Television Shows!
(01-27-2013, 06:19 PM)csrowan Wrote: Cheers, season 1 episode 4
Quote:Dave: Well, well, what do we have here? Hi. Dave Richards. I'm an old teammate of Sam's.

Diane: Oh! Diane Chambers. I'm Sam's new waitress.

Dave: Sam have his brand on you yet?

Diane: Hardly.

Dave: Good, then you're in for a lucky day. Not only am I incredibly rich, I'm incredibly good looking, and incredibly nice.

Sam: And incredibly married.

[laughter]

Diane: Well, I am sorry to hear that.

Dave: You are?

Diane: Yes. I was hoping to reject you based solely on your personality.

I was DVRing Cheers for awhile recently... one thing I will say: The Diane episodes beat the Rebecca episodes 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.
(01-27-2013, 05:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 05:39 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 05:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 05:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 05:00 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Best cheesy adventure shows:

Wild Wild West

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Original Star Trek.

Yeah but somehow Star trek was always better that the two GCG mentioned.

Cheesy adventure?.. Lost in space ...and the one where the people were all bigger? Land of the lost?

Star Trek was great. Visionary. But still incredibly cheesy.

Exactly , the special affects of those days were not on par with the writers.

Special effects and William Shatner.Laughing

I liked Star Trek and Lost in Space until they both got kind of stupid. They all got that way after awhile. Batman, Time Machine, even the Addams Family. They sure were fun, though!
I watched Daniel Boone, Gilligan's Island, Bewitched... All the classics from the 60's and 70's. Even Soupy Sales!
We don't watch too many current popular programs, like Dexter. We probably missed out by not doing so.
(01-28-2013, 05:12 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I liked Star Trek and Lost in Space until they both got kind of stupid. They all got that way after awhile.

It's known as jumping the sharkSmiling a term they came up with when the "Happy days" writers were so worn out and tapped out they had Fonzie on water skis jumping over sharks.

(01-28-2013, 05:12 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Batman, Time Machine, even the Addams Family. They sure were fun, though!
I watched Daniel Boone, Gilligan's Island, Bewitched... All the classics from the 60's and 70's. Even Soupy Sales!

My friends very elderly mother watches Daniel Boone every morning. I couldn't remember the show because it was on during the late 70's and I didn't watch TV in those days.
I sure didn't miss anything because that show is so lame that it's actually fun to watch just to spoof onRazz
One episode actually had Burl Ives playing a singing indianLaughingLaughingLaughing
The WORST!

F-Troop
Hee-Haw

what else?
(01-28-2013, 08:20 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: The WORST!

F-Troop
Hee-Haw

what else?

Sorry but Hee haw had REAL talent. YEAH Surrounded by a lot of ridiculousness that apparently a lot of people enjoyed The show still had some of the most talented singers and musicians of the era.

Wait a tic I'm going to change that to the show had ALL of the most talented singers and musicians of the era.Big Grin

