wife was at Bi-Mart Friday am. So I have a new 55 in RCA TV and so does my SIL at $299 each.
She was there at 4:45 and was third in line.They only had 4 TV's for that price and we got two LOL.
So Woohoo, my wife is the bomb.
(11-25-2017, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: My wife was at Bi-Mart Friday am. So I have a new 55 in RCA TV and so does my SIL at $299 each.
She was there at 4:45 and was third in line.They only had 4 TV's for that price and we got two LOL.

Sad I don't have a room 55" wide.
(11-25-2017, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: My wife was at Bi-Mart Friday am. So I have a new 55 in RCA TV and so does my SIL at $299 each.

Good for you.  I can't stand black friday shopping. I won't do it.  In fact, I didn't even have Thanksgiving this year. That was more circumstantial. I WANTED to do it, but it didn't happen, but black friday? Never!  I went shopping for food today at 3.00 pm, very dead out there. Perfect!
(11-25-2017, 07:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Good for you.  I can't stand black friday shopping. I won't do it.  In fact, I didn't even have Thanksgiving this year. That was more circumstantial. I WANTED to do it, but it didn't happen, but black friday? Never!  I went shopping for food today at 3.00 pm, very dead out there. Perfect!
I'm with you...wild horses couldn't drag me out on Black Friday. 
And I hope to live long enough that ANYONE who shops on Thanksgiving gets booed so often and loudly that the shame lingers until Easter.
For anyone who cares:
MOODY BLUES, live in concert (well, live when taped  Wink ) on your local PBS TV Station Dec 1st, 9:30 PM. 

Yes...I care.  Smiling
(11-29-2017, 07:46 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: For anyone who cares:
MOODY BLUES, live in concert (well, live when taped  Wink ) on your local PBS TV Station Dec 1st, 9:30 PM. 

Yes...I care.  Smiling

I think it will be from their 1017 tour. I'll be recording it so i don't have to listen to the begging.
Moody Blues are still VERY good but I think I have a concert of theirs that's not older than a year or so already.
I would guess this will be more of the same.
(11-29-2017, 08:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes...I care.  Smiling

I think it will be from their 1017 tour. I'll be recording it so i don't have to listen to the begging.
Moody Blues are still VERY good but I think I have a concert of their's that's not older than a year or so already.

Damn, they've been around longer then I thought!   Big Grin
(11-29-2017, 08:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Yes...I care.  Smiling

Moody Blues are still VERY good but I think I have a concert of theirs that's not older than a year or so already.

Razz Razz They played for King Arthur I think
(11-29-2017, 08:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes...I care.  Smiling

Oh yea. They released "Days of future past" in 1967.
Ronald Reagan was inaugurated as GOVERNOR  OF CALIFORNIA
Twiggy became a media darling. 
Detroit burned with the "riots of 1967". 
"Cool Hand Luke" was at the movies.
Almost 500,000 troops in Vietnam.
Israel wins the "6 Day War"
TVguy finally gets laid.  Razz
(11-30-2017, 04:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Yes...I care.  Smiling

That can't be true. I was raised as a gay boy by L Ron Outboard at the Mormon Tabersnackle. I didn't know I was straight until I was a 26 year old showgirl in Vegas and Tom Cruise told me so.
(11-30-2017, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-30-2017, 04:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 08:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think it will be from their 1017 tour. I'll be recording it so i don't have to listen to the begging.

That can't be true. I was raised as a gay boy by L Ron Outboard at the Mormon Tabersnackle. I didn't know I was straight until I was a 26 year old showgirl in Vegas and Tom Cruise told me so.

Smiling Well, glad you got it all "straightened" out. 

I failed to mention above that 1967 was the "Summer of Love". I lived in SF then, and was not all that sympathetic to the hippies in the panhandle near Haight and Ashbury. I was a working guy with a young family and thought the hippies were shallow and irresponsible. It was 10 years before I understood the changes they were trying to promote and even then I didn't "get it" really. Some good music however. 
In some ways, I wonder if we ever recovered from that summer?  Wink
I'll watch the final episode of Justified season one tonight, then read the book "Fire In The Hole" you suggested. (Just picked it up at the library yesterday.) Thanks for the suggestion. Smiling
Moody Blues first hit was Go Now. DOFP was the 1st of the "psychedelic " albums. They might actually make the R&R hall of fame.
(12-02-2017, 06:29 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Moody Blues first hit was Go Now. DOFP was the 1st of the "psychedelic " albums. They might actually make the R&R hall of fame.

GO NOW was their first release but not their first hit. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moody_...iscography

And not to put to fine a point on it, but the people who DON'T make it into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame seem to be the more notable bunch.  Surprised
Evidently, Jann Wenner's influence is waneing on the selection committee.
So Genesis and Peter Gabriel, Yes, and Rush finally were elected.
Much more popular with the general public than the elites making the selections. Kate Bush was even nominated, something I never expected.
(12-02-2017, 09:37 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Evidently, Jann Wenner's influence is waneing on the selection committee.
Much more popular with the general public than the elites making the selections. Kate Bush was even nominated, something I never expected.

Has she got a song I might know?  Embarrassed
(12-02-2017, 11:01 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:37 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Evidently, Jann Wenner's influence is waneing on the selection committee.

Doesn't need one. To get in the R&RHOF one only needs to have a bong from the 60's, a tie dyed tee shirt, a Janis Joplin poster and a few seeds from a baggie of Mexican rag weed.
(12-02-2017, 11:10 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 11:01 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Doesn't need one. To get in the R&RHOF one only needs to have a bong from the 60's, a tie dyed tee shirt, a Janis Joplin poster and a few seeds from a baggie of Mexican rag weed.

Laughing  Probably more truth than you intended. Razz
She never had a hit in America, but is revered the World over.
I don't know how to insert YouTube from my phone. but try Cloudbusting and see what you think . Bonus points for Donald Sutherland as dad.
She's the prototype for the whole introspective woman singer genre.
Tori Amos etc.
(12-02-2017, 11:29 AM)bbqboy Wrote: She never had a hit in America, but is revered the World over.
I don't know how to insert YouTube from my phone. but try Cloudbusting and see what you think . Bonus points for Donald Sutherland as dad.
She's the prototype for the whole introspective woman singer genre.
Tori Amos etc.

I saw a live video she did with David Gilmore that was pretty good. I'll check out Cloudbusting later...