How moderation here happens
(01-28-2013, 07:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 09:35 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 07:54 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 11:37 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I can't believe all of the flippin' whiners! Rolling Eyes
Show a little friggin' respect to the owner of the site and follow his rules.
He has spelled it out quite clear. What is the big deal?
The way I see it... every time you whiners or rebels purposefully go against the rules... you are telling Kam to "F Off".
Good gawd... grow up! Dry

Excuse me? Who exactly are "all of the ...whiners"? I see one. So, I'm going to conclude by your comment that you are categorizing the group.

Excuse me? Yes, I am "categorizing the group"... the group of WHINERS! I have seen (what I consider to be) 5 "whiners" since the New Year's Eve post by kgasso. I have also seen 4 that have thumbed their noses and flipped the bird at kgasso by refusing to follow the rules over and over in the last 28 days.

And... they're still here... still making a mockery of kgasso. Dry

In this thread. Whiners in this thread.

"Chirp, chirp." say the crickets.
How come Kam or the robot won't combine the TV threads? Or give us back our signatures?
(01-28-2013, 09:26 PM)bbqboy Wrote: How come Kam or the robot won't combine the TV threads? Or give us back our signatures?

Dear Kam. What happened to Signatures????Unsure
(01-28-2013, 09:26 PM)bbqboy Wrote: How come Kam or the robot won't combine the TV threads? Or give us back our signatures?

You mean the dolphin thread?
(01-27-2013, 08:09 PM)kgasso Wrote: All,

There's been a fair amount of confusion lately with how moderation here happens, so I figure I owe you all an explanation. There are two ways that posts are removed from the site - Automated Moderation and Manual Moderation.

Automated Moderation occurs when there is a disproportionately large number of individual reports to number of views on a post or thread. When this ratio is reached, the post (or thread) is removed for moderator review. If the reports were unwarranted, the thread is returned to the site.

Manual moderation occurs when a site moderator is made aware of a problematic post or thread, either by reviewing reports or reviewing threads manually. Threads may be temporarily locked while problematic posts (and their replies) are reviewed and removed.

Moderators generally do not edit post contents (as this is HUGELY time consuming, especially editing quoted content). For this reason, we recommend people do NOT reply to posts that break the site rules, even if replying with on-topic and relevant information.

What happens when a post is removed for violating the site rules (or reviewed and found to be in violation)? For the first part of this month (since rule enforcement has been in effect), they were simply removed. Beginning on 1/20, warning messages have been going out to notify people why their posts were removed. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, these may not go out until a few days after the posts are removed. Hopefully the turnaround on these will get better in the future.

Any questions? Comments? Suggestions on improvements?

Please let me know. Smiling

I suggest that you connect cyber "trap-door" to the report button. One push and out you go.
Everything in moderation.
(01-30-2013, 08:11 AM)chuck white Wrote: Everything in moderation.
I moderate myself, but not while in the shower.
(01-30-2013, 09:30 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Lo! And the angel of the Lord appeared (They always start with 'Lo") and pointed and said, "that right there is the secret".
"Moderate yourself, so that ye don't need no other moderation, ya-all".

Except in the shower. In the shower, let it all out.
(01-30-2013, 09:56 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Lo! And the angel of the Lord appeared (They always start with 'Lo") and pointed and said, "that right there is the secret".
"Moderate yourself, so that ye don't need no other moderation, ya-all".

Except in the shower. In the shower, let it all out.

Maybe "Lo" is abbreviation for "hello." But no, "hello" didn't exist before the invention of the telephone....oh, nevermind.
Maybe It's short for Down lowRazz

You used to, when you were younger.
The two big lies men tell:

I have never moderated

I have stopped moderating Wink
(01-31-2013, 10:14 AM)cletus1 Wrote: The two big lies men tell:

I have never moderated

I have stopped moderating Wink

And.. "I don't report posts"
FYI... I have REPORTED this post. It all seems like BS any ways. I've seen NO MODERATION; other than Illc (simply because he rambles). The real perpetrators are allowed to do WTF they please. The real issue seems to be the promise of Moderation and then not following up with it. So... Tell us fearless leader... Moderation? or not? Tell us. Quit dragging us along. Personally, I am sick to death of doing my best to follow YOUR RULES for no apparent reason.

There's been a fair amount of confusion lately with how moderation here happens, so I figure I owe you all an explanation. There are two ways that posts are removed from the site - Automated Moderation and Manual Moderation.

Automated Moderation occurs when there is a disproportionately large number of individual reports to number of views on a post or thread. When this ratio is reached, the post (or thread) is removed for moderator review. If the reports were unwarranted, the thread is returned to the site.

Manual moderation occurs when a site moderator is made aware of a problematic post or thread, either by reviewing reports or reviewing threads manually. Threads may be temporarily locked while problematic posts (and their replies) are reviewed and removed.

Moderators generally do not edit post contents (as this is HUGELY time consuming, especially editing quoted content). For this reason, we recommend people do NOT reply to posts that break the site rules, even if replying with on-topic and relevant information.

What happens when a post is removed for violating the site rules (or reviewed and found to be in violation)? For the first part of this month (since rule enforcement has been in effect), they were simply removed. Beginning on 1/20, warning messages have been going out to notify people why their posts were removed. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, these may not go out until a few days after the posts are removed. Hopefully the turnaround on these will get better in the future.

(04-06-2013, 01:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: FYI... I have REPORTED this post. It all seems like BS any ways. I've seen NO MODERATION; other than Illc (simply because he rambles). The real perpetrators are allowed to do WTF they please. The real issue seems to be the promise of Moderation and then not following up with it. So... Tell us fearless leader... Moderation? or not? Tell us. Quit dragging us along. Personally, I am sick to death of doing my best to follow YOUR RULES for no apparent reason.

This is obviously not a forum that you enjoy. Perhaps it's time to move on with your life?
I really haven't seen anything warranting moderation since Kam called for people to volunteer to be moderators.
I think just that request made a difference for some.
Not a whole lot of rule breaking going on lately and the request for moderators might have been the gentle nudge needed (like Tia said). But we shouldn't make light of it because what may seem small to the average forumite can be devastating to the life of some one who has actually EARNED their rights to be a forum MEMBER. :-)
Either moderate this forum or I will moan, bitch, and complain. I want it moderated my way, you need to smite the people I tell you to smite...or I will wear out that button.

(Hopefully enough to get a boot in the ass from the administrator that you are bitchin' about...)

Now who is thumbing their nose at kgasso????
Dancing It's ON! Dancing
Crying It's not on Crying