The Yellow Dog Project
(02-07-2013, 02:45 PM)Smithcat Wrote: Doesnt work when the other person is blind and cannot see anyone approaching them with a 'yellow ribbon' on the leash of their ill-mannered, uncontrolled and outright vicious mutt that should not be out in the public venue anyway. Then the blind person with their guide dog gets yelled at because: "Didnt you SEE my yellow ribbon? That means 'stay back'".....as they take up the entire sidewalk with their non-leash trained, aggressive mongrel. Ummm.......NO, she did not 'see' the yellow ribbon....because she cant 'see' much of anything....hence the clearly marked and easily identifiable guide dog. Well.....easily identifiable to everyone but you, it seems.

Seriously, if the persons dog is THAT much of a problem where they think they need to tie a 'yellow ribbon' on the leash to warn people to stay away.....it doesnt belong in the public venue where it will come into contact with others to begin with.

Wow. That's happened to you? (wife)

Anyway, "..see the yellow ribbon?..." Who all knows this secret yellow ribbon code anyway? First I've heard of it.
(02-10-2013, 07:27 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Wow. That's happened to you? (wife)

Anyway, "..see the yellow ribbon?..." Who all knows this secret yellow ribbon code anyway? First I've heard of it.

Yes. Happened to her in (of all places) Portland. She was there for a work conference, and everyone met at a restaurant downtown. It happened while she was on her way to the restaurant from the hotel.
The lab that bit me, is making up to Spot and me. It's a kind of slow process. The dog's problem is, he's scared of his shadow. About two more sessions, and I can pat him on the head. Spot may have to be the heavy in this new partnership.
My dog has been identified as a perp's dog, by Mz Dickson's "To catch a thief" webpage. Fortunately the description missed by twenty pounds. I think we need to put yellow ribbons on layed off sheriff's office employees.