Television Shows!
Can we get back to television not related to politics? It's not fair to those staying away from the BS.
(12-12-2017, 09:34 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Can we get back to television not related to politics? It's not fair to those staying away from the BS.

I just ignore it if I don't like it...I'm really enjoying The Crown right now....I know you said you don't have Netflix anymore.  So far I'm thinking it's better than season 1.
(12-12-2017, 09:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:34 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Can we get back to television not related to politics? It's not fair to those staying away from the BS.

I just ignore it if I don't like it...I'm really enjoying The Crown right now....I know you said you don't have Netflix anymore.  So far I'm thinking it's better than season 1.

It seems Netflix may have upped their game after I switched to Amazon, but I find enough to keep my kids and myself happy. We also use the 2 day shipping a lot for our business.
(12-12-2017, 08:07 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:45 PM)Hugo Wrote: Smiling https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-watched...work-2017/

Fox FakeNews Is Most-Watched Basic Cable Network in 2017

Winning..... Laughing

Sad really. Our country is in BIG trouble until we shove you deplorable assholes back under your rocks.

"Competition" is the true reason that our Country has excelled the way it has for so long.  You don't seem to want any of that.  You wish to have ONE party rule.  Eh, Comrade?
Anyone who has listened to you could say the same. I don't remember or maybe I missed it if you ever supported any democrat.
(12-13-2017, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:45 PM)Hugo Wrote: Smiling https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-watched...work-2017/

Winning..... Laughing

Sad really. Our country is in BIG trouble until we shove you deplorable assholes back under your rocks.

"Competition" is the true reason that our Country has excelled the way it has for so long.  You don't seem to want any of that.  You wish to have ONE party rule.  Eh, Comrade?
Anyone who has listened to you could say the same. I don't remember or maybe I missed it if you ever supported any democrat.

That's right. I voted for Kasich in the primaries :-)
(12-13-2017, 03:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Winning..... Laughing

I know you voted for a proven liar like Trump.
(12-13-2017, 03:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Sad really. Our country is in BIG trouble until we shove you deplorable assholes back under your rocks.

I voted for someone I thought we could all stomach, both sides. Laughing
(12-13-2017, 04:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 03:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:07 PM)Hugo Wrote: "Competition" is the true reason that our Country has excelled the way it has for so long.  You don't seem to want any of that.  You wish to have ONE party rule.  Eh, Comrade?

I voted for someone I thought we could all stomach, both sides. Laughing
I get it Big Grin
It seems like EVERYONE but me watches and talks about Netflix. What's up with that Blink
(12-13-2017, 07:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: It seems like EVERYONE but me watches and talks about Netflix. What's up with that Blink

Don't feel like a lone ranger.
(12-13-2017, 07:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: It seems like EVERYONE but me watches and talks about Netflix. What's up with that Blink

They must have upped their game I guess. I have trouble finding enough time to watch one movie and two back to back is out completely. In fact most of the time I don't pick any movie out of my list if it's two hours or. longer.

My main issue I don't believe any of you have is I'm nearly as old (and probably more broken) as most of you, but have young kids I still need to tuck in at night and get off to school in addition to everything else. It's also why I pop in and out here without much discussion.

Hmmmm, I used to watch it more. Now it's more like a station. I used to like it as a way to actually view movies but now it's about the shows.  I don't have many I watch. I wish I could stream the movies, but they want to sell them as DVD's.
For all you BB fans..... Bryan Cranston is on Kimmel tonight.
(10-19-2018, 08:29 PM)Valuesize Wrote: For all you BB fans..... Bryan Cranston is on Kimmel tonight.

Why, is Bryan Cranston a baseball star? Razz
(10-19-2018, 10:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 08:29 PM)Valuesize Wrote: For all you BB fans..... Bryan Cranston is on Kimmel tonight.

BB King sprang to mind but he's dead now.   Unsure
(10-19-2018, 10:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 10:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

BB King sprang to mind but he's dead now.   Unsure
LOL For me it was Baseball and that's weird because my wife and I were huge BB king fans.
Ever since our two white faces surrounded by black saw him play in a club in Columbus Ohio Big Grin

As a matter of fact just yesterday my wife complained about something and I told her it reminded me of "OUR song"

Lyrics
I've been downhearted baby
Ever since the day we met
I said I've been downhearted baby
Our love is nothing but the blues, woman
Baby, how blue can you get?
You're evil when I'm with you
And you are jealous when we're apart
Yes, I said you're evil
You're so evil when I'm with you, baby
And you are jealous when we're apart
How blue can you get, baby?
The answer's is right here in my heart
I gave you a brand-new Ford
You said I want a Cadillac
I bought you a ten dollar dinner
You said thanks for the snack
I let you live in my penthouse
You said it was just a shack
I gave you seven children
And now you want to give them back
Yes, I've been downhearted baby
I said our love is nothing but the blues
Baby, how blue can you get?
Weird synchronicity in this thread. I literally just had Baby Blue come up on my FB feed.

I'm sure Cranston's Kimmel appearance doesn't have anything to do with BB.
(10-20-2018, 03:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: Weird synchronicity in this thread. I literally just had Baby Blue come up on my FB feed.

Except that if BB didn't make him a big star he might not have asked to be on the show.
(10-20-2018, 04:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 03:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: Weird synchronicity in this thread. I literally just had Baby Blue come up on my FB feed.

Except that if BB didn't make him a big star he might not have asked to be on the show.

Well, I'm not saying it didn't launch him into the stratosphere of his career.  I'm only saying that now that he IS well established and successful, the Kimmel appearance is probably not related to BB.
I haven't been able to watch and finish any series lately, though I do keep watching BCS. But I did watch and finish 11-22-63 on HULU. I watched the last one today. Anyway, as James Franco's character rushes up the school depository steps to stop Lee Harvey Oswald from assassinating JFK, I noticed the graffiti on the wall said REDRUM. Oh, cute, I think, little Stephen King Easter Egg there. (since the story is a Stephen King book adaptation) My daughter wandered through and I pointed it out. Somehow we got into a conversation about it and she said most young people (to her meaning young twenty year olds) would not know what that referred to. I was astounded. Of course people know! I said. It's iconic! She said no and would poll her young co workers today at work to see if they recognized it. She just texted me saying that so far, 30% did, meaning 70% had no clue. Interesting. I thought everyone knew that little pop culture phrase and it's meaning/origin.