Guest appearances

Hee Haw featured at least two, and sometimes three or four, guest celebrities each week. While most of the guest stars were of course country music artists, a wide range of other famous luminaries were featured. Those making guest appearances included, but were of course not limited to: Alabama, Atlanta, Buddy Alan, Jed Allan, Rex Allen, Paul Anka, Bill Anderson, John Anderson, Lynn Anderson, Garner Ted Armstrong, Eddy Arnold, Chet Atkins, Gene Autry, Hoyt Axton, Razzy Bailey, Butch Baker, Moe Bandy, Ava Barber, Billy Barty, Molly Bee, Johnny Bench, Byron Berline, Amanda Blake, Suzy Bogguss, Randy Boone, Tony Booth, actor Ernest Borgnine, former pro football player and current FOX NFL Sunday co-host Terry Bradshaw, comedian Foster Brooks, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, the Bellamy Brothers, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown Family Brown, Jim Ed Brown, The Buckaroos (Buck Owens' band), Jethro Burns, Johnny Bush, comedianne Ruth Buzzi, West Virginia senator Robert Byrd, Glen Campbell, Eric Carmen, Billy Carter, June Carter, Lionel Cartwright, Johnny Cash, Bill Caswell, Ray Charles, Don Cherry, comedian Jerry Clower, Jessi Colter, John Conlee, David L Cook, Helen Cornelius, Beverly Cotten-Dillard, Billy "Crash" Craddock, Floyd Cramer, Rob Crosby, Scatman Crothers, Vic Damone, Charlie Daniels, Dave & Sugar, Gail Davies, Danny Davis, singer/actor Sammy Davis, Jr., Skeeter Davis, pro baseball player and commentator Dizzy Dean, Jimmy Dean, Diamond Rio, Dillard & Clark, Al Downing, Connie Eaton, Dale Evans, Barbara Fairchild, Donna Fargo, pool player Minnesota Fats, Freddy Fender, Lester Flatt, Bela Fleck, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Eugene Fodor, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Janie Fricke, David Frizzell, Larry Gatlin, Crystal Gayle, Will Geer, Don Gibson, TV personality Kathie Lee Gifford, Vince Gill, Mickey Gilley, Johnny Gimble, The Glaser Brothers, George Gobel, Southern gospel quartet Gold City, Bobby Goldsboro, Billy Grammer, Amy Grant, Lee Greenwood, Lewis Grizzard, Oscar the Grouch, Merle Haggard, Gus Hardin, Phil Harris, Freddie Hart, John Hartford, Tom T. Hall, Dick Haynes, Roy Head, Hugh Hefner, John Hiatt, Becky Hobbs, David Holt, David Houston, David Huddleston, Tommy Hunter, Southern gospel group The Inspirations, Alan Jackson, Wanda Jackson, Jana Jae, Sonny James, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, The Judds, Kieran Kane, Stan Kann, The Kendalls, Hal Ketchum, Merle Kilgore, Alan King, Alison Krauss, k.d. lang, pro baseball manager Tommy Lasorda, Brenda Lee, Dickey Lee, Johnny Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lloyd Lindroth, George Lindsey, LaWanda Lindsey, Trini Lopez, Kenny Lovelace, Lyle Lovett, Loretta Lynn, Larry Mahan, Barbara Mandrell, Louise Mandrell, Mickey Mantle, Kathy Mattea, C. W. McCall, Charly McClain, O. B. McClinton, Mel McDaniel, Pake McEntire, Reba McEntire, The McGuire Sisters, Catherine McKinnon, TV personality Ed McMahon, Terry McMillan, actress Ethel Merman, Jody Miller, Roger Miller, the Million Dollar Band, Mission Mountain Wood Band, Ronnie Milsap, Bill Monroe, Lorrie Morgan, Gary Morris, comedian Gary Mule Deer, pro baseball player Stan Musial, Willie Nelson, actor Leslie Nielsen, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Mark O'Connor, Marie Osmond, Tommy Overstreet, Patti Page, Dolly Parton, Stella Parton, Johnny Paycheck, Carl Perkins, TV personality Regis Philbin, Vernon Presley (Elvis' father), Ray Price, Charley Pride, Ronnie Prophet, Jeanne Pruett, Eddie Rabbitt, Boots Randolph, Wayne Raney, Eddy Raven, Susan Raye, Shotgun Red, Jerry Reed, Charlie Rich, Riders in the Sky, Jeannie C. Riley, John Ritter (actor and son of Tex Ritter) Marty Robbins, TV evangelist Oral Roberts, Dale Robertson, Johnny Rodriguez, Linda Ronstadt, Kenny Rogers, Roy Rogers, John Schneider, TV personality Willard Scott, Doc Severinson, Victoria Shaw, Jean Shepard, T. G. Sheppard, actor Sonny Shroyer, Ricky Skaggs, Cal Smith, Connie Smith, Margo Smith, Sons of the Pioneers, Billie Jo Spears, Jim Stafford, Joe Stampley, Kenny Starr, The Statler Brothers, Keith Stegall, Skip Stephenson, Ray Stevens, Roni Stoneman, George Strait, Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Sylvia, Dub Taylor, Les Taylor, comedian Rip Taylor, B.J. Thomas, Hank Thompson, Sue Thompson, Mel Tillis, Pam Tillis, Diana Trask, Merle Travis, Randy Travis, Buck Trent, Travis Tritt, Ernest Tubb, Tanya Tucker, Mary Lou Turner, Conway Twitty, Donna Ulisse, Conny Van Dyke, Bobby Vinton, Steve Wariner, former NASCAR race car driver and current NASCAR commentator Darrel Waltrip, Gene Watson, actor Dennis Weaver, Kitty Wells, Dottie West, Shelly West, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Danny White, The Whites, Boxcar Willie, Don Williams, Leona Williams, Paul Williams, Hank Williams, Jr., Sheb Wooley, Tom Wopat, Tammy Wynette, Faron Young, and Henny Youngman, along with several forgotten performers who were never in the music business long enough to succeed. Also, several clogging groups frequently performed on the show, and occasionally the show featured child singers who would perform top country songs of the day.

In addition to hosts Buck Owens and Roy Clark, who would perform at least one song each week, other cast members—such as Gunilla Hutton and Misty Rowe—would occasionally perform a song on the show; and the show would almost always open with a song performed by the entire cast.

Elvis Presley was a fan of Hee Haw and wanted to appear as a guest on the program in the 1970s, but his manager, Colonel Tom Parker, would not allow him to do so. A similar situation occurred when Elvis' friend Johnny Cash asked Presley to appear on his show.

Sheb Wooley, one of the original cast members, wrote the show's theme song. After filming the initial 13 episodes, other professional demands caused him to leave the show, but he returned from time to time as a guest.

Loretta Lynn was the first guest star of Hee Haw and made more guest appearances than any other artist. She also co-hosted the show more than any other guest co-host and therefore appears on more of the DVD releases for retail sale than any other guest star.

