Who Was President When You Were Born?
Born and raised in Sandy Eggo... we had earthquake drills (more often than fire drills) during my entire schooling. As a junior in high school... I hated it! Always seemed to be the day that I was wearing a dress/skirt... and if you think about dresses/skirts in 1975... not a lot of material was used in the making of them. Eek!
(01-29-2013, 10:46 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 09:37 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Lyndon Johnson for me.

Me too, BZ.

same with me
(01-30-2013, 10:16 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Born and raised in Sandy Eggo... we had earthquake drills (more often than fire drills) during my entire schooling. As a junior in high school... I hated it! Always seemed to be the day that I was wearing a dress/skirt... and if you think about dresses/skirts in 1975... not a lot of material was used in the making of them. Eek!

How would they know an earthquake was going to happen?

Those were duck and cover drills disguised as earthquake drills.

Also they taught us wrong, Do not get under a desk. lay next to a desk or large object, not underneath it.
(01-30-2013, 01:46 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 10:16 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Born and raised in Sandy Eggo... we had earthquake drills (more often than fire drills) during my entire schooling. As a junior in high school... I hated it! Always seemed to be the day that I was wearing a dress/skirt... and if you think about dresses/skirts in 1975... not a lot of material was used in the making of them. Eek!

Also they taught us wrong, Do not get under a desk. lay next to a desk or large object, not underneath it.

They taught us what they thought would be best/safest. You live and learn though. Hell, I have never owned an infant/child/booster car seat... ever! My car back when I was having babies didn't even have seat belts. Now days? My 8 year old grandgirl still has to be buckled into a special safety seat... by law! Live and learn.
(01-30-2013, 02:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

They taught us what they thought would be best/safest. You live and learn though. Hell, I have never owned an infant/child/booster car seat... ever! My car back when I was having babies didn't even have seat belts. Now days? My 8 year old grandgirl still has to be buckled into a special safety seat... by law! Live and learn.

But think about how heavy those cars were. Those were the days the cars were boats and there were something to them. I remember when there were 4 of us to a seat.
(01-30-2013, 02:52 PM)blondemom Wrote:

But think about how heavy those cars were. Those were the days the cars were boats and there were something to them. I remember when there were 4 of us to a seat.

That argument won't work for me. My first car was a 67' VW Bug... second car was a '72 VW Fastback. Not big. Not heavy.
not fast either. Big Grin
(01-30-2013, 03:02 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

That argument won't work for me. My first car was a 67' VW Bug... second car was a '72 VW Fastback. Not big. Not heavy.

growing up I remember a green station wagon. And then we got a van. My parents drove boats. I thought it was so cool when I watched Herbie the love bug and saw the bug float. I thought that was what it was like to be single in the big city, living in an apartment like Mary Tyler Moore reruns and having a bug.
(01-29-2013, 06:49 PM)Clone Wrote: i was born the day Truman was elected.

When many newspapers had put the morning issue to bed with the headline: "DEWEY WINS BY LANDSLIDE!!!"

My oldest son was born the day Nixon lied to the Secretary of State.

Middle son was born during Gerald Ford's presidency.

Youngest son was born during Gerald Ford's presidency.

What can I say? They were all 18 months apart.

I finally figured out what caused pregnancy.Wink Laughing

lol.

Ol' Gerry's clumsiness seems to have upended your life. Smiling

I've never thought of the Ford Presidency as being particularly romantic, but you've given me reason to reconsider. Ha! What Chevy Chase could have done with this knowledge.
(01-30-2013, 03:57 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 03:02 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 01:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: How would they know an earthquake was going to happen?

growing up I remember a green station wagon.

And we all (6 of us ) were rolling around in it unbuckled.
(01-29-2013, 06:59 PM)tealeaf Wrote: JFK

Me too.

One of the last children of the black n' white generation. John-John was barely my elder. Whence Camelot? Perhaps my political life has been a quest to reclaim that lost American promise that I breathed while very young. Still have memories of a mourning Jackie . . .
JFK