Organized Attacks On Free Speech
What happened earlier tonight in the Lounge amounts to this.

Under the topic of movies, I wrote that I had just watched The Patriot. I added a question to my comment, to the effect that I bet Leonard was not a fan of that movie. (He later proved my assumption correcct)

Some of the people here, started hitting the report button, due to the fact that my naming Leonard was not in the debate section. I still do not see ANYTHING in this post that I made about a MOVIE, in a thread titled MOVIES that warranted the post being pulled.

So be aware. All it takes is trigger happy (I love using that term, with regards to the liberals) group of malcontents, who wish to silence dissent from their collective mentality, to have your very words and thoughts removed from this place.

Kam says it is automated, at first. So Kam, when will we see the restored portions of the topics?
(01-27-2013, 11:23 PM)Larry Wrote: What happened earlier tonight in the Lounge amounts to this.

Under the topic of movies, I wrote that I had just watched The Patriot. I added a question to my comment, to the effect that I bet Leonard was not a fan of that movie. (He later proved my assumption correcct)

Some of the people here, started hitting the report button, due to the fact that my naming Leonard was not in the debate section. I still do not see ANYTHING in this post that I made about a MOVIE, in a thread titled MOVIES that warranted the post being pulled.

So be aware. All it takes is trigger happy (I love using that term, with regards to the liberals) group of malcontents, who wish to silence dissent from their collective mentality, to have your very words and thoughts removed from this place.

Kam says it is automated, at first. So Kam, when will we see the restored portions of the topics?

When Kam mentioned that automatic thing, I knew what was coming. I agree that there are a set of people on here who will now push that button repeatedly and "gang up" on people they disagree with or don't like.

I don't like the automated function and think that it is giving way too much power to the members of the forum. Kam, you should keep a watch on it...if people are over-using/abusing the report button for non-offenses I would hope you would disable the function.

Calling for anyone's banishment is the act of someone with problems within themselves. There is the foe option. They should use it instead of letting words on a screen upset them to the point where they want someone banished.
(01-27-2013, 11:23 PM)Larry Wrote: Kam says it is automated, at first.

No he didn't. Go back and read his post. Rolling Eyes

Quote:There are two ways that posts are removed from the site - Automated Moderation and Manual Moderation.

Automated Moderation occurs when there is a disproportionately large number of individual reports to number of views on a post or thread. When this ratio is reached, the post (or thread) is removed for moderator review. If the reports were unwarranted, the thread is returned to the site.

Manual moderation occurs when a site moderator is made aware of a problematic post or thread, either by reviewing reports or reviewing threads manually. Threads may be temporarily locked while problematic posts (and their replies) are reviewed and removed.

I can tell you that I did NOT report your silly movie post that has you so flippin' upset. Perhaps others did??? Perhaps someone contact Kam about it??? It could have been EITHER way.
(01-27-2013, 11:31 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 11:23 PM)Larry Wrote: Kam says it is automated, at first.

No he didn't. Go back and read his post. Rolling Eyes

Quote:There are two ways that posts are removed from the site - Automated Moderation and Manual Moderation.

Automated Moderation occurs when there is a disproportionately large number of individual reports to number of views on a post or thread. When this ratio is reached, the post (or thread) is removed for moderator review. If the reports were unwarranted, the thread is returned to the site.

??? What?
(01-27-2013, 11:23 PM)Larry Wrote: What happened earlier tonight in the Lounge amounts to this.

I did not respond that I was not a fan of the film, only that it was historically inaccurate. I hope you are not implying that not liking this film is a sign of hating America.

I don't think anyone asked for YOUR banishment, only for the people who are too callours and rude to follow the etiquette and civility that has been asked for by the owners of this site.

Nor do I think people are pushing the report button with the frequency accused. Perhaps the owners are simply paying more attention to their site.
As usual I have no idea what's going on.
Larry, is it possible the thread got removed temporarily for review?
Why must EVERYTHING be about liberals?
Can't people just be people sometimes??
Good lord.
According to Kam, my post would have had multiple "report" hits within minutes of my posting. It was gone that soon after I posted. Did it make me feel like a target? A little bit. Am I paranoid? I don't think so. And when did fuck get banned?
(01-28-2013, 04:09 PM)Larry Wrote: when did fuck get banned?

You can say it's a fuckin' nice day and no one will likely ever say a word. Say fuck you though and I'll either report it or quit the forum if it keeps happening. It's a clear violation of "Anything that creates a poor fellowship, including rude remarks, ad hominem (personal) argument, perpetuating flamewars, and trolling. If it doesn't harbor discussion or you're posting it just to get on someone's nerves, it doesn't belong."