From 1990-1992, country superstar Garth Brooks appeared on the show four times. In 1992, producer Sam Lovullo tried unsuccessfully to contact Brooks because he wanted him for the final show. Brooks surprised Lovullo by showing up last minute, ready to don his overalls and perform for the final episode.[5]
can't we get these 2 threads combined, Mr. Moderator?
http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...?tid=13409
Poor Hee Haw, so incredibly had and so good at the same time.
"The Taste" is a fun show with a lot of recipe ideas.
(02-02-2013, 02:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Poor Hee Haw, so incredibly had and so good at the same time.

Exactly, a ton of talent but incredibly cheesy and lame.
Still watching mostly BBC shows, but also some Danish, Icelandic and other shows. There's some damn good programming out there when you walk away from the American market. There are some very good American shows also, but not enough of them, and I'm enjoying my nightly fix of a really good show when I can find it and watch it on my time. Right now having gone through the entire British version of Wallander, I'm on to Luther, which while only a crime drama, is done very well.
Adam-12. I watched this every time it was on when I was a kid. You could see it was a bit forced in places, but it gave the viewers a feel for what 'real' police work was all about in the late 60's early 70's.

Its on YouTube now, and Hulu.

I especially love the episodes that show the old gas stations with their $0.39.9 prices.
(03-06-2013, 12:17 PM)Smithcat Wrote: Adam-12. I watched this every time it was on when I was a kid. You could see it was a bit forced in places, but it gave the viewers a feel for what 'real' police work was all about in the late 60's early 70's.

I especially love the episodes that show the old gas stations with their $0.39.9 prices.

Yeah it is fun sometimes to watch old shows. I've been watching Gunsmoke and Bonanza Laughing
Gunsmoke is way better, I can't believe how lame Bonanza was with the fake back drops at the ranch or at any camp sites.

When you watch them with no commercials and you fast forward through slow parts, you end up watching several shows very quickly.
Instead of once a week. So you start to notice the same scenery being used over and over.
Foe some reason every campsite is perfectly flat and there is always hay on the groundLaughing
(03-06-2013, 12:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 12:17 PM)Smithcat Wrote: Adam-12. I watched this every time it was on when I was a kid. You could see it was a bit forced in places, but it gave the viewers a feel for what 'real' police work was all about in the late 60's early 70's.

Yeah it is fun sometimes to watch old shows. I've been watching Gunsmoke and Bonanza Laughing
Gunsmoke is way better, I can't believe how lame Bonanza was with the fake back drops at the ranch or at any camp sites.

When you watch them with no commercials and you fast forward through slow parts, you end up watching several shows very quickly.
Instead of once a week. So you start to notice the same scenery being used over and over.
Foe some reason every campsite is perfectly flat and there is always hay on the groundLaughing
Have you ever noticed how many times they passed the same rock when they were riding.
Have I never mentioned Southland? Good show. There's not much good about Television. Southland is a top act show. Violent. But good. I seem to like the violent ones. But I know it's not for the violence. I know it's just because the really well written ones happen to also embrace whatever the violent aspect is and not shy away from it. I don't usually get tied up waiting for a next episode. Last time I did was for Breaking Bad. But I have for Southland, this last one, which I watched on On Demand.
I've been watching Cougar Town lately. Smiling
(04-14-2013, 04:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Have I never mentioned Southland? Good show. There's not much good about Television. Southland is a top act show. Violent. But good. I seem to like the violent ones. But I know it's not for the violence. I know it's just because the really well written ones happen to also embrace whatever the violent aspect is and not shy away from it. I don't usually get tied up waiting for a next episode. Last time I did was for Breaking Bad. But I have for Southland, this last one, which I watched on On Demand.

Yeah I watched all of those shows, they really were good. Are you watching new ones? 2013?
Car 54

Dragnet

Alfred Hitchcock
(04-14-2013, 05:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-14-2013, 04:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Have I never mentioned Southland? Good show. There's not much good about Television. Southland is a top act show. Violent. But good. I seem to like the violent ones. But I know it's not for the violence. I know it's just because the really well written ones happen to also embrace whatever the violent aspect is and not shy away from it. I don't usually get tied up waiting for a next episode. Last time I did was for Breaking Bad. But I have for Southland, this last one, which I watched on On Demand.

Yeah I watched all of those shows, they really were good. Are you watching new ones? 2013?

Yes. That's the only thing on On Demand. Netflix does not Stream Southland. So if you miss it, you miss it unless you want to order or buy season dvd's. I think it's the only show I'm watching in it's current season.
(03-06-2013, 09:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-02-2013, 02:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Poor Hee Haw, so incredibly had and so good at the same time.

Exactly, a ton of talent but incredibly cheesy and lame.

Hee Haw was a great show!

GLOOM, DESPAIR AND AGONY ON ME
From the TV Show "Hee-Haw" (1969 -1992)

Buck Owens & Roy Clark

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
How was we to know they meant the way she was built

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

(Transcribed by Mel Priddle - November 2005)