Gay Wedding Cake? No Says This Guy...
pt.2
Karen Geary
Just call me Jesus killer. Someone else just called me that, so you may as well, too :-D
Unlike · · 15 hours ago via mobile ·
You, Deborah Stultz and 5 others like this.

Doug Neudeck That's silly. You weren't even around then. You should have replied, "Native American Killer!"
15 hours ago · Like · 1

Kris Lockhart Nichols What? How? In what context?
15 hours ago via mobile · Like

Meesha Viron It's a club.
15 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Karen Geary Kris, it's a long story. The person actually said I remind him of the people who killed Jesus. I think it started when I quoted Ghandi. It's ok. This person was trying to intelluctualize his christian viewpoint, which is usually best left to the Jesuits
7 hours ago · Like · 3

Nancy Floyd Oh god. Then you invite them to go pleasure themselves
7 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Nancy Floyd seriously, i don't suffer the judeo-narcissists gladly anymore.
6 hours ago · Like

Deborah Stultz I hate that his name is Delli Gatti. He doesn't deserve the feline in his name. Cats are much more accepting than that pantywaist.
6 hours ago · Like · 1

Karen Geary I was feeling bad that I may have offended someone. I don't think the feeling were mutual :-0
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Karen Geary Should be "Feelings." Awk! Now I have that song in my head!
6 hours ago via mobile · Like

Deborah Stultz Whoa whoa oh..feelings!
6 hours ago · Like

Nancy Floyd that's why i take those on a case by case basis--if i get that the person is just humping my leg in the name of jesus, seriously, fuck 'em
5 hours ago · Like
http://www.kpic.com/news/local/Dozens-pr...50031.html

Quote:Dozens of protesters gather outside Sweet Cakes bakery

[Image: Gresham+bakery+protest+%286%29.jpg]

GRESHAM, Ore. – Protesters gathered on Saturday outside a Gresham bakery that’s at the center of a wedding cake controversy.

A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple is the subject of a state investigation. The story gained national attention since KATU News first reported it earlier this month.

Dozens of people showed up outside Sweet Cakes by Melissa Saturday afternoon to voice their opposition to Aaron Klein’s decision not to make the cake.

“That’s wrong. That’s a crime in Oregon,” said protester Rob Cochran. “I need to let people know if you’re going to do that as a business, there are going to be consequences.”

Inside the bakery, however, business is booming.

"Lots of support. Support coming through the door, support coming from - we get 25 or 30 letters a day," said Klein, who said he's been the subject of hate mail as well. "I think there are actually some photoshopped pictures of me going around that are pretty messed up, but in my opinion that really shows the morality of the people doing this."

Oregon Attorney General's civil enforcement officers are looking into whether Klein broke the law when he denied the couple a cake. The Oregon Equality Act of 2007 prohibits discrimination against people based on their sexual orientation and gender identity. The statute includes public accommodations, such as businesses.

“I don’t really care about them as individuals. The fact is, businesses cannot be allowed to discriminate,” said Cochran.

“I thought it was really great that someone would stand up for what they believe and not feel pressured at the time,” said customer Sue Anderson. “I thought it was really good that they have some feelings about life, and they’re living it.”

Aaron Klein told KATU that he’ll close down shop if he has to, but he refuses to make a cake for a gay wedding. He says it’s a religious debate.

"I think [the state labor commissioner] is going to have decide what's more important: The Oregon State Constitution, or the statute that was passed in 2007," Klein said. "They dropped the ball by not putting in any exemption for religious beliefs."

The lesbian couple at the center of the controversy received offers to make them a wedding cake from all over the country. Local baker Laura Widener, who runs the Southeast Portland bakery Pastrygirl, will make their wedding cake.

Celebrity baker Duff Goldman will also make them a second “bride’s cake” in the style of a “groom’s cake.
I was in similar situAtions a few time before I sold the biz. My solution was to just refuse the customer service w/o an explanation and let them take it how they may.
This guy will may double his business from his stance so good on him.
gay donuts?
(02-13-2013, 03:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: gay donuts?

That's what I was looking for!

I didn't know that cakes had sexual tendencies.Razz
Well, they definitely have holes.
The sweet cakes are the ones with the signsRazz
(02-13-2013, 03:57 PM)BeerMe Wrote:
(02-13-2013, 03:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: gay donuts?

That's what I was looking for!

I didn't know that cakes had sexual tendencies.Razz

Some come with nuts and bananas.
A business can refuse service to anyone. It's when they give a reason for refusal that causes problems. It is gratifying to refuse a person service and not give them a reason. They know why but can't do anything but whine about it. Smiling
(02-14-2013, 09:55 AM)Simon Peter Wrote: A business can refuse service to anyone. It's when they give a reason for refusal that causes problems. It is gratifying to refuse a person service and not give them a reason. They know why but can't do anything but whine about it. Smiling

Sounds like the coward's way. Dry
Sounds like the unsuccessful business persons way, too. Who gives repeat business to a jerk?
I guess I did serve some people that I normally would not have because they were family or friends of my employees. It was understood though that all those orders were to go and only for premade items. It is most important to keep your employees happy.