.223 (5.56)
(03-10-2013, 01:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 01:43 PM)gapper Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 12:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:17 AM)gapper Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 09:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: .......Actually Mark if someone wants an AR or high capacity magazines I don't think they are suckers at all for buying them now before they get banned.

It even conceivable that bans will come on The Ruger pistol I just purchased and or it's two 15 round clips.

How much you want to bet that AR's get banned "sucka"!! Laughing

How about you try a little harder and read and understand what you are responding to.

If you want to bet me you obviously think I don't think AR's will be banned.

If so WHY would I have said I don't think they are suckers at all for buying them now( magazines) before they get banned.

I think it is you that missed the target TV. Notice I mentioned nothing about magazines, but focused on ARs. (hell, I even used the quote feature you are so enamored with!!Big Grin) I am asking if you want to bet on AR's being banned or not....????

And, I was kidding you. To quote a source, "sheesh". You dish it out but can't take it???Rolling Eyes

OK fair enough but I thought you made it obvious that you were calling anyhow who bought magazines or ammo suckers.
I think it's a distinct possibility that assault weapons will be banned. They were banned before for crying out loudLaughing

I seriously doubt that any time in the near future people will be REQUIRED to give up assault weapons they already own.

As you say, fair enough.

I truly don't believe assault weapons (once someone decides what the heck that really means) will be banned again. The history tells us it didn't make any difference last time, and I don' think there are the votes in Congress to get it done again.

As for high cap magazines, the reason why I left that out of my hypothetical bet is that I can see that getting done. On the other hand, last time all that did was raise the prices on the millions that were stock piled in various warehouses. I am betting the warehouse stockpiles are building as we type.

And, I don't think confiscation of guns or magazines will happen on the federal level. I see some states attempting to pass legislation that involves that but the Legislators in Oregon have abandoned that idea, from what I am reading and hearing.