Who Was President When You Were Born?
Just asking.
Harry Give Em Hell Truman for me.
Bush 41 for my Daughter, but Willy Clinton for my son. I'm grateful for that.
Ike when I was born.

Ford when the oldest daughter was born.
Carter when the second daughter was born.
Reagan when the son was born.
Your oldest daughter and I are close to the same age, then.
(01-29-2013, 04:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: Your oldest daughter and I are close to the same age, then.

She's 36.
(01-29-2013, 04:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 04:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: Your oldest daughter and I are close to the same age, then.

She's 36.

Yup. Very close to the same age.
i was born the day Truman was elected.

When many newspapers had put the morning issue to bed with the headline: "DEWEY WINS BY LANDSLIDE!!!"

My oldest son was born the day Nixon lied to the Secretary of State.

Middle son was born during Gerald Ford's presidency.

Youngest son was born during Gerald Ford's presidency.

What can I say? They were all 18 months apart.

I finally figured out what caused pregnancy.Wink Laughing
Harry
JFK
FDR
Harry
Interesting answers. Seems the era we grew up in, even by 4-8 years, informs our world view.
No diving under the desk drills for those born in JFK time or later, for instance. No Viet Nam memories for those '70s babies.
Looks like Wonky should be calling Len "Sir" and him calling Wonkers "Junior.
FDR was president from 1933 to 1945, so they both are FDR children. I'm just about certain Wonky still has seniority between the two also. Indeed, I think Wonky is the oldest active member of the forum, unless Prospero beats him.

EDIT: I had to research why Roosevelt got to serve so long, he was actually elected 4 times. The 22nd Amendment put a stop to that afterwards.
I like the Truman kids, myself. Wink

Give 'em Hell, Harry!
Lyndon Johnson for me.
(01-29-2013, 09:37 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Lyndon Johnson for me.

Me too, BZ.
Abraham Obama.
jfk
The VP was tricky dick.
(01-29-2013, 08:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Interesting answers. Seems the era we grew up in, even by 4-8 years, informs our world view.
No diving under the desk drills for those born in JFK time or later, for instance. No Viet Nam memories for those '70s babies.

Technically I was born during Eisenhower. But my youngest years were in the JFK age. We did the duck and cover drills until I got a bit older. I remember doing them. I don't remember what they were for well, I know now, but not then. Now however, I get to teach basically the same skill. Except now they are called "Emergency Room Drills" for earthquakes. And assailants.CryingCrying