Obamacare
You think trusting the government is the lesser evil?
(02-21-2013, 12:27 AM)charger Wrote: You think trusting the government is the lesser evil?

I don't necessarily. But changes don't just happen. They often are a process. Often a painful one that leads towards meaningful change. I, in turn, would ask you: So you think doing nothing is the lesser evil for millions of uninsured? For the medical crisis this economically depressed nation, with millions without means to meet the basic ability to afford health care is? Right now? Right now it's about at the level of serfdom in the 12 century.
(02-21-2013, 12:27 AM)charger Wrote: You think trusting the government is the lesser evil?

I think trusting the government could be the lesser evil, depending on the government and the corporations.
My belief is this: Something's gotta change. The elite have the general population in chains. Basic reasonable health care should not be a privilege in such a society. Do Capitalist quake in their collective surgeon booties over such changes? They should. In fact, they should have long ago. Had they truly been forward thinking and not egocentrically thinking, we wouldn't be here.This kind of abuse of a system is how the Edwardian culture in England collapsed in the early 19th century. And it will happen again. Economic disparity/inequality will, at some point find ways to equalize so that that the privileges of 1st world life and culture and not just privileges of the very few who are at the top of the food chain. The problem is with such changes is some will squeal. VERY LOUDLY.
Millions try hard to put a roof over their head. That to me is a more basic need. Make them pay for health care they can't afford? God job.
(02-21-2013, 12:39 AM)csrowan Wrote:

I think trusting the government could be the lesser evil, depending on the government and the corporations.

Could be? Huh Thought you were smarter than that. Big GOV. Where everyone gets screwed.
(02-21-2013, 01:00 AM)charger Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 12:39 AM)csrowan Wrote:

Could be? Huh Thought you were smarter than that. Big GOV. Where everyone gets screwed.

And how is trusting capitalism to care for us any better?
I trust the gov't. The rules are well defined.

Corporatocracy

Does it occur to anyone here that the gov't takes the blame for what the corporations want?
A perfect system. Blame the other guy and get away with it. In the last 15 years who is winning the game? What evidence does one need? Our system inherently allows for this abuse and the best part is people buy into it.
Gov't bad and free markets fix everything. To the slogan, what's in your wallet?
Not much sucker. This video explains why...Notice any bankers in jail, notice anybody but little people in jail?

(02-21-2013, 12:53 AM)charger Wrote: Millions try hard to put a roof over their head. That to me is a more basic need. Make them pay for health care they can't afford? God job.

You know, it's my experience that those who struggle to put a roof over their heads are just as needy and interested in affordable health care also.
(02-21-2013, 10:13 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 12:53 AM)charger Wrote: Millions try hard to put a roof over their head. That to me is a more basic need. Make them pay for health care they can't afford? God job.

You know, it's my experience that those who struggle to put a roof over their heads are just as needy and interested in affordable health care also.

Make them pay for HC they can't afford? Are you suggesting universal coverage?
I see we agree. Thanks