prices
no one seems to be talking about this but gas prices are rising I thought at first it was just me noticing it, but it has been going up for 32 days.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/17/news/eco...?hpt=hp_t2
there seems to be a lot of excuses for it.

Then at the grocery store today I noticed the prices went up again. You know this is starting to get silly.
The Midwest drought continues; the winter wheat crop is not doing well.
Food prices are going to keep increasing, I'm sorry to say. Sad
Virtually ALL prices you pay in the stores are related to the cost of fuel. Everything is transported, so fuel costs get passed on the the consumer as a matter of course.

Thank goodness gas prices are only up 96% under this administration, as they would obviously have been higher with a more energy friendly one....
(02-18-2013, 10:47 AM)Larry Wrote: Virtually ALL prices you pay in the stores are related to the cost of fuel. Everything is transported, so fuel costs get passed on the the consumer as a matter of course.

Thank goodness gas prices are only up 96% under this administration, as they would obviously have been higher with a more energy friendly one....

Looking at price at a point in time is not as informative as the average price.
What is the average price of the previous administration as compared to the average price of this administration?
(02-18-2013, 10:47 AM)Larry Wrote: Virtually ALL prices you pay in the stores are related to the cost of fuel. Everything is transported, so fuel costs get passed on the the consumer as a matter of course.

Well it passed over $4.00 a gallon under Bush. Getting the Wall Street boys out of it would help. A GOP idea signed by Clinton. We been down this road before.

Can you tell us were you got the 96% figure from? Is it based on averages or a high/low?
What does any administration have to do with gas prices? Ever since traders were allowed to speculate on futures, we've been fucked.
We're producing plenty of oil; this increase is pure greed on behalf of your butt buddies, Larry.
(02-18-2013, 11:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: What does any administration have to do with gas prices? Ever since traders were allowed to speculate on futures, we've been fucked.
We're producing plenty of oil; this increase is pure greed on behalf of your butt buddies, Larry.
Yep, Phil Gramm.
(02-18-2013, 11:28 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 11:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: What does any administration have to do with gas prices? Ever since traders were allowed to speculate on futures, we've been fucked.
Yep, Phil Gramm.
Yep.
Good grief people right now gas is CHEAP. Blond mom is right it is coming up, it's coming up from the lowest I've seen it in a long freaking time which was $3.26 a gallon.
Now it's up about 25 cents from that which IMO is still cheap. Has anyone else noticed that people are back to driving around their guzzlers that were parked before?
(02-18-2013, 11:39 AM)tvguy Wrote: Good grief people right now gas is CHEAP. Blond mom is right it is coming up, it's coming up from the lowest I've seen it in a long freaking time which was $3.26 a gallon.
Now it's up about 25 cents from that which IMO is still cheap. Has anyone else noticed that people are back to driving around their guzzlers that were parked before?

With all due respect, it is one person, not "people" implying that gas prices are high, in this thread. That would be Larry. And he threw a number out to make yet another bogus attack on the President.
He seems to miss no opportunity, real or perceived, to make attacks on the current President and his administration. It seems me to be an obsession of his.
Why does EVERYTHING according to most forum have to be related to some corruption or scheme to make more money??
Compared to most countries we have VERY inexpensive gasoline. The price goes up a lousy 13% from what was a bargain basement price per gallon and suddenly it's Obama's fault or Phil Graham or wall street or Captain Kangaroo.

What a bunch of freaking whiners.

Has ANYONE even considered that it might actually be true that the price of crude, has jumped 10% in the last 2 months????
Or that Refineries are going down and there has been unanticipated maintenance costs??

I bet if gas was free and politicians pumped it for us many here would still find something to bitch about.
Except the price of crude hasn't gone up, and the refineries always seem to shut down at convenient times to affect supply.
And you're the one bitching.
(02-18-2013, 11:41 AM)gapper Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 11:39 AM)tvguy Wrote: Good grief people right now gas is CHEAP. Blond mom is right it is coming up, it's coming up from the lowest I've seen it in a long freaking time which was $3.26 a gallon.

With all due respect, it is one person, not "people" implying that gas prices are high, in this thread. T

What about who BBQ said we were fucked because of pure greed and he got an amen from Scrapper and Willie?

It is up a lot more than that, I was paying $2.86 a gal, on Thursday I paid $3.49.
Someone said it went up 40 cents a gallon in one day at Fred Meyer.
(02-18-2013, 11:54 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Except the price of crude hasn't gone up, and the refineries always seem to shut down at convenient times to affect supply.
And you're the one bitching.

Fair enough, you are right. I bitched at people bitchingLaughingLaughing

Quote: Except the price of crude hasn't gone up
Right and now id asked you will Google something that proves this and then I will Google something that disproves it.
Lets call the whole thing offRazz
(02-18-2013, 12:06 PM)Clone Wrote: Someone said it went up 40 cents a gallon in one day at Fred Meyer.

It $3.53 at Fred Meyer right now. I don't think it was ever $3.13
(02-18-2013, 12:04 PM)blondemom Wrote:

It is up a lot more than that, I was paying $2.86 a gal, on Thursday I paid $3.49.

$2.86$ ??? Wow where was this?? The OP you posted said 13%

[Image: G]
(02-18-2013, 12:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 12:04 PM)blondemom Wrote:

$2.86$ ??? Wow where was this?? The OP you posted said 13%

[Image: G]

The article was average here is a picture of what the price was, (I took it so that I could show my fil that was in Jan.) But even a few weeks ago I was paying less than $3.00 a gal.
[Image: pictureofthelowgasprice.jpg]
I don't know where you live Blondmom but of course what I showed was an average.

We wouldn't rely on one persons experience would we?

You said It is up a lot more than that, which is accurate for you but not for most of us.Smiling