Good news for me and mine
All through high school and college our oldest daughter has done very well. All As through high school and almost as well in college. Now she is finally ready to go on her externship. This has been looming over her for the past year. The selection of hospitals and cities is sort of a random drawing. Basically there were about 25 different choices and 25 kids. The geographic area covered was from Reno and Sacramento to the south and Missoula and Alaska to the north.

Our daughter wanted to be near Medford but mostly she was mortified at being stuck in a very distant and remote location. Not going was an option but an ugly one. It means that you fail your last year and have to redo it. Then, hope for a better pick next Spring.

Last week we got the list of potential locations. One of the spots jumped right out at me as being the perfect place for her and I secretly hoped that she would land there. I didn't want her to be too close... or too far... or in a big city... or in a small city. In other words, I wanted Goldilocksville.

So yesterday was the drawing. The very first location pulled from the hat was, in fact, Goldilocksville. My daughter and about 11 other kids raised their hands as being interested. So 12 names went into the hat and "JACKPOT" she got picked!

What a relief!
Congratulations to your daughter. How happy you sound for her.
Isn't it awesome when things work out just the way we hoped they would?!?! Awesome! Thumbs Up
Karma. Cool
Moscow?
Wonderful news!

Thanks for sharing, GCG Big Grin
Woohoo! Congrats!
That's great GCG but am I the only one who wonders where Goldilocksville is or why you didn't say?
And you do realize there are bears there?
I bet I'm right.
(02-28-2013, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's great GCG but am I the only one who wonders where Goldilocksville is or why you didn't say?

Because its my daughter and this is the internet.

I try to be as anonymous as possible when it comes to my kids.

Its not the bears that scare me... its the wolves.

Note to cletus: My wife DID pray for this outcome! Are you scared? EvilEvilEvil
(02-28-2013, 06:57 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's great GCG but am I the only one who wonders where Goldilocksville is or why you didn't say?

No, I'm not ascared. Internet smiternet. I will guess which places are not to far and not too close and just right for Goldilocks.

The obvious places are OHSU and UC Davis. There is no need to confirm; I know I'm right.
I wondered where Goldilocksville was . . . .

(headslap) Congrats, GCG!
(02-28-2013, 07:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote: The obvious places are OHSU and UC Davis. There is no need to confirm; I know I'm right.

And here I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if GCG's preferred "Goldilocks" location that his wife was praying for was Klamath Falls. Laughing
(02-28-2013, 07:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

No, I'm not ascared. Internet smiternet. I will guess which places are not to far and not too close and just right for Goldilocks.

The obvious places are OHSU and UC Davis. There is no need to confirm; I know I'm right.

If you must know, she landed her internship at the Urgent Care Center of Upper Kerby, Ore. (right next to the Burl Gallery) She'll be the only one there not chewing on her inner cheek and picking at imaginary scabs.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.
(02-28-2013, 07:56 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 07:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote: The obvious places are OHSU and UC Davis. There is no need to confirm; I know I'm right.

And here I was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if GCG's preferred "Goldilocks" location that his wife was praying for was Klamath Falls. Laughing

Maybe it is K Falls. For some reason I was thinking teaching hospitals, but an internship can be at any hospital. Eugene would not be a good place due to the liberal politics in that City.

Hey GoComets, I hope you don't mind us having a little fun with this.Smiling
(02-28-2013, 08:23 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 07:56 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Maybe it is K Falls. For some reason I was thinking teaching hospitals, but an internship can be at any hospital. Eugene would not be a good place due to the liberal politics in that City.

Hey GoComets, I hope you don't mind us having a little fun with this.Smiling

Take your best shot.

If anyone guesses the correct place, you can trust me to be dishonest.
Great news!
Well, I know for damn sure it isn't UCSC Santa Cruz !! Now we can have a new riddle.....ask me how I know! Smiling
Congratulations to your daughter and your family, GoCo. It's always great to see your kids achieve success on their terms.
When my daughter went off to college in Portland, she didn't think that was far enough. She ended up so homesick that she came home regularly and wanted to quit school and move home! I'm glad your daughter got into a place where she will feel comfortable. It makes a big difference.