How moderation here happens
Or......

How moderation happens here:

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. The moderation is what it is, or maybe a better way to describe it is, it is what it isn't. I just wonder how long it will take those who wish to make this place something it was never meant to be to understand this. I urge those pushing for changes to go back and read some old posts. Other than the nastiness created from trying to change this place, it's pretty much the same 'ol shit different day.

My take on the rules being posted? What I always try to do.... CYOAF! Big Grin
What I would like to see is a break down of who reports what . Who is the whiner

The Fuck You fest that sometimes occurs here is for the most part joined by all .

Some are more eloquent in their their presentation.
(04-06-2013, 09:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Or......

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand. The moderation is what it is, or maybe a better way to describe it is, it is what it isn't. I just wonder how long it will take those who wish to make this place something it was never meant to be to understand this. I urge those pushing for changes to go back and read some old posts. Other than the nastiness created from trying to change this place, it's pretty much the same 'ol shit different day.

Wise man, VS.

Or....Face it....the posts about newly enforced moderation is just propaganda, pablum for the crying voices. Nothing else . It is what it's ALWAYS been here.
(04-06-2013, 07:50 PM)gapper Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:47 PM)csrowan Wrote: In a different long ago far far away forum, I learned that well enforced rules meant that there was little enforcing needed once people understood they actually had to obey the rules or get kicked out.

That is the case in the larger forum I referred to.
I believe it has around 10.,000 members and if after a couple of warnings a participant refuses to abide by the rules, they are banned.
And, interestingly enough, there are new members joining almost daily.

I understand, but good luck getting that level of moderation here.
Why don't you step up? Smiling
(04-06-2013, 09:57 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Wise man, VS.

Or....Face it....the posts about newly enforced moderation is just propaganda, pablum for the crying voices. Nothing else . It is what it's ALWAYS been here.

Savages
(04-06-2013, 10:04 PM)oregon 67 Wrote:

Wise man, VS.

Savages

Embarrassed
(04-06-2013, 10:04 PM)oregon 67 Wrote: Savages

Perhaps in this space, but IRL maybe not so much.
(04-06-2013, 10:01 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 07:47 PM)csrowan Wrote: In a different long ago far far away forum, I learned that well enforced rules meant that there was little enforcing needed once people understood they actually had to obey the rules or get kicked out.

I believe it has around 10.,000 members and if after a couple of warnings a participant refuses to abide by the rules, they are banned.

Why do you wish it to be so?

IMHO, this forum came into being much as the US came into being. Let us be. Leave us alone, and we will make our way.

It is indeed a microcosm of the political strife today, that the voices demanding to be heard here, are the ones who don't want that freedom.
Nothing like being stuck in the old ways and wanting it..loving it...demanding it.

If it were left up to some of youse, we'd still be driving Model A's.

The Wright brothers wouldn't have had a chance...you folks were the ones who said: "If God wanted man to fly he would have given him wings."

As a matter of fact, I recall many of you...the Old Guard of the MTF commenting when I showed up: "Don't worry, this forum was dying a slow, painful death anyway."

So I started posting things I found interesting and political points near and dear to my heart.

Speaking for myself and myself only, I know I have started many threads about many lighthearted, interesting subjects and all ya'll responded in a lighthearted, warm manner. Good grief...I even started a thread about the best way to clean our microwaves!

Quitcherbitchen.
(04-06-2013, 10:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 10:04 PM)oregon 67 Wrote:

Wise man, VS.

Savages

Embarrassed

Alas , That's why we are here . We should all blush a little.
(04-06-2013, 10:18 PM)Clone Wrote: Nothing like being stuck in the old ways and wanting it..loving it...demanding it.

Quitcherbitchen.

This current round was started by scrapper DEMANDING. No one else.
(04-06-2013, 10:21 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 10:18 PM)Clone Wrote: Nothing like being stuck in the old ways and wanting it..loving it...demanding it.

Quitcherbitchen.

This current round was started by scrapper DEMANDING. No one else.

Always blame bad behavior on others?
That's why school administrators have to use 'mutual combatants' classification.
(04-06-2013, 10:14 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 10:01 PM)Crazylace Wrote:

Why do you wish it to be so?

IMHO, this forum came into being much as the US came into being. Let us be. Leave us alone, and we will make our way.

It is indeed a microcosm of the political strife today, that the voices demanding to be heard here, are the ones who don't want that freedom.

Intolerance of any opposition.

Now, the introspect . If we are to change as a society ( politically) are more enforcers the answer ?.

We can't vote everyone off the island .
I want to KNOW what is expected of EVERYONE here.
Don't blow smoke up my ass.
I don't feel like that's asking to much.
====Corny Alert!========

Remember this song by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes?

[Image: 72170_353311861436818_2018399763_n.jpg]

Love lift us up where we belong
Where the eagles cry
On a mountain high
Love lift us up where we belong
Far from the world we know
Up where the clear winds blow

Some hang on to used to be
Live their lives looking behind
When all we have is here and now
All our lives
Out there to find

The road is long
There are mountains in the way
But we climb a step every step of the way

Time goes by
No time to cry
Life's you and I
(04-06-2013, 10:03 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Why don't you step up? Smiling

If you are directing your question to me, which it appears you may be given the time proximity to your other response to me, I don't step up because the vast majority of free time I have is almost all consumed by my volunteer work within my community, or recreating outdoors.
My work happens to have me on my computer a great deal so I can jump over here occasionally and interact, or as I do much of the time, just read posts. Working out of a home office and not being an hourly employee, I don't take regular breaks, I work at least a few hours almost every day and I have a great deal of flexibility, which lends itself to brief check in's here, but not to a commitment that good moderating requires.

Were I to step up, I would be no better than the posted rules which aren't enforced, as I wouldn't have time to fulfill the obligation I would be stepping up to.
(04-06-2013, 10:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I want to KNOW what is expected of EVERYONE here.

Why don't you try treating others, as you want to be treated.
Even if you despise their opinion .

Stop kicking the dog . You know it bites.

Swallow your need to get in the last word.
(04-06-2013, 10:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I want to KNOW what is expected of EVERYONE here.

Still waiting.Neutral
Well, that was fun!